Save the Adventurers Club

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That's cute. :rolleyes:

Don't think for one minute that Moderators and Administrators can't see you IP address and search for matches to other user names. It's very easy on vBulletin in the control panels.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

Don't think for one minute that Moderators and Administrators can't see you IP address and search for matches to other user names. It's very easy on vBulletin in the control panels.

Very true, I know exactly who it is. I'm pretty surprised by who it is and not at all impressed.

sakraft1

Dear Adventurers

Well. :mad: That confirms the rumor... :fork:

Confirms it??? That is not confirmation. A fictional character, M. A. Pleasure, with one post and no citations does not confirm anything. Confirmation would be an official press release stating what will be replacing the club or known media outlets citing building permits etc. Does anyone know who this poster posing as M. A. Pleasure is?

So if anyone can start a rumor by hearsay alone, I would like to start the rumor that Hathaway Browne will be replacing Mickey on all Disney marketing materials starting in March 2010!

When I hear confirmation from a credible source or see pictures of the place being leveled or see a tombstone near the Haunted Mansion that says "Adventurers Club", then I'll believe it. Until then I will only believe in the Club-positive rumors (like the one that it will actually be open and accepting my money by my trip in October '09).

But in M. A. Pleasure's defence, I will say I appreciate his zeal and agree that we shouldn't stop sending your letters to the powers that be if you have the time to do so. Lets keep our Adventurers Club in Orlando and not send everything to Hong Kong.

Just remember, a rumor is exactly that.

Sincerely,

SK
Adventurers Club Member since 2005
DVC Member since 2009

Master Gracey

Original Poster
. . .I would like to start the rumor that Hathaway Browne will be replacing Mickey on all Disney marketing materials starting in March 2010!

Well it just so happens, I was sent a preview of the 2010 Magic Kingdom Guide Map!

ACMagicKingdomGuideMap.jpg

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

dmagickingdom

doesn't that go without saying? I thought this was computer 101, right next to press the button to turn it on. But if u really wanted to hide ur identity it's easy enough to fool these mods by doing switch proxies and by using other simple software tools, many of which are free. But, it's not gonna fool the feds and u will probably insult the mods cause they won't be able to see where ur from(or maybe they think they do but would never know the difference), so they will just delete the acct and you'll just have to keep creating new accts doing the same thing.

dmagickingdom

Well it just so happens, I was sent a preview of the 2010 Magic Kingdom Guide Map!

HathawayGuideMap.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!

Obviously I can see this is a joke. Anyone should be able to see that with the crappy lighting! I am surprised Photo Dave hasn't already jumped on this. But by looking at it, some people just can't see a joke when it hits them in the face!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Dear Adventurers

Confirms it??? That is not confirmation. A fictional character, M. A. Pleasure, with one post and no citations does not confirm anything. Confirmation would be an official press release stating what will be replacing the club or known media outlets citing building permits etc. Does anyone know who this poster posing as M. A. Pleasure is?

So if anyone can start a rumor by hearsay alone, I would like to start the rumor that Hathaway Browne will be replacing Mickey on all Disney marketing materials starting in March 2010!

When I hear confirmation from a credible source or see pictures of the place being leveled or see a tombstone near the Haunted Mansion that says "Adventurers Club", then I'll believe it. Until then I will only believe in the Club-positive rumors (like the one that it will actually be open and accepting my money by my trip in October '09).

But in M. A. Pleasure's defence, I will say I appreciate his zeal and agree that we shouldn't stop sending your letters to the powers that be if you have the time to do so. Lets keep our Adventurers Club in Orlando and not send everything to Hong Kong.

Just remember, a rumor is exactly that.

Sincerely,

SK
Adventurers Club Member since 2005
DVC Member since 2009

I certainly hope that your optimism proves correct, and I'd love to buy you a drink at the AC (at WDW-Florida) if it is, the HK announcement, which is consistent with earlier vague rumors that things would be shipped off to Asia, has me all-but convinced that that the AC will be recrated in HK with most of our original furnishings, decorations, etc. I shall continue to hope that HK is just getting a copy, with the original staying put, but...

ST
Adventurers Club Member since 1989

HathawayGuideMap.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!

:sohappy::sohappy:

Captain Hank

A couple days ago, I saw a Guest wearing an old-style plastic Adventurers Club pin on his pin vest. I greeted him with the club salute, and he just looked at me funny. I pointed out that he was wearing and Adventurers Club pin, and he just shrugged, and said "it was a long time ago." Sigh. :( On a happier note, I ran into a former AC performer at Universal's Disaster attraction a few weeks ago.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh agan! Just recieved EPCOT's 2010 map as well.

ACEPCOTGuideMap.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom