Rumor - Le Cellier going Signature

lilclerk

ok... my wife and I have dining reservatations here for November and we plan to use 1 credit from the dining plan. If this changes... then what???

Also, I have never understood why Disney has a way to make dining reservations online but NOT a way to cancel them. Seems this would make a lot of sense for those like me that may have to switch to something else.
You can cancel them online. You need the confirmation number.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/store/retrieveReservation

Computer Magic

ok... my wife and I have dining reservatations here for November and we plan to use 1 credit from the dining plan. If this changes... then what???

Also, I have never understood why Disney has a way to make dining reservations online but NOT a way to cancel them. Seems this would make a lot of sense for those like me that may have to switch to something else.
I would think the changes would take effect in Jan when DDP contracts are renewed.

aladdin2007

Okay im a little confused by this news. What does it mean exactly for those of us that do not use the dining plan? Easier to get into basically? Or are the changes for the worse? Thanks:wave:

Kamikaze

Okay im a little confused by this news. What does it mean exactly for those of us that do not use the dining plan? Easier to get into basically? Or are the changes for the worse? Thanks:wave:

No, if there are less tables, it will probably be just as difficult to get in.

And more expensive.

The food could possibly get better, I suppose, but it going signature doesn't scream 'good' to me. Especially on the short weekend trips when getting DDP doesn't make sense.

Computer Magic

Absolute agreement - and in my opinion, a move LONG overdue. Le Celier could, with this move, transform from higher end cattle car to the Restaurant they CAN be. When/if they do this? I'm certainly bookin there again - I had given up on it because it had become a cattle car - NOT because the food was poor.

With this move? They could easily reduce crowds, maintain or increase revenue, and boost quality - they are capable of very GOOD quality.:sohappy:
I agree, I stopped going because of the place being over crowded, long waits, rush to get us out and the food quality suffered. We got cold soup last time. I won't go back under current conditions. However, I would be skeptical going and spending 2 TS per person. That is a risk if the move is to really get more money from guest and not a move for better conditions.

CaptainJackNO

I would find it shocking that they would want to mess around with this restaurant. Of all things to change when it comes to food at WDW, one would think that this is the LAST place they would want to alter in a major way. It's already small enough of a restaurant and is one of the hardest ADR's to get on property. This would not make any sense at all, so I guess when I put it that way, this is probably true :)

BTW, I don't care what they do with the Dinner menu, just don't mess with the burger and cheddar cheese soup on the lunch menu and I'm great.

Makes perfect sense, actually. Le Cellier has a strong, dedicated following, almost cult-like for some.So, Makes great sense with the popularity of the restaurant that they make it a signature. It has the established following that the business minds there would assume (probably correctly) that with a boost in prices the attendance at Le Cellier would remain strong, while bringing in massively larger profits. People love the place and many folks will continue to go even with a boost in prices.
Think about it, it's the same mentality they use when they jack up prices every year on all of us for admission and hotel costs at WDW at large. They know there is loyal enough following to support and justify increases in prices each year. After all, like Le Cellier, WDW has a steady, cult-like following.

Rob562

While I question this possible move it does make sense for Disney to capitalize on a very popular restaurant. I've always been shocked that none of the WS restaurants were "signature" restaurants. Maybe this will allow some of us to get a reservation inside 180 days.

If the original rumors turn out to be true from back when the Cantina demolition and rebuilding were first circulated, once the new lagoon-side restaurant opens, the San Angel Inn inside the pavilion will close for a refurb and re-open as a 2-credit Signature Restaurant.

-Rob

Computer Magic

If the original rumors turn out to be true from back when the Cantina demolition and rebuilding were first circulated, once the new lagoon-side restaurant opens, the San Angel Inn inside the pavilion will close for a refurb and re-open as a 2-credit Signature Restaurant.

-Rob
I'm all for upscale restaurants as long as they are really upscaled and not just inflated prices.

For the Signature Dining Restaurants, a "Business Casual" dress code is in effect:

Men - Dress pants, jeans or dress shorts and a T-shirt or long sleeve shirt with collar is required. (Jackets optional.)

Women - Jeans, skirts or dress shorts and blouse, sweater or dress is required.

NOT PERMITTED: Tank tops, swim suits or swim cover ups, hats for gentlemen, cut offs or clothing with rips/tears are not allowed. T-shirts with offensive language/graphics will also not be permitted.

dxwwf3

They can charge what they want to, but having a dress code in a restaurant inside a theme park is beyond crazy. This isn't Club 33.

zweltar

I'm all for upscale restaurants as long as they are really upscaled and not just inflated prices.
I agree 100%. In my experience with the signature restaurants, I have been incredibly underwhelmed. My wife and I have stopped going there while on DDP because they simply aren't worth it.
If Le Cellier goes signature, I would have to seriously reconsider if the DDP is worth it for me. I was already wondering that on our last trip, now this might just be enough to tip the scales.

Computer Magic

I agree 100%. In my experience with the signature restaurants, I have been incredibly underwhelmed. My wife and I have stopped going there while on DDP because they simply aren't worth it.
If Le Cellier goes signature, I would have to seriously reconsider if the DDP is worth it for me. I was already wondering that on our last trip, now this might just be enough to tip the scales.
The only Signature that holds up to my standards is Yachtman's.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Absolute agreement - and in my opinion, a move LONG overdue. Le Celier could, with this move, transform from higher end cattle car to the Restaurant they CAN be. When/if they do this? I'm certainly bookin there again - I had given up on it because it had become a cattle car - NOT because the food was poor.

With this move? They could easily reduce crowds, maintain or increase revenue, and boost quality - they are capable of very GOOD quality.:sohappy:

Well said. That is exactly what Le Cellier is at the moment. A DDP created monster cattle car with a 180 day waiting list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom