Retro Music Loop at Imagination

Captain Hank

Original Poster
I was visiting Epcot on Thursday with some friends, and we made our way over to the Imagination pavilion to watch Captain EO. Beforehand, we visited the restrooms at the far end of the pavilion, and it sounded like the original Imagination music loop was playing in there. At the time I visited, "Makin' Memories" from the Magic Journeys pre-show was playing in a very 80s synthesized style. Just to be clear, the exterior BGM was still the "normal" current Imagination music.

SirNim

Was the Imagination restroom loop ever changed? I thought it continued to remain one of the few retro bgm holdovers in FW along with the Land exterior loop. In any event it is a great loop and certainly deserves wider coverage than its currently limited confines!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting. I don`t know if it was ever changed. Back in the day it was even nick-named the Imag Bathroom Loop.

Horizonstta

I'd thought I'd heard the current Imag BGM in there at some point, but I don't go in there too often.

The old 16:40 loop is what's playing now, which I also heard last fall when determining the interior loops for the queue and ImageWorks. I've documented several loops that change from time to time (why, I have no clue), so perhaps this is another one that does.

raven

That loop has been playing for years in that area. Most guests don't realize their are bathrooms back there.

EpcotServo

Interesting...I love that bathroom, as well as that Music Loop, but I don't recall it still being played in there...I always remember it being silent since 2000.

And I used that bathroom alot whilst waiting for Soarin' Sneek Previews...
:lol:

tirian

That's my regular stop in FW, and the loop was never changed. Now you know where I prefer to do my business. :)

Future Guy

I last visited those restrooms in early January, in the middle of that record cold snap we had in FL. They either don't have a heating system or it just wasn't turned on, because it was ICE COLD in there. I found it bitterly ironic that, in the year 2010, I was freezing my hindquarters off in a restroom at a place called Future World.

NewfieFan

I last visited those restrooms in early January, in the middle of that record cold snap we had in FL. They either don't have a heating system or it just wasn't turned on, because it was ICE COLD in there. I found it bitterly ironic that, in the year 2010, I was freezing my hindquarters off in a restroom at a place called Future World.

It's how they save money! It's so cold you won't let your behind touch the seat, thereby the cleaning staff don't have to clean that washroom as often! It's a trade secret! :lookaroun

ryno1982

Those are my favorite bathrooms. There's never anyone in there, and it's like Disney forgot they were there too. Not only has the loop never changed, but the color scheme is still the blues and purples of yesteryear.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
where exactly are these hidden retro bathrooms?
As you face the glass entrance doors to the ride queue, turn right and walk along the front of the pavilion, towards what looks like the offstage wall / cast access. You`ll see the building turns back on itself just before the wall and the restrooms are there.

Also note in the floor the overflow queue switchback holes all along this now empty area. Back in the day they were used regularly...

And it so happens I have a bit more help (surprise surprise); head for this wooden fence, then turn to the left and you`ll see the restrooms bottom right in the second pic:

Attachments

• wIMG_2012.jpg
    wIMG_2012.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 78
  • wIMG_2013.jpg
    wIMG_2013.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 313

fireworkz

Those bathrooms ROCK!
Last visit, i did'nt want to leave. Ice cold, nobody around, and awesome music to listen to.

the color scheme is still the blues and purples of yesteryear.

where exactly are these hidden retro bathrooms?

Also note in the floor the overflow queue switchback holes all along this now empty area. Back in the day they were used regularly...

So they are The Hidden Retro coloured and bgm, ice cold, overflow queue washrooms of Imagination! Damn this needs an acronym and quick!

raven

Those are my favorite bathrooms. There's never anyone in there, and it's like Disney forgot they were there too. Not only has the loop never changed, but the color scheme is still the blues and purples of yesteryear.

Just blue. :animwink:

raven

Your also forget the other greatest Bathrooms that has that great epcoty 80's charm.....Odyssey's bathrooms inside.

Other Epcot restooms that have that charm:

-Outside of the park, halfway to the bus area
-Outside of the ticket booth area near the kennel.
-UK restrooms
-Morocco restrooms
-Norway restrooms

You won't find the old powdered soap dispensers in these but there are a few backstage that stll have them on the wall. :wave:
-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom