Save the Adventurers Club

CaptainMichael

Not sure how/whether this fits into the grand scheme of things, but I was wandering around PI killing time before a movie at AMC last night, when I ran into a whole bunch of these:

img_5101_rs.jpg

They were only on PI, not at Marketplace or West Side. The DJ area above Laffer's Cantina was up and running as well.

This makes me happy. A nice homage to the old Pleasure Island: Tonight!

chaggy102

I just wish hardcard would complain as much when 50 different Space Mountain Threads are started...

Anyway as one who works in Downtown Disney...I cannot tell you how many times I am asked a day when the clubs open or why they closed...

Erika

I myself was not an AC fan, but at 507 posts, this thread has obviously generated a lot of interest. Please keep it civil. Thanks.

hardcard

I apologize for the nutjob comment.. That was out of order... but regardless.. my point remains the same.. Why is so much put into this 'info' gotten from a posted with 17 posts? I don't care if they say it came from an imagineer or from Buddah.... If this was a thread about monorails, people would slam the person reporting the info..

Meanwhile.. honestly.. My main motivation is pure... WhatEVER they are doing with the building, I wish they would just DO IT ALREADY. Leave it closed, open it, whatever... More then anything, I'm 'tired' of beating a dead horse..

and at least the 50 space mountain threads contribute new information... Nothing REAL has come out about AC in MONTHS

Erika

Meanwhile.. honestly.. My main motivation is pure... WhatEVER they are doing with the building, I wish they would just DO IT ALREADY. Leave it closed, open it, whatever... More then anything, I'm 'tired' of beating a dead horse..

I agree-- but-- who knows, maybe they are waiting to see what happens with the economy. I know, another dead horse :lol:

SirGoofy

I apologize for the nutjob comment.. That was out of order... but regardless.. my point remains the same.. Why is so much put into this 'info' gotten from a posted with 17 posts? I don't care if they say it came from an imagineer or from Buddah.... If this was a thread about monorails, people would slam the person reporting the info..

Probably because the poster post the info in a calm, legible, mature manner. Rather than the monorail threads that are usually started like this, "OMG A DISNEY BUS DRIVER TOLD ME THEY ARE GOING TO BUILD NEW MONORAIL TRACKS!!!! OMG!!! I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEAAAA!!!"

I could care less how many post someone has as long as they are mature and post in such a manner, I'll take their word.

and at least the 50 space mountain threads contribute new information... Nothing REAL has come out about AC in MONTHS

I don't know what Space Mountain threads you have been reading.:lol:

Mr.EPCOT

There is possibility of someone with few posts like that having real information as much as any of the regular 'insiders' on this site. And the context of the information certainly lends a little more credibility than if they'd just said they asked a Pleasure Island security guard.

And I can't say we haven't learned a darned thing about what's going on in Space Mountain since they announced it was closing a couple of months ago.

EpcotServo

Ummm...I may not know much, but I do know that the Celebrate Tonight banners aren't a GOOD sign for the clubs reopening or anything like that.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I just wish hardcard would complain as much when 50 different Space Mountain Threads are started...

Anyway as one who works in Downtown Disney...I cannot tell you how many times I am asked a day when the clubs open or why they closed...

I was there as a GUEST and was asked by other guests when the clubs would be open. Granted John is my bartender-friend @ PI and I was at his bar every night for a week, but still - lol

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

It's been a while since last posting, and unfortunately there is no new news about the Adventurer's Club reopening (yet) but I just wanted to post a few items that I have come across in my internet browsing that shows that (thankfully) the Adventurers Club refuses to die:

1) A Facebook event that looks like a promisingly fun day to anyone who may be in the Orlando area May 1st!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=80177492135:
20th Anniversary of the Adventurers Club

Start Time: Friday, May 1, 2009 at 12:00pm
End Time: Saturday, May 2, 2009 at 12:00am

20 years ago this May 1st, the Adventurers Club first flung open their doors. The idea has been floated around to see if a bunch of people would like to gather, possibly in Adventurers costumes, and make a general nuisance of ourselves.

Park hopping has been suggested, as I'm sure we'll want to be well seen (to be more annoying to upper management), and because I can't decide if I want a beer from EPCOT or a Pineapple Whip from Adventureland more. A swing by Pleasure Island for photos may happen as well.
More details to come as the date approaches

2) Blondie as Six Bits at the normally unchanging "Hoop-Dee-Doo-Musical Review" sings "Bessie the Heifer"!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUabgGg1uFg

There are new rumors sprouting up almost every week indicating that the Club's re-opening is imminent. So I believe that it is time again to send off a few more letters to the Disney Execs letting them know that Adventure keeps calling our name, and we want our Club back to satisfy the call!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Scooter

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

It's been a while since last posting, and unfortunately there is no new news about the Adventurer's Club reopening

There are new rumors sprouting up almost every week indicating that the Club's re-opening is imminent.

Pardon me but aren't you contradicting yourself here?:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom