Rides with the Most Insane Wait Times

What is the ride with the most insane wait time?

• Toy Story Midway Mania

Votes: 93 49.7%
  • Soarin'

Votes: 64 34.2%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Aerosmith

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Tower of Terror

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Test Track

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Expedition Everest

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Resort bus/boat at park closing

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I agree with both Soarin' and TSMM, but I've also spotted 90-minute wait times for BTMRR. Which I can understand, but the wait in that queue is dreadful, especially during the summer. At least you get nice artwork and musis in the Soarin' queue, and all of the childhood memories in the TSMM one.....

muse1983

The longest wait I saw when we were there last may was for Soarin, it was 100 minutes. Most definately not worth it...

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
I agree with both Soarin' and TSMM, but I've also spotted 90-minute wait times for BTMRR. Which I can understand, but the wait in that queue is dreadful, especially during the summer. At least you get nice artwork and musis in the Soarin' queue, and all of the childhood memories in the TSMM one.....

And air conditioning...don't forget that. :cool:

JonnyK

Stitch Great Escape. :lookaroun

Just Kidding -

Toy Story Mania would be the most insane - coming with soarin' 2nd.

epcotWSC

Baahhh, I voted Splash Mountain then I saw TSM at the top.

Yeah definitely TSM, although Splash Mountain on a busy day is horrid. Outside queue on a hot day is moidah.

akc

Guests get so upset about their 2 hour+ wait times for TSM, but there is really not much we can do. TSM is the most popular attraction of all four parks. Wait times really climb around the time LMA lets out because many fastpass holders cash in their passes, which can make the fastpass line lengthen to the outside door. When it comes down to it, fastpass is the line that must be kept short, which causes such long wait times for standby.
Two guys literally stopped the line at merge to yell at me for their 90 minute wait time at standby--which caused the line to get longer for everyone behind them, both fastpass and standby. So if you see a wait time of 40 minutes or so, hope in line because that's pretty good. But if you see the fastpass line out the door, hold off and come back when you don't see the line. But don't miss out on it! It's popular for a reason!

WDWmazprty

I guess every ride has their days. But TSM is usually always the longest with Soarin' usually right behind. Of course, I've never has to get in the standby line because i always make sure to get my fastpasses.:)

BrerFrog

I will go with Soarin' because I would definitely wait 90 minutes to ride TSMM, but I wouldn't do the same for Soarin'.

Master Gracey 5

IMO TSMM is the longest right now because of the novelty, but I think eventually it will settle into something more reasonable. That said I've seen immense waits at all the thrill rides during spring break weeks, pushing 2 hours for even BTMRR and Space Mountain and especially Soarin. Personally the longest I've ever waited was 90 minutes but that was before Fast Passes.

heartodisney

Last time we were there, 3 hour wait for Soarin'...that was INSANE..we just walked away and did something else and had a great day. Sadly, we did not try TSMM...but, that will be on the agenda next trip.

Eyorefan

I voted for TSM because honestly I don't feel like ride lives up to the wait time. Its great, don't get me wrong, but I honestly think the only reason why the line gets so long is the total lack of rides in DHS. If they were to add even one other family friendly ride to the park that line would be cut in half.

Dwarful

I agree with TSM getting first and Soarin' a close second. For families with kids at the Studios there aren't many ride options.

JML42691

TSMM by far is the hardest wait-time to deal with (getting fastpasses can be difficult as well), with Soarin' being pretty close. All of the others are easy enough to deal with if you time your fastpasses right and get there early enough. Granted if you're talking 4th of July week or right around Christmas/New Years then just about any wait will be unbearable.

But give it a year or two and/or the opening of another decent attraction and TSMM's wait time won't be too bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom