Rumor - Le Cellier going Signature

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If the original rumors turn out to be true from back when the Cantina demolition and rebuilding were first circulated, once the new lagoon-side restaurant opens, the San Angel Inn inside the pavilion will close for a refurb and re-open as a 2-credit Signature Restaurant.

-Rob

With the new outdoor table service in both Mexico and Italy, they will have the capacity to do that. Both San Angel and Le Cellier could go signature.

dxwwf3

thats not a bad dress code, you could go in as an average tourist, just not wearing a swimsuit or short shorts.

I never take a hat off on vacation unless I'm riding a thrill ride :lol:

Well it must not be enforced at the Brown Derby because I was in there last year and nobody asked me to take my hat off.

Rob562

The Signature Restaurant dress code only holds true for non-theme park restaurants. Brown Derby does not follow it, and I presume any future in-park Signature places wouldn't follow it either.

Heck, I don't think Bistro de Paris has a dress code, and it's not on any kind of Dining Plan, either as a regular or Signature restaurant, and its menu prices are on-par with the Yachtsman.

-Rob

dxwwf3

The Signature Restaurant dress code only holds true for non-theme park restaurants. Brown Derby does not follow it, and I presume any future in-park Signature places wouldn't follow it either.

Heck, I don't think Bistro de Paris has a dress code, and it's not on any kind of Dining Plan, either as a regular or Signature restaurant, and its menu prices are on-par with the Yachtsman.

-Rob

Well that's fine then. That's how it should be.

WDWFigment

I don't see why they couldn't enforce that dress code (for what it's worth, I haven't seen it enforced anywhere). It's far from a real business casual dress code. If you're going to a nice restaurant, even one in a theme park, there's no reason you can't throw on a t-shirt without offensive language on it and some flat front shorts. If anything, I think the dress code should be a little more stringent (requiring a collared shirt rather than a t-shirt).

Computer Magic

I don't see why they couldn't enforce that dress code (for what it's worth, I haven't seen it enforced anywhere). It's far from a real business casual dress code. If you're going to a nice restaurant, even one in a theme park, there's no reason you can't throw on a t-shirt without offensive language on it and some flat front shorts. If anything, I think the dress code should be a little more stringent (requiring a collared shirt rather than a t-shirt).
I totally agree. Either enforce the policy or don't have it. I didn't see anything excluding Brown Derby from the policy because it's located in a theme park. So that is Brown Derby unwritten rule as far as I can read.

Duke&Tree

Candlelit Processional?

So here's a question: How does this affect the Candlelit Processional?

We went the Le Cellier this past December and used it for our CP dinner. It was definitely one of the more expensive options, and we LOVED it! I'm not sure, however, it would be worth a lot more cash to have steak and bread. . .

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If the original rumors turn out to be true from back when the Cantina demolition and rebuilding were first circulated, once the new lagoon-side restaurant opens, the San Angel Inn inside the pavilion will close for a refurb and re-open as a 2-credit Signature Restaurant.

-Rob

Hopefully under new management and better menu. I can get TV dinner quality Mexican food from a box.

DisneyMusician2

With the new outdoor table service in both Mexico and Italy, they will have the capacity to do that. Both San Angel and Le Cellier could go signature.

Wow. That combined with the rumored dining plan changes will continue to ensure I never use the plan again. I like both those locations, but neither will ever be worth two TS credits.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wow. That combined with the rumored dining plan changes will continue to ensure I never use the plan again. I like both those locations, but neither will ever be worth two TS credits.

Perhaps it's all planned out to wean a lot of people off of the dining plans. :shrug:

WDWFigment

Perhaps it's all planned out to wean a lot of people off of the dining plans. :shrug:

I think the more likely scenario is that they're trying to lower the value of free dining. That's the direction the recent changes suggest to me.

Why would Disney want to wean paying customers off of the dining plan? That's guaranteed money! Weaning paying customers off the dining plan is probably an unintended consequence (or known of consequence that's worth it in light of the "savings" for Disney in lowering the value of the 'free' dining).

Computer Magic

I think the more likely scenario is that they're trying to lower the value of free dining. That's the direction the recent changes suggest to me.

Why would Disney want to wean paying customers off of the dining plan? That's guaranteed money! Weaning paying customers off the dining plan is probably an unintended consequence (or known of consequence that's worth it in light of the "savings" for Disney in lowering the value of the 'free' dining).
disney is the master of bait and switch.

I wonder if the Non-Disney restraruants want a bigger cut. Most of Epcot are Non-Disney owned.

Phonedave

True

It's not that hard to go the route you describe. Heck, I have played on many golf courses that have more stringent (and enforced) dress codes than Disney Dining.

-dave

Brian Noble

Presuming it's true (and it certainly sounds credible), I'm surprised it has taken them this long. I vaguely recall that when the plan was first deployed, Le Cellier and Coral Reef were both 2-credit for a short time. Am I just imagining that?

wvdisneyfamily

Presuming it's true (and it certainly sounds credible), I'm surprised it has taken them this long. I vaguely recall that when the plan was first deployed, Le Cellier and Coral Reef were both 2-credit for a short time. Am I just imagining that?

During part of 2006, the Coral Reef was for sure. Le Cellier was not in 2006. However, that was not the first year of the DDP. It may have been when the DDP started.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
IMHO the laws of supply and demand would dictate that this change happen regardless of any changes to the restaurant. Whether it would be worth it or not to us is almost irrelevant if enough people are willing to pony up 2 credits for it. BD is IMHO not worth 2 credits by a long shot but people still line up to do it.

ASHLAND WDW MAN

On friday may 14 i was able to get a table for 3 for lunch on june 9th, 25 days from the date. I consider myself very lucky as this is my dw favorite restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom