Ride videos!!!!

Main Street USA

I've lately been having trouble even getting connected in MiRC, but I am only looking for one specific file. It's the Muppetvision3D audio. If anyone has this and can post it here for me it would be GREATLY appreciated. I leave for wdw in one week and I need it before then.

In the meantime, I'll keep trying to connect.........

DCA Fan

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I've lately been having trouble even getting connected in MiRC, but I am only looking for one specific file. It's the Muppetvision3D audio. If anyone has this and can post it here for me it would be GREATLY appreciated. I leave for wdw in one week and I need it before then.

In the meantime, I'll keep trying to connect.........
I don't have the show itself, but I have the queue and preshow music. Do you want that?

popkid

here's yet another cap. disneyjedi is sure gonna have his hands full compressing all these....

but lookie here, it's the country bear jamboree:

Attachments

• cbj.jpg
    cbj.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 153

djmatthews

Wow, I can now download using MIRC - YEY, it took a while to get used to it, but now I can work it. I just need a few questions answered:

1. How do you go up a level, eg, i go into one folder, then another, what is the command to go back up a level.
2. What are the peoples names with @ infront of them?
3. Does anybody have any footage of the magical moments parade?

Any help gradly appriciated!

bamboo7

Originally posted by djmatthews
Wow, I can now download using MIRC - YEY, it took a while to get used to it, but now I can work it. I just need a few questions answered:

1. How do you go up a level, eg, i go into one folder, then another, what is the command to go back up a level.
2. What are the peoples names with @ infront of them?
3. Does anybody have any footage of the magical moments parade?

Any help gradly appriciated!

i can help you out with 2 of your questions....

1. to go up a level, simply type "cd .."

2. the people with the @ in front of their name are channel moderators. our channel has 3 moderators, but some moderators have more than one computer connected, so that is why there may be more than 3 people with an @. all moderators do is set the channel topic, and if need be, kick or ban a user.

popkid

cac2889, see if this fixes things for you:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by rustybox
hi room, i need help with mirc, i can successfully download pictures and audio, but i try to download some video files from popkid but a message keeps coming up:

DCC Send from popkid rejected (file name), file type ignored

please please help
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you're getting this, it's a simple setting that needs to be changed to allow video files to download... go into DCC options and select 'folders'. then make sure you disable the 'ignore' setting. that should do the trick for ya

please let me know if it works out...

CrashNet

You already know because I talked to you, but just to show everyone else that this is what you do to get it to work!

Thanks popkid!

skipy27

I AM DOWNLOADING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally, i get the hang of it, thanks for all your help everyone

now all i need is DSL or Roadrunner:brick:

steamboatwillie

Hi there everyone! I'm on a Mac and have absolutely no idea what software to use to download off IRC or how to get setup (or if Macs even are capable of this!) Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CrashNet

Ok i have another problem, and this time it is sending files! :lol:

I used the following command and user: /dcc send noonan

Then I selected the file and the send window popped up. The only thing is, it would never accept and start the upload. Are there any options I need to change to fix this? Thanks!

bamboo7

Originally posted by steamboatwillie
Hi there everyone! I'm on a Mac and have absolutely no idea what software to use to download off IRC or how to get setup (or if Macs even are capable of this!) Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

yea, there are irc applications for macs. kevlightyear knows more about this than i do, but check out fetch. that is a free one that i know of.

isnet396

Originally posted by cornnibblitz
Ian -- did you ever get your server up and running? I don't seem to be able to connect...

:wave:

Bleh. If anyone's fluent with port forwarding on SMC routers (its a lot harder since its less specific with instructions than my old Linksys one), AIM me on my sn: q488824248884q, or send me a PM.

Then it should work.

Ian

kevlightyear

Originally posted by steamboatwillie

Hey steamboatwillie!

Nice to see more Mac users! I am currently on OS X. I do use Fetch, but actually, Fetch is an FTP program, not an IRC program. Since, popkid disabled the public ftp site, Fetch wouldn't be much use to you. Although, if you do need an ftp, Fetch is the one to use, in my opinion. For IRC, I am currently in a search. Right now, I'm using a program called Snak, that was reccommended to me by someone on these boards (can't remember who). It is a very nice program, simple interface, not too confusing. It is a free download from cnet.com, or download.com (same thing), however, it is a 30 day trial, and after 30 days, it works for only 30 minutes at a time, until you register for $20. It does make it difficult when it comes to large files. Another program I've encountered is Athena IRC, available under the same conditions from the same place. I personally like Snak better. I hope this is some help. Let me know if you need anything else, and also if you find anything better!

bamboo7

Originally posted by kevlightyear
Hey steamboatwillie!

Nice to see more Mac users! I am currently on OS X. I do use Fetch, but actually, Fetch is an FTP program, not an IRC program. Since, popkid disabled the public ftp site, Fetch wouldn't be much use to you. Although, if you do need an ftp, Fetch is the one to use, in my opinion. For IRC, I am currently in a search. Right now, I'm using a program called Snak, that was reccommended to me by someone on these boards (can't remember who). It is a very nice program, simple interface, not too confusing. It is a free download from cnet.com, or download.com (same thing), however, it is a 30 day trial, and after 30 days, it works for only 30 minutes at a time, until you register for $20. It does make it difficult when it comes to large files. Another program I've encountered is Athena IRC, available under the same conditions from the same place. I personally like Snak better. I hope this is some help. Let me know if you need anything else, and also if you find anything better!

argh! how many times now have i made the mistake about fetch being an irc app for macs. :hammer:

i'll get it right some day.

djmatthews

On popkids MIRC "Is wdw travel channel special.mpg 441 mb" the same as the "wdw_tc_special_wishiwere001.wmv", 002 etc but in one file? Just need to know before a lengthy download :) amd what is travel_channel_wdw_behind_scenes_(bcx).avi??

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by djmatthews
On popkids MIRC "Is wdw travel channel special.mpg 441 mb" the same as the "wdw_tc_special_wishiwere001.wmv", 002 etc but in one file? Just need to know before a lengthy download :) amd what is travel_channel_wdw_behind_scenes_(bcx).avi??

travel_channel_wdw_behind_scenes_(bcx).avi 257 mb is the exact same show.. the difference is that I encoded it as DIVX to save some bandwidth on the download. It's from a different source than the other versions on there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom