Save the Adventurers Club

maggiegrace1

So cool that he called you..:)

Sad that it was not what you wanted to hear but the fact that he called you says something...you at least got to speak your mind on the whole thing.

Pretty awesome Michael..:)..

CaptainMichael

So cool that he called you..:)

Sad that it was not what you wanted to hear but the fact that he called you says something...you at least got to speak your mind on the whole thing.

Pretty awesome Michael..:)..

Yeah, I'm pretty encouraged that he felt that me and my problem were worth callling about. I'm sure he's a very busy man. He's now officially aware of my position, what I've done, and what I'm prepared to keep doing until PI/AC is restored.

I may send him a follow-up email thanking him for his phone call. I know I wouldn't want to call me if I were in his shoes. It really says alot to me that he did.

If you're reading this Kevin, Kungaloosh and thanks for listening:wave:

I'm still in shock btw.

maggiegrace1

Yeah, I'm pretty encouraged that he felt that me and my problem were worth callling about. I'm sure he's a very busy man. He's now officially aware of my position, what I've done, and what I'm prepared to keep doing until PI/AC is restored.

I may send him a follow-up email thanking him for his phone call. I know I wouldn't want to call me if I were in his shoes. It really says alot to me that he did.

If you're reading this Kevin, Kungaloosh and thanks for listening:wave:

I'm still in shock btw.
I can imagine you are..

I can just imagine your face when you realized it was him and how you still feel right now...:)

Oh, and nice sig..haha
Well, at least it wasn't notice of a trespass warning..... :lmao:
:lol:
He can use Kevin's name now when he decides to "visit" the AC next time he is in WDW so he will not get in trouble for trespassing...;)

jakeman

Now, I do not have that option. I was forced to seek out entertainment off property. I would have preferred to spend my nights and my money at the Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse and have the option of taking the bus safely back to my resort. Sadly, it looks like my family and I will be spending less time at Walt Disney World whenever we return unless some things change.
I would say this statement alone is probably what made him call you more than anything else.

Everyone can go on and on about the theming and the warm fuzzy, but if you would let Disney know that their decision to close down AC is taking money off property, that will get their attention more.

It would interesting to see how many complaints actually reference specifically that Disney will be losing money in their corespondence and how many are the "I hate you" type emails.

Just to be clear, I'm not trolling. I don't really have a dog in this fight at all. In fact, it would be a pleasant surprise if it did reopen. I am just curious how many complaints mention the loss of revenue.

CaptainMichael

I would say this statement alone is probably what made him call you more than anything else.

Everyone can go on and on about the theming and the warm fuzzy, but if you would let Disney know that their decision to close down AC is taking money off property, that will get their attention more.

It would interesting to see how many complaints actually reference specifically that Disney will be losing money in their corespondence and how many are the "I hate you" type emails.

Just to be clear, I'm not trolling. I don't really have a dog in this fight at all. In fact, it would be a pleasant surprise if it did reopen. I am just curious how many complaints mention the loss of revenue.

I completely agree.

Big announcement from mark kohl

My DW and I were on the Disney Magic the last 7 days and our guest speaker was Mark Kohl, Director of Resort Development, Walt Disney Imagineering.

Just some quick background....

The two lectures explored his career and the current projects going on throughout the world. There was nothing "NEW" in the presentations and during the Q&A he was unable to speak to the future projects at the resort. He is the big cheese of Downtown Disney and when asked about the Adventures Club he was as tight lipped as possible.

Here is a little gist of this part of the Q&A...

Women in the back: (Yelling) ADVENTURERs CLUB!!!!!! (No question, just statement)

MK: (Laughing, with a big grin on his face) Yes, the Adventurers Club. All I can say is there is going to be a huge announcement in 30 to 60 days. (Still Grinning)

Man in the back: What is the Adventurer's Club?

MK: My favorite club in Downtown Disney.

Women in the back: It looks like you could open the doors and walk right in, nothing has changed since it closed.

MK: Yep, All I can say is that there is going to be an announcement soon. (Still Grinning - Almost Uncontrollably)

End Scene

That is the only "Inside Information" he could give concerning Disney Parks a few other tidbits of information...

- The two new DCL ships are in his words "spectacular" and "unmatched"

- Expect more interactive queue experiences to lessen the boredom. Similair concept of guest interaction like soarin queue.

If I can remember anything else I will post.

ENJOY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Lee

Adventurer
MK: (Laughing, with a big grin on his face) Yes, the Adventurers Club. All I can say is there is going to be a huge announcement in 30 to 60 days. (Still Grinning)
Sure, you could take his statement in a couple of ways...but I have to admit just hearing that makes me giddy like a little kid.:sohappy:

EpcotServo said:
I think the new Disney fan greeting should be "God save the Adventurer's Club" followed by a brisk salute and hand shake.
No need, we already have the Club salute. Kungafreakinloosh!
(Note to Steve...get us a smiley that does the Club salute.)

SirGoofy

Sure, you could take his statement in a couple of ways...but I have to admit just hearing that makes me giddy like a little kid.:sohappy:

:D

If there seriously is an announcement soon, The decision to go back for another CP is looking better and better.

Captain Hank

Not sure how/whether this fits into the grand scheme of things, but I was wandering around PI killing time before a movie at AMC last night, when I ran into a whole bunch of these:

img_5101_rs.jpg

They were only on PI, not at Marketplace or West Side. The DJ area above Laffer's Cantina was up and running as well.

Mr.EPCOT

Could it possibly be... we'll be able to experience another...

HOOPLA!!!

(Note to Steve...get us a smiley that does the Club salute.)

Indeed! And while he's at it, get those EPCOT smileys from lostepcot.com! :D

Kiff

Not sure how/whether this fits into the grand scheme of things, but I was wandering around PI killing time before a movie at AMC last night, when I ran into a whole bunch of these:

img_5101_rs.jpg

They were only on PI, not at Marketplace or West Side. The DJ area above Laffer's Cantina was up and running as well.

Hmmmm.... I wonder how long those have been up. Could this be some preperation for the revival of the area as a night time destination. Perhaps with a family slant and hopefully a place for the Adventures Club. 30-60 days seems to long to wait, no matter the news.

A guy can dream I suppose.

hack2112

img_5101_rs.jpg

Just the words "Celebrate Tonight" have me in a big grin. Let's hope they're planing to advertise more than the two already open and operating locations.

hardcard

I was at PI last night, as well as today... PI Live DJ's booth's were a ghost town.. Tons of people passing though PI, and no one 'looked confused as to why clubs weren't open' everyone knows it's closed, and no one cares....

Stop making something out of nothing.. celebrate tonight is just a promotion for the restaurants, etc in PI and Westside... nothing to do with 'clubs reopening'...

as usual, more baseless information... IF this was a 'The monorail is getting expanded' thread, and someone within a post history of '17 posts' had posted 'credible' information.. they would be raked over the coals.... but once again.. the AC nutjobs unite!

SirGoofy

I was at PI last night, as well as today... PI Live DJ's booth's were a ghost town.. Tons of people passing though PI, and no one 'looked confused as to why clubs weren't open' everyone knows it's closed, and no one cares....

Stop making something out of nothing.. celebrate tonight is just a promotion for the restaurants, etc in PI and Westside... nothing to do with 'clubs reopening'...

as usual, more baseless information

You're right, a direct quote from an Imagineer means nothing.

:rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
as usual, more baseless information... IF this was a 'The monorail is getting expanded' thread, and someone within a post history of '17 posts' had posted 'credible' information.. they would be raked over the coals.... but once again.. the AC nutjobs unite!

Please...how many times must this be said?
If you don't have something good to say, or constrctive to add...please do not click on an AC thread, just so you can be negative and irritate people.
Seriously.....:brick:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Duly noted and reported.

Why can't you just leave these threads alone if they irritate you so bad.

You do nothing but lose credibility by continuously belittling others and their views.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom