Rides with the Most Insane Wait Times

What is the ride with the most insane wait time?

• Toy Story Midway Mania

Votes: 93 49.7%
  • Soarin'

Votes: 64 34.2%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Aerosmith

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Tower of Terror

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Test Track

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Expedition Everest

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Resort bus/boat at park closing

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters

PurpleDragon

I must have lucked out when I rode TSMM, I was there opening weekend and the lines were somewhat light. I've seen Soarin' wait times at upwards of 120 minutes before. Test Track has broken the triple digits before too.

love disney

While TSMM has usually had longer wait times than Soarin on my visits, I would still vote for Soarin for most "insane" wait times because I find the music and artwork there (which I do like quite a bit) a lot less entertaining than the scenery in TSMM. Just my opinion, but in any case I definitely make sure to use the fastpass for both!

ms7479a

I voted "other" and would have to go with Peter Pan's Flight, just because I think that the wait time vs. ride experience is the most skewed. Not only is it one of the attractions which consistently have the longest waits at Magic Kingdom, but I think what you are getting in return for that wait is not as good as some of the other attractions you have to wait a long time for. Don't get me wrong, I love the ride, but I would rather wait an hour for Soarin' or Toy Story Mania than an hour for Peter Pan. Add this all to the fact that the queue is not exciting or themed at all. Sometimes I can't believe how long the wait for Peter Pan is (especially because it is an omnimover attraction) whereas I can believe why the wait for Toy Story Mania is so long.

90 mins for toy story mania doesnt seem so bad to me. we were their this past x-mas and saw it up 3 HOURS and mission space wait for 4 hours. that's nuts to wait that long. as much as i love toy story im not waiting that long. fast pass early:wave:

ScorpionX

I would say it is a tie between Soarin' Over California and Toy Story Midway Mania!, despite the fact that I voted for Soarin' Over California.

hack2112

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. It's insane people will wait over 2 and a half hours for it (though it is really fun).

Once HPatFJ opens, watch out. That attraction will set a new record.

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
Guests get so upset about their 2 hour+ wait times for TSM, but there is really not much we can do. TSM is the most popular attraction of all four parks. Wait times really climb around the time LMA lets out because many fastpass holders cash in their passes, which can make the fastpass line lengthen to the outside door. When it comes down to it, fastpass is the line that must be kept short, which causes such long wait times for standby.
Two guys literally stopped the line at merge to yell at me for their 90 minute wait time at standby--which caused the line to get longer for everyone behind them, both fastpass and standby. So if you see a wait time of 40 minutes or so, hope in line because that's pretty good. But if you see the fastpass line out the door, hold off and come back when you don't see the line. But don't miss out on it! It's popular for a reason!

Wow. That was super productive. I agree. It is a great ride.

I agree with TSM getting first and Soarin' a close second. For families with kids at the Studios there aren't many ride options.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Peter Pan's Flight yet.

My husband and I qonder about the crazy waits, too. We think it's because TSMM is the only really cool family with little kids ride in the Studios.

LowesChevy

TSMM is new and the lines can get crazy, but the worst lines I have seen were from Soarin. There were 120 minutes or more during Memorial Day weekend, 90-120 on Columbus Weekend

Dave Disney

TSMM is probably the longest, but I'd much rather be standing in that Queue which is well themed and fun than standing in Soarin's queue which in my opinion is the worst on property. So boring and barely any theming to make it interesting. The best thing about it are the interactive games but that just makes for a bunch of sweaty people jumping around in close proximity and that gets old fast!

Thrill Seeker

I voted for Soarin' because it use to have the most insane wait times ever! Not so much anymore and actually Test Track has had longer lines than Soarin' as of late...

Peter Pan's Flight wins the ride with the longest wait time that is definitely not worth waiting for...

Ralphlaw

I too am surprised by Peter Pan. Years ago we went in November when my son was little, and we could back & forth between Peter Pan and Small World with no wait whatsoever. I thought this was business as usual, but apparently Peter Pan is strangely more popular than Small World. I wonder if the same number of people want to go on each, but Small World can simply handle more people per hour.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I too am surprised by Peter Pan. Years ago we went in November when my son was little, and we could back & forth between Peter Pan and Small World with no wait whatsoever. I thought this was business as usual, but apparently Peter Pan is strangely more popular than Small World. I wonder if the same number of people want to go on each, but Small World can simply handle more people per hour.
I do not really think that it is a case of popularity more so that Peter Pan's guest per hour is kind of on the low side due to the 2 person ride vehicles.

drossjr

I would say Toy Story, its hard sometimes when I go just to get a fastpass before they run out!

After that I would say Test Track thats another one thats tough to get a fastpass when I go and we hit the parks early and long. We usually dont have a problem getting fast passes for Soarin! :shrug:

CoastalX

Toy Story mania has always had a long wait line each time we walked by it, Soarin would be my second choice, with Test Track following

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom