Ride videos!!!!

bamboo7

Originally posted by bamboo7
i have a friend who logs onto my ftp all the time to get music to listen to, from his work where he uses a mac. i'll see what i can learn from him, and let ya know.

ok, my friend's work computer has OS9 on it. he uses a program called.....transmit (or x-mit). he has also heard that fetch and interarchy are good, but not free.

isnet396

My list of never ending problems

yes. I realize the ftp isn't up. I just got a new router today since my old one started to spontaneously restart itself every few seconds. I'm still getting the bugs worked out of it.

It should be working over the weekend. Anyone familiar with the SMC 2404WBR, feel free to send me a PM or something.

Ian

primusjim

Wow, it took me about four days with school and sleeping and whatnot, but I've finally finished reading this entire thread. I figured out the IRC thing and have been downloading away. I want to thank everybody who has contributed to this massive collection, wish I had something interesting to share. I've been reading these forums for several months, but it wasn't until this thread that I felt compelled to reply.
I do have one request. Someone had mentioned having video footage of some of the Bill and Ted Halloween shows from Universal. I'd be interested in anything relating to that show, I've only seen the last two years, but have heard a lot about the earlier shows. Thanks

popkid

first, i must commend primusjim for making it thru this entire thread! that is quite the achievment! also, glad you got IRC down and were able to get at the files...

here's more screen caps of upcoming videos... first up, buzz lightyear's space ranger spin! (check out that score!!! i swear this cap has not been altered in any way!!! you can even download the video as proof!!! wish it was my score, but it was in fact my girlfriend who acheived the highest ranking possible)

Attachments

• buzz.jpg
    buzz.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 175

woofboy111

Originally posted by skipy27
lucky!!
i still have no idea how to do the downloads...
better start reading:brick:

Same with me. I figured out how to get onto the IRCs, but I can't figure out how to download from them.

popkid

here's another cap from a video waiting to be compressed:

this time it's pooh!
for those of you still having trouble with IRC - i'll get cracking on a guide on how to get connected and download files. i know it may seem daunting at first, but trust me - it is easy once you get the swing of it - and we're all working on making the channel as user friendly as possible. and remember, it's not just my video files available there, there are other people sharing their disney media as well - so it's more than worth taking the time to get connected.

Attachments

• pooh.jpg
    pooh.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 147

bamboo7

Originally posted by popkid
here's another cap from a video waiting to be compressed:

this time it's pooh!
for those of you still having trouble with IRC - i'll get cracking on a guide on how to get connected and download files. i know it may seem daunting at first, but trust me - it is easy once you get the swing of it - and we're all working on making the channel as user friendly as possible. and remember, it's not just my video files available there, there are other people sharing their disney media as well - so it's more than worth taking the time to get connected.

and, once i get home from the mini-vacation to NC that i am currently on, i'll finish tweaking the server that has the irc disney trivia bot, so that will always be up there too.:)

rustybox

hi room, i need help with mirc, i can successfully download pictures and audio, but i try to download some video files from popkid but a message keeps coming up:

DCC Send from popkid rejected (file name), file type ignored

please please help

bamboo7

Originally posted by rustybox
hi room, i need help with mirc, i can successfully download pictures and audio, but i try to download some video files from popkid but a message keeps coming up:

please please help

ok......try this.
go to your dcc options (i assume you are using mirc)
then click on 'folders'
make sure that DCC ignore is disabled.
that my only guess as of now.

good luck

bamboo7

please please help

oh, another thing. is this a problem you only have with popkid's file server, or do you also have it with other fileservers. what type of file were you trying to get that failed (extension)?

bamboo7

Originally posted by djmatthews
I have the same problem, cant get videos to download :-( mpg, avi, wmv etc etc... i have tried what you suggested bamboo

ok, i'll check with popkid. maybe it is something on his end. umm, but it is saturday now, so if it is a problem on his end, he probobly won't have an oppertunity to resolve it untill monday. (besides, he is busy now editing new ride videos for us all. :D )

blm07

Hey I got the high quality version of Splash Mountain, and it was nice, the quality was good! Question: did you use something over the camera to keep it from getting wet, and also is it a digital camera?

popkid

please please help

if you're getting this, it's a simple setting that needs to be changed to allow video files to download... go into DCC options and select 'folders'. then make you disable the 'ignore' setting. that should do the trick for ya

please let me know if it works out...

and to answer blm07's questions, i used a miniDV camera stick inside a plastic bag with a whole cut out for the lens to go thru... good thing too, because the bag did get wet...

more vids on the way...

djmatthews

Hey popkid, I had the same problem as rustybox, but now i can download!

Cheers, keep up the good work! A request, do you have the Magical Monments Parade?

Cheers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom