Ride videos!!!!

meanmice

Re: NEW NEW NEW

Originally posted by RU42

It is being loaded right now to D-C and should be compelted by 7:00pm PST on January 27th, 2004.
PST. I swear I'm not an idiot, but first it took me a second to figure out what this was and then another min to figure out what time that is here on the east coast. sorry

xfkirsten

Originally posted by DCA Fan
Couple requests:
Does anyone have the music from Cinderella's Surprise Celebration? (A little bit of me....)
Also, anyone have the Suite of Dreams in mp3?

Thanks in advance.

I have Cinderella's Surprise Celebration... wouold be happy to contribute it to #Disney-Central if someone will let me know how! :)

-Kirsten

RU42

meanmice - LOL - The upload is complete and I edited my post. :)

xfKristen - what is the size of the file? Are you familiar with Newsgroups (alt.binaries.multimedia.disney)?

Popkid or Jedi can respond with the public ftp info; I am not sure if it is currently enabled.

RU

xfkirsten

Originally posted by RU42
xfKristen - what is the size of the file? Are you familiar with Newsgroups (alt.binaries.multimedia.disney)?

The full show is about 18 mb. I have it both as one large piece, and also in segments, whichever is preferrable. Also, I have the different tag for when there's no meet and greet, that's about 1 mb.

I am very familiar with abmd, unfortunately I don't have access to it here. My evil ISP (SBC) doesn't have access to that particular group, even though it has access to other binaries groups. :( And with no job at the moment I can't afford to get a paid account through another server. :(

-Kirsten

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by xfkirsten
The full show is about 18 mb. I have it both as one large piece, and also in segments, whichever is preferrable. Also, I have the different tag for when there's no meet and greet, that's about 1 mb.

I am very familiar with abmd, unfortunately I don't have access to it here. My evil ISP (SBC) doesn't have access to that particular group, even though it has access to other binaries groups. :( And with no job at the moment I can't afford to get a paid account through another server. :(

-Kirsten

Kirsten, I'll see if the public FTP access is working for Popkid and I will IM you the details if it is.

As far as newsgroup access I think Teranews is great! There's a one time charge of $3.99 for setup, but then you are good to go. You get 50MB download per day which is good for a few MP3s. More importantly (for us) you will be able to upload with the Teranews account to a.b.m.d. :)

xfkirsten

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
Kirsten, I'll see if the public FTP access is working for Popkid and I will IM you the details if it is.

As far as newsgroup access I think Teranews is great! There's a one time charge of $3.99 for setup, but then you are good to go. You get 50MB download per day which is good for a few MP3s. More importantly (for us) you will be able to upload with the Teranews account to a.b.m.d. :)

I'll definitely have to look into Teranews! Thanks! :) Any idea on how long the messages are retained in the server there?

-Kirsten

DisneyJedi

I'll definitely have to look into Teranews! Thanks! :) Any idea on how long the messages are retained in the server there?

-Kirsten

In my experience.. at least a week.. sometimes more. :) My ISP loses stuff in 24 hours, so I use Tera to help collect files I may have missed from my ISP's newsserver. Good stuff.Only problem is Tera counts downloading headers as part of the 50MB per day download.

xfkirsten

Ah, so the movies that come through with hundreds of parts would take up a lot. :animwink: But theoretically if there was something I wanted that wouldn't fit under my daily limit, I could download up to the 50 mb, and come back and finish the rest the next day?

-Kirsten

DisneyJedi

Ah, so the movies that come through with hundreds of parts would take up a lot. :animwink: But theoretically if there was something I wanted that wouldn't fit under my daily limit, I could download up to the 50 mb, and come back and finish the rest the next day?

-Kirsten

Yup. I do that quite a bit. I've taken all 7 days to help me get a 350MB video before with no problem. It works out best for me when I am able to get most of what I need from my ISP and then pick up the broken pieces (which are usually complete) on Teranews. Since the a.b.m.d group isn't super busy, files tend to stick around a good while which gives amble opportunity to get all you need. On some occassions I will not be able to get any complete files or I miss a post I wanted on my ISP's newserver. That is when Teranews comes in as my savior.

EDIT: This reminds me.. RU.. would it be possible for your posting to break up your big videos in smaller pieces (RAR files) at around 15MB? This allows the Teranews folks to at least get 45MB per day (leaving 5MB for header-loading overhead), so on your bigger files (>50MB) it will give a chance for people with limited daily download to retrieve your entire file over the course of several days. Just a thought..

RU42

I Have been breaking them down to 48 in size, but I guess I should leave a little more room.

I was wondering something - why do you suggest 3-15M files instead of just 1-45M file. One reason why I have been going larger is less 'queue' space needed on #D-C (I try not to increase work.)

RU

meanmice

Is anyone else having a difficulty resolving the server? It just doesn't seem to want to connect for me. It's not like this is my first time. After the crash, did something change and I just didn't know about it?

RU42

an IRC server or the #D-C server?

If the former - change to a different server (use a link in Jedi's, Pop's, or Bamboo's sig.)

If the later, there should't be a problem. What are you doing and what is the result?

The triggers did change; try !audio or !video

RU

RU42

General Announcement

Just got in from a day at Disneyland. I spent 7 hours shooting footage in nothing but Adventureland and New Orleans Square.

I have 4 tracks of Tiki Room, 3 of Jungle Cruise, 2 of Tarzan, 4 of Pirates, and 3 of Haunted Mansion. I also capture the Disney Gallery exhibit of Haunted Mansion. I also spent time taking general footage of both AL and NOS.

I also happened to record the Parade of Stars and Disney's Electrical Parade.

Wow, I have some massive editing in my future.

Has anyone viewed the Tiki Room or XMas Bears Master (multiangle) vids I put together? Any feedback would be useful.

RU

DisneyJedi

RU! Sorry about the confusion with the breaking up RARs. I thought you were posting like 100+MB files in one fell swoop, but that was someone else in the newsgroup. I agree that less work=easier.

I love your CBJ multi-angle production. I need to grab the Tiki one and check it out. I was gonna go through my Disneyland footage from October and make some rid vids, but the multi-angle stuff is way cooler, so I will patiently wait for yours. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
auto download help

Hi! Finally found this forum! Im a relativley newbie on mIRC (6 weeks) and would appreciate a bit of help. Is it possible to set up mIRC to accept downloads automatically instead of having to manually accept them? Ive tried selecting `Auto get file` under options>DCC>options but I get an anti camp alert. I then tried to select Trusted auto get file with `popkidWDW` as the trusted sender but this just requeues my request. Please help as my girlfriend is going mad at me sat at the pc!! Many thanks,

Marni71.
Martin, UK.

barnum42

Re: auto download help

Originally posted by marni1971
Hi! Finally found this forum! Im a relativley newbie on mIRC (6 weeks) and would appreciate a bit of help. Is it possible to set up mIRC to accept downloads automatically instead of having to manually accept them? Ive tried selecting `Auto get file` under options>DCC>options but I get an anti camp alert. I then tried to select Trusted auto get file with `popkidWDW` as the trusted sender but this just requeues my request. Please help as my girlfriend is going mad at me sat at the pc!! Many thanks,

Marni71.
Martin, UK.

I'm new to mIRC and sympathise, it's a bit of a pain to work it all out. I'm not at my PC to double check my settings, but I'll hazzard a guess that you have not set it to automatically accept certain tyes of files.

There is a tab that says something along the lines of "automatically accept files with the following extensions". You will need to make sure all the movie and audio file extensions are in there - eg .mp3, .mov, .avi, .mpg etc. It may be an idea to include zip formats as well - .zip and .rar

If these are not in the list it will wait for you to OK their download.

Hope this helps

RU42

Re: auto download help

Originally posted by marni1971

Marni71.
Martin, UK.

Welcome. And to answer your question, follow this link:
http://www.wdwresorttv.com/irc.htm

RU

DCA Fan

Requests:
- DLP Halloween Parade 2003 Music
- DLP Christmas Parade 2003
Thanks in advance!

If anyone has requests for Disneyland files, I have quite a bunch and would be happy to share.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom