Roger Rabbit's silhouette no longer his?

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
Yes. Here's the horrible view of the window today:

2l91mwj.jpg

Clever Name

Fame is fleeting in Toontown. It didn’t help matters when Roger came out of the closet. The studio hasn't put him in a picture in a long while. :wave:

I_heart_Tigger

How flimsy are those blinds? Looks like a piece between his ear and head just broke off. I have blinds in my house older than HS and they get used more often, I'm sure and have never had a chunk even close to just breaking off.

Makes me wonder if it was intentional for some reason.

Also...someone said there's a huge statue of Roger Rabbit at Pop? Where is that? I swear I walked around the whole resort to get photos of all of the buildings and didn't see him.

The Empress Lilly

Okay, so my theory is that the blinds got damaged. Isn't that a storage space up there? Was something heavy left to lean against those blinds, crushing them around RR's head? :

2011:

Then, the blinds were later straightened again. To hide the broken blinds, the RR silhoutte was enlarged with black paint around RR's head and arm:

2l91mwj.jpg

scottnj1966

Over the last few years Walt Disney world has lost the ability to repair things like this. They either do not care or will not spend money to keep the little things right.

The more they let things like this go as normal, the more WDW loses something. Before you know it they will lose what they are.

Very sad. Hopefully the day will come when they have the right balance of management and imagneering again.

Puppetguy

Might be hearsay but...

A manager with "Studios Entertainment" told me that there is bad blood between Disney and Zemeckis. It was said that Disney never had long term rights to the character. He said the parks had let the contract with Robert Zemeckis to use Rogers likeness, expire without renewal. Maybe this is true and they had to change it? :shrug: Beats me.

Nicole

There is a whole dark ride at Disneyland themed to Roger Rabbit. It's lots of fun if you've seen the movie, but I had to wonder last time how many guests ever have.

Ignohippo

A manager with "Studios Entertainment" told me that there is bad blood between Disney and Zemeckis. It was said that Disney never had long term rights to the character. He said the parks had let the contract with Robert Zemeckis to use Rogers likeness, expire without renewal. Maybe this is true and they had to change it? :shrug: Beats me.

This sounds plausible (Disney shut down Zemeckis' company after Mars Needs Moms and cancelled Yellow Submarine) but surely the rights wouldn't ever have been owned by Zemeckis. Disney is WAY too smart for that.

Still, it looks like that image was purposely changed to not look like Roger. This may be the beginning of the end for his presence in the parks. It's obvious this is just a decal on the window, rather than being actually cut out of the blinds like the previous version.

Does anyone know why the blinds were on display at D23? Hopefully, they're coming back. If not, Puppetguy is probably right.

It never ceases to amaze me that Iger would continue to try to acquire outside properties when the characters Disney already has are allowed to rot.

Rescue Ranger

What about Jessica? She has a bigger presence due o her popularity and while not a walk around character, Disney does seem to keep her presence alive on merchandise.

There is nowhere near enough Roger & Jessica in the parks, its such a shame. Never has made sense to me due to their popularity, Jessica in particular. It has always shocked me that their attraction does not exist in Hollywood Studios.

I'm happy I got a picture with Rogers back in the early 90s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom