Rides with the Most Insane Wait Times

What is the ride with the most insane wait time?

• Toy Story Midway Mania

Votes: 93 49.7%
  • Soarin'

Votes: 64 34.2%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Aerosmith

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Tower of Terror

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Test Track

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Expedition Everest

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Resort bus/boat at park closing

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters

PurpleRose

I got lucky and was able to ride TSMM twice thanks to fastpasses last week. (We got fp first thing and my sister in law did the American Idol attraction and her parting "gift" was fp so that worked out). We got fps for Soarin' early as well. Thank God for that, the wait time went over the 90 minutes mark I noticed.

I never got to get on Test Track because the wait was 90+ minutes and didn't get a fp. So my vote went to Test Track

Matt and Kelly

Soarin' has always been the worst wait time that I've seen. Unless you're there at park opening, you're stuck in that line for an hour minimum.

Same can be said for Toy Story but since the poll only allowed one choice, I went with Soarin'

a2grafix

TSMM takes the cake with Soarin coming in a close second.

Case in point. Not a goof. During my early-mid December 2009 stay. Cast member said Toy Story Mania wait time was actually around 60 minutes. Didn't believe it. Waited another day to ride.

190minutes.jpg

tiggermarie

I would have to say Soarin'. Every time we go on TSMM we only have to wait about 20 min.s But then it is also the first thing we do when we get to DHS.

whitney37354

How do I convince DH that just because we "can" get FP's that we won't be waiting in line? I don't think he'll deal well with 2 hr. waits for a ride. It wouldn't concern me so much, but this will probably be our one and one WDW trip as a family and I want to experience all the rides that we can. DH has already said he's not going back and we won't even be there for three weeks. He's never been before.

erasure fan1

I voted soarin because TSMM is still the new thing everyone wants to do. Soarin still has crazy wait times after the new car smell has gone away. TSMM could very well stay crazy with toy story 3 coming so my vote could very well change. Runners up would be: Peter pan and test track.

ABigBrassBand

I will go with Soarin' because I would definitely wait 90 minutes to ride TSMM, but I wouldn't do the same for Soarin'.

This. Soarin' isn't worth the wait IMO, but it is a breathtaking ride. When you go on TSMM its usually a group, and you have people to talk with while you wait. Plus the queue is better, with Mr. Potatohead and all the toys.

dweezil78

Crazy! We have TSMM and Soarin out here at California Adventure and though both are very popular, I've rarely seen the wait time go beyond 1 hr for either. Usually they're both at 45 minutes or so. TSMM doesn't even have FP out here which also helps keep the wait down.

At this very moment, Soarin has a 15 min wait and TSMM is at 25 min -- 12:30(ish) on a Tuesday, so not typically a super busy time, but still not bad.

As someone mentioned upthread, the wait for Peter Pan is pretty insane based on what that ride is. Just does not move people fast enough, though it's pretty easily the best Fantasyland dark ride in my book so I understand why it's more popular than the rest.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Crazy! We have TSMM and Soarin out here at California Adventure and though both are very popular, I've rarely seen the wait time go beyond 1 hr for either. Usually they're both at 45 minutes or so. TSMM doesn't even have FP out here which also helps keep the wait down.

At this very moment, Soarin has a 15 min wait and TSMM is at 25 min -- 12:30(ish) on a Tuesday, so not typically a super busy time, but still not bad.

As someone mentioned upthread, the wait for Peter Pan is pretty insane based on what that ride is. Just does not move people fast enough, though it's pretty easily the best Fantasyland dark ride in my book so I understand why it's more popular than the rest.

What's the EO wait time like? :)

brentl1127

Peter Pan has the most insane time for what it is worth.
But...the worst line is...Dumbo...waiting there with my three year old for his favorite ride was worth it, but MAN is it hard to keep a kid entertained for that long...

KJ1081

Definitely TSM- am I the only one who doesn't understand what all the fuss is about? I rode it for the first time last week and I thought it was dumb- its a giant video game and the last thing America needs is another video game! I gave it another shot and rode it a second time later in the day and in all honesty, I'll skip it from now on. Maybe if there fore some AA's as well as video screens I would've enjoyed it more, but as it is- I'd rather ride Buzz Lightyear because at least that has physical substance, even if it is in the form of cardboard-like cut-outs. I love Disney, and I rarely complain about any attractions, but this one is a great big yawn for me.

Studios Fan

Definitely TSM- am I the only one who doesn't understand what all the fuss is about? I rode it for the first time last week and I thought it was dumb- its a giant video game and the last thing America needs is another video game! I gave it another shot and rode it a second time later in the day and in all honesty, I'll skip it from now on. Maybe if there fore some AA's as well as video screens I would've enjoyed it more, but as it is- I'd rather ride Buzz Lightyear because at least that has physical substance, even if it is in the form of cardboard-like cut-outs. I love Disney, and I rarely complain about any attractions, but this one is a great big yawn for me.

I personally like TSMM but I think it has a few reasons why it is so popular. First off if it is really the only kid-friendly ride in the park, it is in a park that has few rides (6 if you count the backlot tour (which is kinda like counting the train at MK)), it is still relatively new, and it is highly addictive.

dweezil78

What's the EO wait time like? :)

I went on a slam packed Saturday on a beautiful day in March just a few weeks after EO re-opened and I waited all of 3 minutes. Walked right into the theater with the group that had been waiting. Was about 2 or 3 in the afternoon by then. Not too shabby...

Ralphlaw

I forgot about Dumbo, and Alladin's Magic Carpets for that matter. I understand that the starting and stopping slow the per hour capacity alot. I don't think I've ever ridden Dumbo with my kids except at night when things slow down. It's just too crowded otherwise.

In general, how are the wait times at DisneyLAND? We're going there in August of 2011, and are worried that it will be ugly crowded with long waits. And hot.

And I doubt if anyone reading is so unsophisticated, but do you any of you know people who are STILL afraid of Fastpasses?

travelgip

I think the FantasyLand rides have the worst wait times :eek: and they are also the oldest rides for "old school" Disney - and best for little kids. Maybe it's the cue design. Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's (should still be "Scary") Adventures and Small World all are pretty much in continuous motion, but the 2 people per vehicle and the constant stoppages and breakdowns add more time to the wait. :hammer:

OklaHoops

It's crazy! TSMM we had a 120 minute wait.:hammer: Good thing we grabbed the last Fastpass for the day!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Soarin was 100 minutes. I remember when we were at CA in the Summer it took us 15 minutes in line for the show.

I went on a slam packed Saturday on a beautiful day in March just a few weeks after EO re-opened and I waited all of 3 minutes. Walked right into the theater with the group that had been waiting. Was about 2 or 3 in the afternoon by then. Not too shabby...

This is why it will only be in WDW for 1 or two months tops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom