Ride Ruiners

spock

Not for me. As a matter of fact, them yelling at the person might keep me from getting removed from the park for going off on the flash user at the end of the ride. So I say, yell at them all you want! :)

Have you ever actually been removed from the park for going off on a flash user?

CP_alum08

I have experienced many people disrupting many rides over the years and just have one question; why do the CMs never do anything about it? Heck, why doesn't management step in?

OK, maybe not never, but 99% of the time they just let it fly. Why?

I would be all for stopping the ride EVERY TIME some one used flash on HM or Pirates and a CM walking up to them and telling them directly to stop. Then make those people get off and the people around them get to ride again. Would it make lines longer? Absolutely. But at this point with all the rudeness, I wouldn't care.

I understand the people who say that the people doing the disrupting should take others into consideration and that they are not the only ones who paid to get into the parks. But couldn't they argue the same thing? Couldn't they argue that they have paid too and want to enjoy the rides how they want to? I don't agree with it, just playing devil's advocate for fun!

spock

I would be all for stopping the ride EVERY TIME some one used flash on HM or Pirates and a CM walking up to them and telling them directly to stop. Then make those people get off and the people around them get to ride again. Would it make lines longer? Absolutely. But at this point with all the rudeness, I wouldn't care.

I think that would ruin the ride experience infinitely more than the occasional camera flash or people talking, don't you?

I have experienced many people disrupting many rides over the years and just have one question; why do the CMs never do anything about it? Heck, why doesn't management step in?

OK, maybe not never, but 99% of the time they just let it fly. Why?

I understand the people who say that the people doing the disrupting should take others into consideration and that they are not the only ones who paid to get into the parks. But couldn't they argue the same thing? Couldn't they argue that they have paid too and want to enjoy the rides how they want to? I don't agree with it, just playing devil's advocate for fun!

It's Disney's Golden Rule to not cause ill feelings on the part of a guest. But that goes both ways. I don't want to pay $5k for a vacation to WDW only to have some moron doing something stupid near me every 5 minutes. I know that may sound petty, and without proper context it is hard to explain it to those that truly have no idea what we are talking about. Once or twice here and there with these pet peeves are one thing, but my God, there is always some idiot taking flash pictures in a dark ride, someone purposely ramming you with their ECV/stroller, 3 or 4 kids at a time cutting line, etc... This crap adds up and over the period of a week it tends to stress some people out a little. I truly love to hear the people that say "Why do you let it get to you?" with that stupid look on their faces that just says "I'm trying to **** you off." These same people get just as mad as the rest of us. I personally know too many like that. They all get just as ticked off when the same stuff happens to them and if they say they don't then they're either lying or they are on Prozac. I see far too much of the "ME" mentality around here where I live, I don't want to pay $5K+ to see it on vacation.

spock

It's Disney's Golden Rule to not cause ill feelings on the part of a guest. But that goes both ways. I don't want to pay $5k for a vacation to WDW only to have some moron doing something stupid near me every 5 minutes. I know that may sound petty, and without proper context it is hard to explain it to those that truly have no idea what we are talking about. Once or twice here and there with these pet peeves are one thing, but my God, there is always some idiot taking flash pictures in a dark ride, someone purposely ramming you with their ECV/stroller, 3 or 4 kids at a time cutting line, etc... This crap adds up and over the period of a week it tends to stress some people out a little. I truly love to hear the people that say "Why do you let it get to you?" with that stupid look on their faces that just says "I'm trying to **** you off." These same people get just as mad as the rest of us. I personally know too many like that. They all get just as ticked off when the same stuff happens to them and if they say they don't then they're either lying or they are on Prozac. I see far too much of the "ME" mentality around here where I live, I don't want to pay $5K+ to see it on vacation.

By the same token, who wants to pay $5k on a vacation and spend any of that time getting irritated by little things that are going to happen anyway? It's part of what goes with the territory of being in a popular tourist attraction.

spock

someone purposely ramming you with their ECV/stroller

"purposely"?? How do you know? I have to wonder what kind of behavior a person is exhbiting that would prompt someone to do this to them on purpose. Could it be provoked in some way? Just curious as you've already expressed some attitudes and behaviors that could be deemed violent or provoking. Nothing personal, because I don't know you. But your posts seems to indicate this.

I do this to them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0

then it freaks them out and they behave.

YES YES YES. Let me say I LOVE Jenna Marbles. I need to do this more often...

I had a feeling this was going to be that link...

Also, I had a HORRIBLE experience yesterday at POTC:

The family behind my fiance had two kids running, screaming, and pushing the WHOLE queue and I was about to snap! I was on the verge of telling the parents, who were just standing there talking to each other and paying no attention to their children, to learn how to parent!

Then as we FINALLY got on the ride, we went into row six, where we were meant to be sitting alone. A very large woman and her two kids decided to squeeze in there when she was obviously supposed to wait for the last boat. Her added weight made the boat noticeably lean to the back left. We almost began to take on water! Her son also decided to stand up and when he was scared, drop to the floor and hide under my legs. I could have kicked him...

And while on that ride, the lovely people in front of us took flash pictures of EVERYTHING. I was so mad that they didn't get the "PLEASE NO FLASH PHOTOS" spiel. Ugh. We literally stormed out of the park and complained the whole way home. (Of course, not before getting a pineapple float to calm the nerves. :slurp: )

"purposely"?? How do you know? I have to wonder what kind of behavior a person is exhbiting that would prompt someone to do this to them on purpose. Could it be provoked in some way? Just curious as you've already expressed some attitudes and behaviors that could be deemed violent or provoking. Nothing personal, because I don't know you. But your posts seems to indicate this.

Okay. Put it away. Good God. I have family that ride these things. I am talking about the people that fly out of stores and run right into people without regard to who has the right of way and you know it. So don't try to start something.

OH! Also had a lovely experience yesterday when training at Kilimanjaro.

I was at the handicap gate and a woman on a scooter came. I asked how many were in her party and she said 18. I was like, uhhh.... and asked my trainer. She said earlier that the most allowed on a handicap truck was 8 per group as to keep the line moving. Because they had a "family reunion," they wouldn't split up, so my trainer called her supervisor who told her that they will have a 30 minute wait at the least until we can accommodate that size party. They were all grumpy and rude in the first place, my trainer told them that they would have to wait a long time because of the amount of people in line so they went to their loading area and we had to let smaller groups pass them. They were not happy.

So long story short: people in large groups need to be willing to split. I'm sure that all 18 of them couldn't fit on MAoWtP in one "hunny" pot. Also, no need to be rude if a CM asks you to do something. Just my 2 cents. :wave:

By the same token, who wants to pay $5k on a vacation and spend any of that time getting irritated by little things that are going to happen anyway? It's part of what goes with the territory of being in a popular tourist attraction.

And that kind of complacency attitude right there is what allows it "to happen anyway". Try doing something about it and maybe it will catch on that people aren't going to stand for it. These morons do this crap because of people like you that just sit back and take it with a smile on your face.

spock

Okay. Put it away. Good God. I have family that ride these things. I am talking about the people that fly out of stores and run right into people without regard to who has the right of way and you know it. So don't try to start something.

I think learning not to make assumptions about people's intentions might be a good first step in controlling the anger management. Just a suggestion. :wave:

I can't recall who it was who said this, but I heard a great quote once that stuck with me: "If you don't like something, try and get it changed. If you cannot get it changed, then change the way you look at it." Brilliant!

In other words, I get the concept of being frustrated at times with how some people behave in public. And if it's the occasional outrageous thing, then I can understand getting upset about it. But if it is something that happens "all the time" as you've repeatedly stated, then maybe you should try changing how you look at it. Either that, or maybe WDW just isn't the place for you if you are going to let it get to you to the point of potential violence toward someone.

Just food for thought. :wave:

spock

And that kind of complacency attitude right there is what allows it "to happen anyway". Try doing something about it and maybe it will catch on that people aren't going to stand for it. These morons do this crap because of people like you that just sit back and take it with a smile on your face.

If I'm not letting it get to me, then I think in the end, I'm the winner. Besides, isn't that kind of what a trip to Disney is supposed to be about anyway... having "a smile on your face"? Don't worry. Be happy. It's not a big deal man. Calm down. :animwink:

If I'm not letting it get to me, then I think in the end, I'm the winner. Besides, isn't that kind of what a trip to Disney is supposed to be about anyway... having "a smile on your face"? Don't worry. Be happy. It's not a big deal man. Calm down. :animwink:

Actually, thank you for proving my point. :sohappy: I'm not even upset in the least so no calming is needed. ;) But you just showed that there are people out there that will tell you to (in so many words...) to "Smile and be happy" when something like this happens to them. LMAO :ROFLOL: I don't have an anger management problem. At all. But I tell you what, you continue to be walked on in life and I'll choose to stand up for myself. ;) I'm not talking about beating the brakes off of someone in Disney because they cut in line, but I'll be ****** if I am going to sit there with some stupid smile on my face as they walk past me. I'm going to say something. Am I going to reach out and grab them? Not unless they reach for me and then I'll do something very unDisney like but try to not jump to conclusions yourself. I'm not on some deathmatch slapping spree at Disney. :rolleyes: But you go ahead and stand there with that goofy looking Jack Handy smile and let them disrespect you and everyone around you. These inconsiderate people do these things because of the "Time out" generation people like you. They know you won't say anything to them and as long as no attention is being called to what they do they don't see a problem with it. :rolleyes:

wdwmomof3

I was at the handicap gate and a woman on a scooter came. I asked how many were in her party and she said 18. I was like, uhhh.... and asked my trainer. She said earlier that the most allowed on a handicap truck was 8 per group as to keep the line moving. Because they had a "family reunion," they wouldn't split up, so my trainer called her supervisor who told her that they will have a 30 minute wait at the least until we can accommodate that size party. They were all grumpy and rude in the first place, my trainer told them that they would have to wait a long time because of the amount of people in line so they went to their loading area and we had to let smaller groups pass them. They were not happy.

So long story short: people in large groups need to be willing to split. I'm sure that all 18 of them couldn't fit on MAoWtP in one "hunny" pot. Also, no need to be rude if a CM asks you to do something. Just my 2 cents. :wave:

That sounds like they were taking advantage of the GAC. I think it's great that Disney offers that, but it is not supposed to be abused. I agree that they should have split up.

UberPlannerMom

Just wondering how split up split up means... are we talking you 8 on this one and you 10 on the next or you 8 on this one and you 10 will eventually get to ride an hour from now? If it's the first then it seems silly that they weren't ok with dealing with it. If it's the 2nd then I can maybe see why they wanted to stick together. My grandmother is handicapped and lives in Florida. When the whole clan gets together to see her she will occassionally take us all to a park. Now, she isn't taking us because she is dieing to experience rides with the 30 year olds, but she wants to enjoy her great grandchildren's reactions to things. My point being she would want to be in the truck with the kids, which is fine- unless she then had to watch the kids for an hour while waiting for us parents to have our ride. The thought of the trouble that would cause makes me cringe! Haha! Obviously though, the family should never have had an attitude about it.

My 2 cents on what really ruins a ride has to be the judgemental meanies of the world. My son is 5 so guess what- there is a bit of additional narration required from me during HoP and AA. I generally whisper to him with my nose actually touching his hair (and he to me in the same fashion) to try not to disturb anyone but there is always someone who dislikes that we have to lean to whisper or that we turned our heads. And guess what- at 5 he thinks that he is the first person to ever notice that someone is being dropped into the well on PotC or all the bees on Splash so you are going to hear him say, with delight, "oh look mom... isn't that awesome?" And I think he has every right to be excited. He isn't standing up. He isn't screaming. He isn't jumping. I just don't see how a little child enjoying a ride ruins it for anyone else. He's under control, he just isn't a paralyzed mute.

TheBeatles

However I think its fun at night when you get the people who ride ToT over and over and at the end of the library sequence when rod serling says "this elevator travels directly to ... The Twilight Zone" Nearly everyone says - The Twilight Zone.

Funniest line I've ever heard from a Guest happened in this room. Rod Sterling says "this elevator travels directly to.." and someone yelled out "the gift shop!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom