Roger Rabbit's silhouette no longer his?

I_heart_Tigger

Thanks for the photo WDWFREAK53

OK...somehow missed that one altogether :shrug::veryconfu

I stayed in the 50's section and walked around on my last day got photos of giant bowling pins, yo-yo's, Mickey Phone, Jungle Book, Play Doh, 8-track, Foosball, Big Wheel and surfing Goofy but no Roger...that sucks, I like Roger :cry: I can't see me staying at Pop again but maybe I have to make a special trip over to get a photo with him. I had a photo with Roger Rabbit years ago. I think it was in the same spot at the studios where we used to see the Ninja Turtles, too. Maybe that where characters go to die :shrug:

Ignohippo

What about Jessica? She has a bigger presence due o her popularity and while not a walk around character, Disney does seem to keep her presence alive on merchandise.

There is nowhere near enough Roger & Jessica in the parks, its such a shame. Never has made sense to me due to their popularity, Jessica in particular. It has always shocked me that their attraction does not exist in Hollywood Studios.

I'm happy I got a picture with Rogers back in the early 90s.

My idea would be to have one location in each park where the characters are different from day to day. They have the costumes. It's just a matter of paying a couple of CMs. There have to be at least 20 characters they could do this with.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Isn't he one of those with a little statuette around the Partners statue at the Hub?
Either way, he actually had an accidental little appearance on the birthday cards at some of the character dining restaurants recently. Someone had mistakenly NOT ordered new ones, so they delved into storage and dug out one featuring Mickey, Figment, and Roger Rabbit in front of the Earful Tower, the castle, and Spaceship Earth. The Tree of Life didn't even exist when this card was printed.

WDW1974

A manager with "Studios Entertainment" told me that there is bad blood between Disney and Zemeckis. It was said that Disney never had long term rights to the character. He said the parks had let the contract with Robert Zemeckis to use Rogers likeness, expire without renewal. Maybe this is true and they had to change it? :shrug: Beats me.

Not true.

There is a whole dark ride at Disneyland themed to Roger Rabbit. It's lots of fun if you've seen the movie, but I had to wonder last time how many guests ever have.

I do, every year, with my family. That and the Die Hard series. Any way, it is a timeless piece that I hope never leaves any Disney Park. Also, someone said a meet-and-greet with Jessica Rabbit. I would in a heartbeat.

The Empress Lilly

There is a whole dark ride at Disneyland themed to Roger Rabbit. It's lots of fun if you've seen the movie, but I had to wonder last time how many guests ever have.
I can watch RR forever. That movie is brilliant!

I'm not that hot about the RR character himself - I've always thought he looks a bit silly, too clownesque for my liking.
Which, I suppose, still beats the reverse: wasting an awesome character on a complete dud of a movie.

yoda_5729

I don't post images on here, though I have an image of the sign, I think everyone is overlooking one piece of unquestioned Roger Rabbit related stuff in the parks. It's actually very close to the Roger Rabbit shape in the blinds

If you are standing in front of the Hollywood and Vine restaurant, and you face the Sorceror's Hat, there is a building in the way, or at least off to the side. It's one of the Buildings along Hollywood Blvd. On the very top of this building is a billboard for Maroon Studios, and it has all three, Roger, Jessica and Baby Herman on it, with their names on the billboard. If it was in fact a contractual thing, that billboard would have to have been the first to go, since it even refers to them by name. The billboard can be seen on Google Earth with 3D buildings on.

Also, at least at one point, the car that is in The Backlot Express is a movie prop from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, as it was the car the weasels or whatever they were, drove around in.

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
The billboard is looking faded. It's true there are numerous references to Roger Rabbit that remain in the park. You just have to look for them. The Toon Patrol car near the Indy stunt show outside and the Benny the Cab filming car at Backlot Express, the Maroon Studios (and perhaps the Big Red Cars) billboard, the ACME Ton of Bricks hanging near Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground and other scattered props. Also, the vehicles on the tram tour.

The Empress Lilly

I don't post images on here
:fork:

Here you go:

Maroon%2BStudios%2BBillboard%2B%252812-11%2529.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
That is Brer Rabbit... As far as a Jessica Rabbit face character, I think her proportion would be difficult to cast.

Yes, it would be a long, grueling process. And being the hard working and dedicated person that I am, I will fly myself down there and spend however long it takes to handle the audition process.

:cool:

Here you go:

4778007827_d606b2802f_z.jpg

That's a good start, although a bit on the scary side.

It's sad how many things WDW decides to "let go", and in general it seems like almost everything at the Studios has been neglected (except maybe during Star Wars weekends). Do CM's still give out the Disney Trading cards? When I was a CP back in 2002, I remember Roger was one of the trading cards we gave out.

sod4

We're in DHS, went by to look at this. The blinds are still in the same shape they were in the photo posted earlier in the thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom