Rumor - Le Cellier going Signature

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I have yet to eat here, but the change to signature certainly makes it more appealing to me. I hate fighting to get a reservation 180 days out, and if this means a less crowded more upscale experience, then I am in. Also I would prefer they enforce their already lax signature dining dress code. Paying premium prices I want to be in a premium environment.

plaz10

I'm really glad i'm eating here in just a few days. I probably won't shell out the extra cash if it goes signature.

mickey2008.1

if its going to be a signature restaurant, they have alot of work ahead of them. Its a restaurant with no view and fair food. They need to get aged angus beef or aged prime cuts, not the choice and select steaks they are serving now. Plus the interior seems very plain to me.

Ausdaddy

Original Poster
I find it hard to believe that it will be any easier to get an ADR as a result of going signature. If they reduce the tables, possibly more difficult.

As a 1-credit restaurant, my family and I eat at Le Cellier at least once on our 10-day WDW excursions. But as a 2-credit? No way in :fork: would I eat there. I'd rather go somewhere off property, or eat a second dinner at Tutto.

As for a 2-credit Mexican place? I'm sure you'll be able to get walk up reservations during peak August crowds at 6PM for a party of 12. :ROFLOL: I can't ever see wasting 2 credits there.

As for BD, We ate at Brown Derby in August of 2009, and other than inflated prices, had food that was just plain mediocre. We won't ever eat there again.

Rob562

I totally agree. Either enforce the policy or don't have it. I didn't see anything excluding Brown Derby from the policy because it's located in a theme park. So that is Brown Derby unwritten rule as far as I can read.

Not an unwritten rule, though I guess a rule that doesn't exist is, by definition, "unwritten".
As proof, I give you links to the pages for the two restaurants on the official WDW website:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yachtsman-steakhouse/
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-brown-derby/

As you can see, the Yachtsman specifically discusses the dress code, the Brown Derby has no mention of a dress code at all, which means that the overall theme park dress code applies. (Which I believe already disallows swimsuit tops and clothing with offensive language)

-Rob

wdwcastwannabe

As a former Le Cellier cast member that was part of the cast when it won it's first Zagat award, I am personally proud that it has been considered for this upgrade if it is indeed true.

Computer Magic

Not an unwritten rule, though I guess a rule that doesn't exist is, by definition, "unwritten".
As proof, I give you links to the pages for the two restaurants on the official WDW website:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yachtsman-steakhouse/
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-brown-derby/

As you can see, the Yachtsman specifically discusses the dress code, the Brown Derby has no mention of a dress code at all, which means that the overall theme park dress code applies. (Which I believe already disallows swimsuit tops and clothing with offensive language)

-Rob
Again, it depends what you look up. Here is another verb from Disney Website:

Signature dining restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort feature cuisines and wine lists from specific regions —usually international—on a la carte menus, as well as gourmet chef's tasting menus—with or without wine pairing. To maintain a formal experience, Signature Dining restaurants require an adherence to a dress code.
For an unforgettable For an unforgettable and extravagant evening, reserve a place at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table or Citricos Chef's Domaine; both Signature Dining experiences are at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

and here is the dining plan brocheure. Search on Signature:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

worldfanatic

IMHO the laws of supply and demand would dictate that this change happen regardless of any changes to the restaurant. Whether it would be worth it or not to us is almost irrelevant if enough people are willing to pony up 2 credits for it. BD is IMHO not worth 2 credits by a long shot but people still line up to do it.

Exactly, SUPPLY AND DEMAND.
I'm shocked this hasn't happened earlier, hope the rumor's true.

I don't use the dining plan, and I'd love all the people who'd refuse to use 2 credits to go somewhere else. :sohappy:

Rob562

Again, it depends what you look up. Here is another verb from Disney Website:

Signature dining restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort feature cuisines and wine lists from specific regions —usually international—on a la carte menus, as well as gourmet chef's tasting menus—with or without wine pairing. To maintain a formal experience, Signature Dining restaurants require an adherence to a dress code.
For an unforgettable For an unforgettable and extravagant evening, reserve a place at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table or Citricos Chef's Domaine; both Signature Dining experiences are at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

and here is the dining plan brocheure. Search on Signature:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

I'll admit there is conflicting information out there and it can confuse some people. Brown Derby often gets lumped into the "Signature Dining" dress code for simplicity's sake in publications about the DDP. (What'll they have, an asterisk next to Brown Derby and a couple extra lines of dress code exemptions just for that?) I guess they decide it's best to have over-dressed Guests who read all the fine print in the brochures at that one restaurant, than under-dressed Guests at all the others.

But the application of any dress codes are the same now as they were 6 years ago, before the Dining Plan and its credits existed. The "upscale" restaurants always had some kind of a business-casual dress code, and the Brown Derby was always theme-park-attire-is-fine.

The only real changes in recent years have been some changes to the definition of what "business casual" consists of.

-Rob

mickey2008.1

i guess people dont realize what they are getting for the price. Put truffle oil on anything and its considered a priviledge. if you only knew the restaurant industry, youre getting ripped off with less than grocier quality meats. I only wish i had gullable people for my establishment. Tourists!

mickeysshoes

They can charge what they want to, but having a dress code in a restaurant inside a theme park is beyond crazy. This isn't Club 33.

I agree 100% Not everyone returns to their room before going to dinner to change into proper dress for 2 credit dinner. :veryconfu

DisneyMusician2

I agree 100% Not everyone returns to their room before going to dinner to change into proper dress for 2 credit dinner. :veryconfu

I agree as well. I can understand if they are resort restaurants, but you shouldn't have to be in business casual inside one of the parks. Just seems odd.

I would love to see people dressed nicer for dinner in general at most restaurants I go to even in NYC, but this is a theme park!

Phonedave

You don't have to go back to your room to change.

You can go to the parks not looking like a slob.

Pressed, no-wrinkle golf shorts - not faded camo cargo shorts

A clean, no-wrinkle golf polo (under armor makes some very nice ones that are very comfortable and cool) - not a old wrinkled t-shirt that says "Got MILF?" on it. - yeah, I have seen that in WDW

Boat shoes, or clean sneakers and socks - not flip flops you bought at the garage sale down the street.

Put a comb or brush in your pocket so you can stop in a restroom and take your hat off.

There is nothing wrong with camo shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, or hats. But if you know you are signature dining, you can make a small effort to look nicer that day.

-dave

Figment632

A clean, no-wrinkle golf polo (under armor makes some very nice ones that are very comfortable and cool) - not a old wrinkled t-shirt that says "Got MILF?" on it. - yeah, I have seen that in WDW

Boat shoes, or clean sneakers and socks - not flip flops you bought at the garage sale down the street.

Put a comb or brush in your pocket so you can stop in a restroom and take your hat off.

There is nothing wrong with camo shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, or hats. But if you know you are signature dining, you can make a small effort to look nicer that day.

-dave

Ok WDW is not some 1st class golf resort people should'nt have to dress like they are in a Polo commercial.

-dave
I agree :sohappy: :sohappy:I always back a clean polo shirt for our son for dinner ( and he's 13 now!) He is still a dirt magnet, he knows the drill and goes to the restroom to freshen up . That's for dinner everywhere!:lol:

Touchdown

I go to a lot of parks around the country, and usually Im strictly a t-shirt, cargo pants and sneakers kind of guy. However when it comes to WDW I feel under dressed in a t-shirt in any park not named Animal Kingdom (because since they have a ride that submerges you I feel the need to wear proper swiming attire there.) From time to time I'll wear a t-shirt in the MK but never at DHS and especially not Epcot. Polos (usually WDW ones) are my standard attire. The only change I had to make to go to Yaughtsmen the last time I was there was not wear the cargo shorts (which really do come in handy at a park at securing items, especially if you are about to go upside down or be spun in a centerfuge and dont want muddle around with using pockets in the ride) in favor of dress shorts. And even then, when I went into the dining room plenty of people were in cargo shorts.

bugsbunny

As I had explained to me at the Grand Floridian by a manager, you are at a RESORT, expect to see people dressed like they are relaxing on vacation everywhere you go.

I've eaten at ever WDW signature restaurant except V&A. I have yet to see even 1/10 of the patrons meeting the dress code. In most cases, me wearing jeans and t-shirt is leaps ahead of most of the other people wearing their "outfits". At least my stuff is clean, free of tears, tucked in, and I'm not wearing my hat backwards at the dinner table.

On the other hand, I see plenty of "properly dressed" corn-fed blimps with wrinkled collared shirt that have no buttons done so we can see their chest hair hanging out and they are so obese the shirt only goes as far as their belly button. Or the younger crowd with ripped droopy cargo shorts on with a equally ripped and faded button down shirt, but is only completed with a pair of ratty sandals with toenails that look like they have been dragged across 3 blocks of broken glass. And of course, that gel slathered bed head that somehow makes them think that this look is catchy since every woman just swoons over the sight of a lazy underachiever, IMHO. :ROFLOL: Oh, and don't forget that they will be yappin on their iPhone loud enough for everyone to hear.

Does anyone actually think/care that if WDW enforced the dress code that anyone's dining experience would improve? If guests are annoying, a collared shirt is not going to make your steak taste better or negate someone's stupid behavior. If WDW wants to enforce the codes, they won't have 25% occupancy in those restaurants simply because most people are simply too lazy to pack clothes just for ONE meal nor would they go out of their way to change just to eat a meal.

As human beings, we got some goofy customs. How does putting on a tie and jacket or a collared shirt make a meal better or the place you're eating it more enjoyable? And if that's your way of thinking, when is the last time you put on a tie and jacket when you cooked a nice meal at home? When is the last time you ate at Le Cellier and thought that the dinner was spoiled because the guy 2 tables over had on a Mickey Mouse t-shirt rather than a collared shirt?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom