Rides with the Most Insane Wait Times

What is the ride with the most insane wait time?

• Toy Story Midway Mania

Votes: 93 49.7%
  • Soarin'

Votes: 64 34.2%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Aerosmith

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Tower of Terror

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Test Track

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Expedition Everest

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Resort bus/boat at park closing

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters
TSMM takes forever, and so does Soarin'. But the rides in Fantasyland always take ridiculously long in comparison to what the attractions are. Lovely, but not 60 minutes wait lovely. Especially Peter Pan.

mbisenius

The worst part about the standby line for me at Peter Pan's Flight is that you pass by everyone so many times, go near the ride entrance, and wrap around.....then do it all again!

DizneyPryncess

Case in point. Not a goof. During my early-mid December 2009 stay. Cast member said Toy Story Mania wait time was actually around 60 minutes. Didn't believe it. Waited another day to ride.

Oh gosh, 190 minutes really is insane!! I can't even imagine waiting that long to ride anything!

TSMM wins it for me too. Two weeks ago when I was there it was 90 minutes most of the day. During the second showing of Fantasmic it dropped down to 60 so we got in line. As it turned out, we waited less than 30 minutes to actually get on the ride. That was a nice surprise! Still, 90 minutes was the largest posted time I saw all week.

CP_alum08

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Peter Pan's Flight yet.

I was scrolling through to see if someone had, :ROFLOL:

I dont understand it! For what this ride is, it has horrible wait times. Even though i dont like it, I can justify waiting 90 minutes for TSMM or Soarin because of the rides are THAT good but Peter Pan isn't anything special. Not to mention that the line its self is mostly outdoors so its really hot, at least TSMM and Soarin are indoors!

Ralphlaw

When there's no fastpass, the "standby" line flows forward without impediment. Because of the frequent stops for the standy line to allow the people with fastpasses to board, the standby line becomes artificially slow. Let's say you have 100 people in front of you in the standby line, which may normally take about 10 minutes to clear before you get on. (That's about two people getting on every 10 seconds.)

But let's say the standby line stops after every 2 minutes to allow a bunch of fastpass people to go through, and it takes a minute for that to happen. Suddenly it takes an extra 5 minutes before you get on for a total of 15 minutes instead of 10 minutes.

And instead of 100 people in front of you, let's say it's 300. Suddenly your 25 minute line becomes 45 minutes. 500 people would mean a wait of about 75 minutes. Yawn. Let's go somewhere else.

I don't pretend to know the real numbers, but that's the general methodology. The standby line stops to let fastpass people on, so the standby line is artificially slow. I hate it, but I still love fastpass.

luvlifeinfl

I am going with TSM. Last yr the FP's were gone by 10:30am and by noon the wait time was around 100min. That evening with EMH at 10pm the wait was till like 90min.

If they could double the capacity of one of the most popular rides at MK by simply swapping out vehicles they would have done it already.

I don't think so because it is very expensive to make the modifications the new boats (now I can't remember now if it was in TDL or DLP) had an extra row in them.

Yea it is in DLP

An interesting note, the ride vehicles in Paris hold four guests (in a front and back seat) instead of two as they do in Florida, California, and Japan. This helps with ride capacity, but you should still Fastpass this attraction.

Peter-Pans-Flight-010.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find a better picture :shrug:

PhilharMagician

TSMM typically has the longest wait times, but Soarin' has been around now for 6 years and the lines are still insane. So my vote goes to Soarin' with TT getting a close second and TSMM third.

The most aggrevating wait has to be after a very busy day in the parks and trying to get resort transport home. When you are tired and want to go to sleep and have to wait an hour to get a bus :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom