Ride Ruiners

I find that stepping on feet and or 'accidentally' swinging my camera bag with ball head and carbon fiber tripod in the direction of said offender eases my frustration with middle asile seat announcement ignorers. :D

That is exactly what I do. I "accidentally" step on their feet. It's amazing how clumsy I can be stepping on 4 different peoples feet as I squeeze by:animwink:

CaptainJackNO

I'm currently at the EMH (which does not feel like it) and just got out of HM. In the stretching room, some guy decided to do a word for word impression of the Ghost Host, much to the frustration of the guests. If it was your first time and probably only time riding this, wouldn't you get ticked as well if doneone were to ruin the experience?

Oh man, that would have been annoying. Clearly, someone needed attention. That is obnoxious. If I were a HM Cast Member, I think I would have gone over to the guy and demanded that the ghosts would only materialize if he were to remain "dead" silent

DABIGCHEEZ

I find that stepping on feet and or 'accidentally' swinging my camera bag with ball head and carbon fiber tripod in the direction of said offender eases my frustration with middle asile seat announcement ignorers. :D

I do the same... while saying something, not too loud, but loud enough for said offender to hear me.

CaptainJackNO

The irony of this, of course, is that you can't blame this on the annoying "average guests" or Brazilian tour groups. The people responsible for this are the "fans" who ride the attractions a lot.
LOL!!! It's someone among us! LOL. Attack of the annoying fanboy

Disneydreamer23

ugh this reminds me of my first time on HM i am a big baby i was 18 and the person next to me screamed so loud into my ear and then touched me i literally peed a little i was so scared

pluto77

My worst experience on an attraction is when my brother, my niece, and I somehow got stuck riding in a middle of a family on Splash Mountain who were splashing back and forh throughout the whole ride. Its like we weren't even there. If it were to happen now, I think I would say something, but back then I really didn't like confrontation.

Another time I was riding the Carousel of Progress and this lady actually answered her phone during the show. Seriously lady? Its one thing if your phone goes off, but to actually answer it is just plain rude and self centered.

NEmickeyfan

Kids who constantly have to jump around and grab at the 3-D stuff. Quit trying to get the jewels Ariel throws, you're never going to and you're hitting me in the back of the head!

I agree with most of the comments, but I have to say I am extremely amused by the kids that try to grab the 3D objects. Now, if they actually would hit someone trying to do that, well... that's another matter.

Flash pics on the dark rides are very annoying.

mergatroid

I've got to admit the guy that vomitted upon himself and others on the R&RC didn't enhance the ride for anyone a few years back :hurl:. I wondered what the excessive yelling was about from behind and realised when we were in the final tunnel and could hear the complaining from the victims. The cast members were great about it and took the three or so people to one side to help them clean up afterwards. It's the only time in my life I've witnessed a mid ride throwing up incident and it wasn't pleasant :eek:

Communicore

Original Poster
So today, I was at HM again, and no narrators at the stretching room. However when the buggies approached the Leota it stopped and the people 2 buggies ahead kept on snapping pictures and one even stood up, at least it was not in motion. Then another person started chanting the spells!

And then the ride stopped again in the attic and the same person from earlier got up so he can shoot flash pictures of the bride!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I was on Spaceship Earth and someone was taking flash. Whe whole way up, 2 pictures for each scene. He ruined the space scene. I should have been the better person and said the picture comes out better without flash, then it would be a win win situation.

Rowdy

Some of you people claiming people who use their cell phones are selfish, are being just as selfish.

I personally use my cellphone sometimes to text, and maybe even answer a call. I have friends and family over the world, including a girlfriend who's a full time college student. If that's my one phone call from my brother who's over seas, or a grandmother who's constantly in and out of the hospital or a text from my girlfriend who finally has a minute between classes, you're damn right I'm going to text back, or answer. Granted, if I answered a call I'd be incredibly courteous and move outside asap, but still.

Don't be so quick to pass judgement.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Some of you people claiming people who use their cell phones are selfish, are being just as selfish.

I personally use my cellphone sometimes to text, and maybe even answer a call. I have friends and family over the world, including a girlfriend who's a full time college student. If that's my one phone call from my brother who's over seas, or a grandmother who's constantly in and out of the hospital or a text from my girlfriend who finally has a minute between classes, you're damn right I'm going to text back, or answer. Granted, if I answered a call I'd be incredibly courteous and move outside asap, but still.

Technology has moved a lot faster than the rules of courtesy revolving around such use.

Before cell phones it used to be considered rude to take a phone call during a meal...you see it ALL the time now.

Cell phones now have taken precedence over EVERYTHING in a lot of peoples lives to the exclusion of all manners regarding interpersonal relationships and common courtesy.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Technology has moved a lot faster than the rules of courtesy revolving around such use.

Before cell phones it used to be considered rude to take a phone call during a meal...you see it ALL the time now.

Cell phones now have taken precedence over EVERYTHING in a lot of peoples lives to the exclusion of all manners regarding interpersonal relationships and common courtesy.

But Facebook and Twitter is important, we need that to stay alive. You see if one doesnt tweet or write a status on time they go into serious cyber shock and it can be fatal. Thats why people tweet and post everything they do thruout their day. Its more important then you think.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
But Facebook and Twitter is important, we need that to stay alive. You see if one doesnt tweet or write a status on time they go into serious cyber shock and it can be fatal. Thats why people tweet and post everything they do thruout their day. Its more important then you think.

That sounds like a line from Idiocracy...."Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator: It's got what plants crave! It's got electrolytes"

spock

That sounds like a line from Idiocracy...."Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator: It's got what plants crave! It's got electrolytes"

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I remember thinking it looked funny, and it seems to have a bit of a cult following. This is the second time in as many days that I've heard/read someone make reference to it. I may have to check it out! :lol:

hajenga

Fun Read

Going in a few days:sohappy:. I agree with the person who says some people leave their brains home on vacation. Here's hoping I would have been smart enough to turn the flash off before going on a dark ride, now I know I will be. I love the idea of taking a bright flashlight and flashing it in the eyes of those using flash (more than once - could be a mistake) to take pictures. Only if in doing so I don't ruin the ride for others.

I'm sure if people try to pass my husband in line to "catch up with their family" he will make some smart *$$ remark. He's the king of smart *$$ remarks:king:.

I do recommend everyone watch Idiocracy. It is a very educational :rolleyes:and a scary account of our future.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
My god wait till you read my report to see how I really really wanted to just ruin peoples faces while on rides or in attractions for their ignorance.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

The only time it is okay to answer a text or phone call during a ride is in the case of an extreme emergency.

"I haven't talked to my girlfriend for 3 hours" is not an emergency phone call. That text or call can wait until you make it outside, or off the ride. There is no reason you need to negatively impact other peoples enjoyment because you want to answer a text or a phone call. It is insanely rude. I run a business, and my phone is basically constantly ringing, or binging with texts and e-mails. I have yet to be so rude as to answer any of these texts or calls while in an attraction. I realize I am part of a group effort to make the attraction as enjoyable as possible, and I am not willing to ruin it for myself or anyone else. Unfortunately, it seems many people are not on the same page as me.

We have a very basic problem in this country. Common courtesy is going out the window. People live in such a "me, me, me" bubble that they can not begin to think of how their actions are impacting others. It is quite sad.

Korfar

The only time it is okay to answer a text or phone call during a ride is in the case of an extreme emergency.

"I haven't talked to my girlfriend for 3 hours" is not an emergency phone call. That text or call can wait until you make it outside, or off the ride. There is no reason you need to negatively impact other peoples enjoyment because you want to answer a text or a phone call. It is insanely rude. I run a business, and my phone is basically constantly ringing, or binging with texts and e-mails. I have yet to be so rude as to answer any of these texts or calls while in an attraction. I realize I am part of a group effort to make the attraction as enjoyable as possible, and I am not willing to ruin it for myself or anyone else. Unfortunately, it seems many people are not on the same page as me.

We have a very basic problem in this country. Common courtesy is going out the window. People live in such a "me, me, me" bubble that they can not begin to think of how their actions are impacting others. It is quite sad.

Your last paragraph is dead on. The flash pictures were getting out of hand this last trip. I didn't notice so much on past trips but this time it was bad. The narration thing doesn't bother me or the grabbing at the 3D movies. Too bad there isn't anything Disney can really do about the flash pictures. They can tell people all they want not to but there are always those that don't listen or care. It's a shame. I also can't stand the cell phone thing. It is the rudest practice in America right now. In Disney or not. I would prefer pre-cell phone life but thats not going to happen.

BrittanyRose428

The cell phone thing is what annoys me the most, I can't imagine looking at my cell phone on a ride because I would actually be enjoying the ride too much to care whats going on with my phone. If there is an emergency thats one thing, but when I see someone with a phone out on a ride they're usually just texting or tweeting.

I take the cell phone thing semi-personally because I have to deal with it all too often at work, (I'm a cashier at Staples). I hate when I'm trying to help a customer with something, for example by giving them information about a rewards card which would basically give them free money, but they're on their phone. Its rude that I'm going out of my way to try to help someone, when they answer their phone in the middle of me talking, OR when they get in line already on the phone and just continue their conversation while I ring them out. After dealing with this so often it drives me absolutely crazy when someone feels the need to pull out a phone in WDW and distract other guests. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom