Rumor - Le Cellier going Signature

RSoxNo1

What are the differences between regular dining and signature dining? Is this the 1 credit vs. 2 credits on the dining plan thing? Are there any other differences?

WDWFigment

Assuming the food actually does improve to justify the upgrade and changes are made to improve the ambience (fewer tables is a start), I think it's great. We aren't on the DDP most of the time anyway, so it's good for us. Since it's unlikely that costs will double (signature costs are never double regular restaurants, usually just slightly more expensive...which is why they're such poor value on the DDP), I will gladly pay the 20% premium (my estimate of the increase) for better food, a better experience, and a reservation that's easier to get!

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
I will gladly pay the 20% premium (my estimate of the increase) for better food, a better experience, and a reservation that's easier to get!

If this change makes it easier to get a reservation there and it doesn't have a significant impact on my wallet, I guess I'm fine with it. Le Cellier is one of the few places my GF and I eat at every time we go to WDW. If I can eliminate, or at least reduce, the stress and worry of making that ADR for future trips, and we don't lose our favorite menu items (salt crusted prime rib, smore, chocolate mousse), then I can live with it.

I always said it was one of the best values on property as far as the DDP goes, so I had a feeling that would eventually change.

Well this doesn't shock me and I bet it will be happenning in the end of September. I had to change my resort reservation and had to cancel my bookings I set up for the original one. When I tried Le Cellier for the last week of September there was not the "normal" unavailable but here are other choices. It went back to the screen for selecting dates and times and it was in red that there was nothing that matched my search criteria. I found that VERY strange. I agree also that they will need to upgrade dramatically the food if this is happening.

audiotinker

For the love of mike then they need a CS restaurant! That little kiosk with soup isn't enough and I have NEVER been able to get a seat at Le Cellier even booking 6 mo in advance! Terrible luck. They have the room to build, its not like their using any of those shops at the top anyway... although the maple candy is pretty much insanely delicious. :slurp:

There is a post on the disboards from a longtime member who's daughter works at the Canadian Pavilion. It states Le Cellier will be getting a menu revamp and converted to signature status on the dining plan. They also mentioned that the restaurant could potentially have the number of tables reduced and it will occur as early as September of this year.

Take it for what it's worth, but it sounds pretty convincing. Poster states that this has been announced to the Canadian Pavilion staff.

Edit: More info. More pricey Canadian beef coming to the restaurant as part of this.

This WOULD be a change since the last time we ate there we were told that the beef actually comes from Australia!

dclfan

Had you kept calling in? Or was it just random?

I feel like I should keep trying.
Me and my family wanted to dine here on our trip in August but it was completly booked. We kept calling every morning and eventually someone cancelled and we got a reservation for 4. The girl on the phone told me that if you keep calling there is a good chance of someone cancelling and you getting a reservation. Keep Trying and I'm sure you'll be able to grab a reservation.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
This WOULD be a change since the last time we ate there we were told that the beef actually comes from Australia!
When I first went, they proudly proclaimed thatall their beef was from Alberta. Then after a while they stopped announcing where it as from [around the "Mad Cow" scare]. Glad to hear they're returning to the good stuff! :king:

pax_65

The girl on the phone told me that if you keep calling there is a good chance of someone cancelling and you getting a reservation. Keep Trying and I'm sure you'll be able to grab a reservation.

We love this restaurant but we haven't eaten there in several years because we don't want to plan our dining months in advance. We prefer to play things more by ear, going to the parks we feel like going to, etc.

I still remember fondly the days when you make reservations DURING your trip for a few days away - or even that night.

Those days are LONG GONE.

bhg469

We love this restaurant but we haven't eaten there in several years because we don't want to plan our dining months in advance. We prefer to play things more by ear, going to the parks we feel like going to, etc.

I still remember fondly the days when you make reservations DURING your trip for a few days away - or even that night.

Those days are LONG GONE.

Amen! The website only made things worse imo. They need to leave a block of tables for the day. I'm sure not everyone cancels when they should. Disney can't rely on guests to be responsible or do the right thing.

surfsupdon

Everything on menu will stay the same. But it will boost to Signature Dining just to make more money. Isn't that the Disney way.

dcibrando

ok... my wife and I have dining reservatations here for November and we plan to use 1 credit from the dining plan. If this changes... then what???

Also, I have never understood why Disney has a way to make dining reservations online but NOT a way to cancel them. Seems this would make a lot of sense for those like me that may have to switch to something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom