Rumor - Le Cellier going Signature

dreamfinder

Not to veer to far from the original topic, but our last trip we ate at Jiko. Surprised the wife with that one, but she had some nice clothes with her, and I had brought a polo. So we both fit the dress code. While we were in there we actually didn't see anyone who looked under dressed. A few people had on sport coats, but didn't see anyone who looked out of place.

Earlier on the same trip at Brown Derby, that was another story. Saw plenty of people wearing whatever they wanted.

Back on topic, assuming they don't jack up the prices much, or improve the quality a bit, I think its a good move. No harm in "excluding" a restaurant from the DDP by forcing guests to use 2 credits. Especially since it sounds like the new restaurants in Mexico and Italy should more than be able to absorb and fallout from people needing to book elsewhere.

SoccerMickey

Y

A clean, no-wrinkle golf polo (under armor makes some very nice ones that are very comfortable and cool) - not a old wrinkled t-shirt that says "Got MILF?" on it. - yeah, I have seen that in WDW

-dave

Wow! There are some rabid Monsters Inc Laugh Floor fans out there!

Lucky

Not to veer to far from the original topic, but our last trip we ate at Jiko. Surprised the wife with that one, but she had some nice clothes with her, and I had brought a polo. So we both fit the dress code. While we were in there we actually didn't see anyone who looked under dressed. A few people had on sport coats, but didn't see anyone who looked out of place.

Earlier on the same trip at Brown Derby, that was another story. Saw plenty of people wearing whatever they wanted.
It's easier to dress up for a resort restaurant - especially if you're staying at the resort - than for a park restaurant. Even if you walk directly to Le Cellier or Brown Derby on arriving at the park, you're likely to be dripping sweat when you get there. So the dress code should be relatively relaxed. Jiko or Artist Point is a different matter. Standards can be higher.

Animaniac93-98

Our family always dresses nicely for Brown Derby and I would never go into a place like that with just a regular "casual" outfit out of respect for the environment. We just go back to the hotel (which we would anyway), change and go back in.

Phonedave

As I had explained to me at the Grand Floridian by a manager, you are at a RESORT, expect to see people dressed like they are relaxing on vacation everywhere you go.

I've eaten at ever WDW signature restaurant except V&A. I have yet to see even 1/10 of the patrons meeting the dress code. In most cases, me wearing jeans and t-shirt is leaps ahead of most of the other people wearing their "outfits". At least my stuff is clean, free of tears, tucked in, and I'm not wearing my hat backwards at the dinner table.

On the other hand, I see plenty of "properly dressed" corn-fed blimps with wrinkled collared shirt that have no buttons done so we can see their chest hair hanging out and they are so obese the shirt only goes as far as their belly button. Or the younger crowd with ripped droopy cargo shorts on with a equally ripped and faded button down shirt, but is only completed with a pair of ratty sandals with toenails that look like they have been dragged across 3 blocks of broken glass. And of course, that gel slathered bed head that somehow makes them think that this look is catchy since every woman just swoons over the sight of a lazy underachiever, IMHO. :ROFLOL: Oh, and don't forget that they will be yappin on their iPhone loud enough for everyone to hear.

Does anyone actually think/care that if WDW enforced the dress code that anyone's dining experience would improve? If guests are annoying, a collared shirt is not going to make your steak taste better or negate someone's stupid behavior. If WDW wants to enforce the codes, they won't have 25% occupancy in those restaurants simply because most people are simply too lazy to pack clothes just for ONE meal nor would they go out of their way to change just to eat a meal.

As human beings, we got some goofy customs. How does putting on a tie and jacket or a collared shirt make a meal better or the place you're eating it more enjoyable? And if that's your way of thinking, when is the last time you put on a tie and jacket when you cooked a nice meal at home? When is the last time you ate at Le Cellier and thought that the dinner was spoiled because the guy 2 tables over had on a Mickey Mouse t-shirt rather than a collared shirt?

While I meal is not ruined by someone not wearing a collar, you my be suprised by the impact that clothes do have. Some of the organization I belong to used to have informal meetings - sort of like workshops, where dress was causal. Over time, the definition of causal became more and more lax, and the amount of joking around, talking, and general lack of attention went up. We then instituted a business casual code (no shorts, no jeans, no t-shirt) and attention and productivity at the meetings went up almost immediatley.

When everybody present makes the small effort to at least be presentable, it does enhance the experience.

-dave

While I meal is not ruined by someone not wearing a collar, you my be suprised by the impact that clothes do have. Some of the organization I belong to used to have informal meetings - sort of like workshops, where dress was causal. Over time, the definition of causal became more and more lax, and the amount of joking around, talking, and general lack of attention went up. We then instituted a business casual code (no shorts, no jeans, no t-shirt) and attention and productivity at the meetings went up almost immediatley.

When everybody present makes the small effort to at least be presentable, it does enhance the experience.

-dave

So if you where a collar you will chew more productively?

dxwwf3

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to WDW in a polo shirt. I will be wearing a park related t-shirt every day and I am not going to dress up to eat a meal. Not saying there is anything wrong with having those offerings at the resorts, but an in park restaurant is different.

It's easier to dress up for a resort restaurant - especially if you're staying at the resort - than for a park restaurant. Even if you walk directly to Le Cellier or Brown Derby on arriving at the park, you're likely to be dripping sweat when you get there. So the dress code should be relatively relaxed. Jiko or Artist Point is a different matter. Standards can be higher.

Well said!

Kamikaze

i'm sorry, but i'm not going to wdw in a polo shirt. I will be wearing a park related t-shirt every day and i am not going to dress up to eat a meal. Not saying there is anything wrong with having those offerings at the resorts, but an in park restaurant is different.

ok.

mickey2008.1

So what i am getting form this thread is, serve the same ok food, but have your customers dress better, and this equates signature dining? its about the food, service, and presentation of the place. No, i dont want to see milf t-shirts, but lets get realistic with what ia sig rest is.:brick:

Phonedave

So what i am getting form this thread is, serve the same ok food, but have your customers dress better, and this equates signature dining? its about the food, service, and presentation of the place. No, i dont want to see milf t-shirts, but lets get realistic with what ia sig rest is.:brick:

How did you get that from this thread.

They rumor is that they are going to shutter Le Cel and reopen with a different (hopefully better) menu and less seating (i.e better atmosphere) and make it Signature.

The discussion then went into if Signature restaurants belong in a park as compared to a resort. The reasoning being, people tend to dress more for comfort in a park, where at a resort they can go to the room and change. A Signature location, in ADDITION TO the better food, presentation, atmosphere , and service is also supposed to include a dress code. THAT is what you should now be getting from this thread.

-dave

Phonedave

How did you get that from this thread?

The rumor is that they are going to shutter Le Cellier and reopen with a different (hopefully better) menu and less seating (i.e better atmosphere) and make it Signature.

The discussion then went into if Signature restaurants belong in a park as compared to a resort. The reasoning being, people tend to dress more for comfort in a park, where at a resort they can go to the room and change. A Signature location, in ADDITION TO the better food, presentation, atmosphere , and service is also supposed to include a dress code. THAT is what you should now be getting from this thread.

-dave

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Cant be arsed reading through to check, but isnt the concept of an improved menu just a wish/theory of a post on this thread rather than part of the original rumour?

I do want to see Milf, tshirt wearing or otherwise, but thats a whole different food group.

Buzz2001

I would find it shocking that they would want to mess around with this restaurant. Of all things to change when it comes to food at WDW, one would think that this is the LAST place they would want to alter in a major way. It's already small enough of a restaurant and is one of the hardest ADR's to get on property. This would not make any sense at all, so I guess when I put it that way, this is probably true :)

BTW, I don't care what they do with the Dinner menu, just don't mess with the burger and cheddar cheese soup on the lunch menu and I'm great.
I agree, "if it ain't broke...don't fix it".

dreamfinder

Do the current 15 tables in the restaurant give off a bad atmosphere? Obviously I'm exaggerating, but it's the smallest sit down restaurant I've ever been in.....anywhere.

If you are ever in Boston, check out some of the little restaurants in the North End. There are at least a few that have 4 tables, 1 chef, and 1 waiter/host. That's it.

Does the current seating setup give bad atmosphere? I wouldn't say it's bad, but it's definitely a cattle car. Trying to find my way from on end to the other to use the restroom was difficult to do without bumping into other chairs and tables. Not to mention when people have their bags and stuff hanging off the seats. I'd wager that taking out even only 8-10 tables would make a huge difference. Give everyone a few more inches of space which helps alot. Does that space alone justify signature status? Nope, but if a signature restaurant was that packed I wouldn't be terribly happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom