Save the Adventurers Club

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Sad news everyone, Sugar Snapp just wrote to me to say that Blondie just found out that Bill, the regular at the club who the Adventurers would always razz for falling asleep, is possibly going to pass away this week. He is at Dr. Phillips hospital, and his wife Jean doesn't really have anyone down here. She needs all the support she can get. Sugar thinks that we all need to stick together and be there for them as only adventurers can! I'll add more info whenever I get it. Please pass the word on.

Bill did end up passing away. RIP Bill :cry:

Mr.EPCOT

how about those that have needlessy bumped 1 thread over and over again, for a total much higher than my 6?:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Well, it is not up to you to decide whether it is needless or not. If a moderator thought someone was being excessive in bumping a thread, they would act appropriately. But no, it has just simply been an occasional update of small events related to the ongoing changes at Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney as a whole, like the link to an article about the closure of a Rainforest Cafe. There is relevancy there, however minor, but the point is that you can decide for yourself whether you think it is interesting or not, but don't act out and try to force that viewpoint on others. It will be taken care if it goes against the rules of the forum. No one is twisting your arm to open the thread. Or perhaps you are really annoyed because you keep opening the thread every time there is a new post in the hopes that there will be some news that the Club will be reopening or the like, only to find that it is some minor item of note or something to that effect. All you have to do is not open the thread, just refrain from clicking on the link. Inaction is much easier than action. Or you can keep posting your displeasure and acting out every time there might be a bump and just earn the scorn of your fellow posters and possibly action from the moderators.

Kungaloosh! :wave:

s8film40

Disney seems to be very into buttons right now (birthday, anniversary, just married 1st visit, etc). In fact this whole What Will You Celebrate celebration seems to revolve around it. Everyone is supposed to share the special things that they are celebrating and the buttons are intended to be a point of initiating a conversation amongst guest and cast members so others can learn what you are celebrating. I'm not really into this but I found this button I guess it's from the early days of Pleasure Island probably worn by cast members to initiate a conversation about Pleasure Island to help educate guests as to what Pleasure Island is. So I have decided to start participating in this what will you celebrate button wearing thing. I am going to wear this button whenever I go to the parks whenever someone asks me about my button I can tell them all about the Adventurers Club and how great it was and how I would like to celebrate it reopening.

3342476231_ba0c518fdf_o.jpg

Scooter

Not sure how a recreation of this button would/should/could have any effect in regards to the AC. It simply asks a question about what went on in Pleasure Island. I remember several bars and a main stage and fireworks at midnight. I remember The Neon Armadillo and 8 Trax and so many other venues at Pleasure Island. AC was just a small part of Pleasure Island...and now, like the bars..it's gone...

s8film40

Not sure how a recreation of this button would/should/could have any effect in regards to the AC. It simply asks a question about what went on in Pleasure Island. I remember several bars and a main stage and fireworks at midnight. I remember The Neon Armadillo and 8 Trax and so many other venues at Pleasure Island. AC was just a small part of Pleasure Island...and now, like the bars..it's gone...

Well the point of this button is to initiate a conversation about Pleasure Island, for me that conversation would primarily revolve around the Adventurers Club. That wasn't the intention of this button but to me if I were to wear it now the meaning is very different from it's original purpose. If it were to be recreated it would be more effective for it to be more specifically related to the Adventurers Club. I'll have to see if I can come up with something.;)

CaptainMichael

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!oneeleven111 I just got a phone call from Kevin Lansberry in regards to the email I sent last week about PI/AC. Never in a million years would have I expected this.

This was my email to him:

Dear Kevin,
I recently returned from a family trip to Walt Disney World. Sadly, the resort as a whole seems to have lost some of its magic for us. Two years ago, I discovered the Adventurers Club and fell in love with it. I was hoping to share it with my family, but sadly, the Adventurers Club is no longer open. This was and is unfortunate for many reasons. First of all, and most importantly, the Adventurers Club was one of the few truly unique, immersive, Disney experiences on property for adults to enjoy. My family has the reached the point where we are all old enough to experience the wonders of the Adventurers Club and Pleasure Island. Secondly, Downtown Disney as a whole now suffers due to Pleasure Island basically being a ghost town. My sister and I spent one night there, and it has lost its magic and atmosphere. Pleasure Island was the only significantly “Disney” area in Downtown Disney. Sure, that sounds weird on the surface, but when you think about it, Pleasure Island was the only area of Downtown Disney to have a backstory, theming, and unique entertainment. Where can you experience a 1937 Gentlemen’s club with endearing, amazing characters? The answer used to be Downtown Disney. Finally, on our trip, everything in Walt Disney World basically closed around 9:30 pm. Pleasure Island was a place that I would go to after the parks were closed. Now, I do not have that option. I was forced to seek out entertainment off property. I would have preferred to spend my nights and my money at the Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse and have the option of taking the bus safely back to my resort. Sadly, it looks like my family and I will be spending less time at Walt Disney World whenever we return unless some things change. We miss the little things that made the resort special. The Adventurers Club and Pleasure Island were full of those little things.
In conclusion, I am very upset and disheartened that Pleasure Island was shut down, and it is my sincere hope and wish that it will one day reopen. If my family and I are any indication, there is a market for adult, yet Disneyesque entertainment in Walt Disney World. Pleasure Island was the crown of Downtown Disney, and the Adventurers Club was its jewel. We are not looking for more shopping and dining, we are looking for the little things that used to separate Disney from its competitors.
Thank you for taking the time to read my concerns.
Kungaloosh,

An Adventurer

He said that he that he received my email and proceeded to list all of the things on property that are open late at night. (Ragland Rd, Bongos, House of Blues, Atlantic Dance, ESPN Club, etc) and asked me if I spent anytime on property in the evening on my last trip. I told him that I went to Downtown Orlando for a concert on Church Street and had dinner off property. He said that I understand you're upset about the Adventurers Club, so am I (orly?) but everything is closed and they aren't coming back. Some things are coming but they are going to take a while, about 2-3 years.

I said that I wanted a place to spend time with my family in a place like the Adventurers Club or Comedy Warehouse because they were adult without being too adult and that my family (being older) would have enjoyed them.

I told him that I appreciated him calling and that I never expected him to. He said that he hopes my family will return to WDW and do business with them again ( or something to that effect).

I closed by saying that I know that AC and CW are closed and currently not coming back but to please, please, please reconsider. You would make so many people happy.

He said okay and rushed to get off the phone. I said Kungaloosh, he said "bye".

I'm still in shock.....

CaptainMichael

:eek:

he gained a sliver of respect back for calling.

My phone started ringing and it was a 407 number and I was like omg, I'm in trouble for the things I say on Magic. Then he said, this Kevin Lansberry and I was like:eek: I thought maybe I was in trouble for being a CM and complaining. I wasn't expecting that call at all...ever

I find it interesing that he allegedly misses the AC...I bet he's just tired of dealing with the nightmare it has turned into.

Major props for calling though.

EpcotServo

My phone started ringing and it was a 407 number and I was like omg, I'm in trouble for the things I say on Magic. Then he said, this Kevin Lansberry and I was like:eek: I thought maybe I was in trouble for being a CM and complaining. I wasn't expecting that call at all...ever

I find it interesing that he allegedly misses the AC...I bet he's just tired of dealing with the nightmare it has turned into.

Major props for calling though.

They're on to me!

Ahhhh!

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom