News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TalkingHead

Disney, like any company, has rules about what people can say about them, or on behalf of them, on social media.

The tweet was simply not the best decision. Worth getting fired over? No, but he may have gotten a note about it from the Mouse.
Especially when he didn’t have the usual “opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer” disclaimer. Amateur hour at WDI. Sadly, not surprising.

TTA94

No offense to anyone but I vote for the second Harmonious thread with positive info and updates. no complaining or bashing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Regarding the.... tweet. At least anyone in the company who weren’t aware of the backlash will be now.

The balls in their court now for what it’s worth.

“Too big to fail....” thinking tho.

What’s the best possible outcome at this point? Rol style where you push forward with bounded hands to address the fundamentals and then have the whole thing scrapped after a few years.

I just don’t know what sacred cow that could possibly left that this could threaten that would lead to real change. Unless this thing is some sort of death trap it seems like forward is their only option

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
“Too big to fail....” thinking tho.

What’s the best possible outcome at this point? Rol style where you push forward with bounded hands to address the fundamentals and then have the whole thing scrapped after a few years.

I just don’t know what sacred cow that could possibly left that this could threaten that would lead to real change. Unless this thing is some sort of death trap it seems like forward is their only option
I don’t expect anything to happen. Of course the right thing would be to hold their hands up, say they made a mistake, and start to address the issue of being out in the daytime. Any potential issue with actual content remains to be seen but starting to show some humble pie would work wonders for a company that over the last few years has had a small but growing disenchantment with its fan base.

But that’s so 1997.

trainplane3

What’s particularly fascinating to me is how the Imagineer who tweeted that had a purely financial background before suddenly becoming a “Creative Producer,” according to LinkedIn
I wasn't going to say it, but that really got my attention.

I don’t expect anything to happen. Of course the right thing would be to hold their hands up, say they made a mistake, and start to address the issue of being out in the daytime. Any potential issue with actual content remains to be seen but starting to show some humble pie would work wonders for a company that over the last few years has had a small but growing disenchantment with its fan base.

But that’s so 1997.
Imagine listening to your own fan base.

They should know what social media can do. Iger disappeared off Twitter for like a week after the whole EE situation (who knows if he actually runs that account). Various people in the Star Wars side of things left social media due to making harmless jokes directed to their fan base. Just having the mindset to gloat to your fans is staggering.

IMDREW

If it were up to me now Id say keep the tacos and cancel the stargate. I can live with the tacos, but that rings is just.. sigh. Ofc idk what that ring serves in the full scope of the show.

TTA94

But that’s so 1997.

Is it even possible they figure out a way to move these in and out? Maybe not in the short term.

GimpYancIent

Ok! The barges resemble some new galactic planet killing machine out of Star Wars. It does not appear an attempt is going to be made to blend them in to the EPCOT scenery. Is the show going to start with Darth Vader's Imperial March music blaring?

WDW1974

Disney, like any company, has rules about what people can say about them, or on behalf of them, on social media.

The tweet was simply not the best decision. Worth getting fired over? No, but he may have gotten a note about it from the Mouse.

Twitter has done immense damage to the fabric of our society. Anyone who has lived through the last half dozen years can see it.

The so-called DIS Tweeter is the type of trainwreck that you can't take your eyes off of. Seriously, it has given me untold laughs over the past year when cooped up inside ...

Disney likes to think it has control of the message all the time. This individual is a great example of the fact they do not. But they won't fire him. There's barely anyone left.

I do find it amusing that people think Disney cares what anyone thinks of this horribly executed project. Unless it's a matter of wokeness that people are bringing up on Twitter, opinions are completely meaningless. No one cares what you think. ... Unless you somehow were offended by something in a film made in the 1960s or an attraction built in the 1970s, then ... if you raise enough of an uproar, then they care.

Maybe the Bobs will cancel Walt?

JAMMYD778

While I'd like to see them moved out from the marina daily like the ROE infrastructure was, I just can't see it happening even if the higher up's did approve it. From looking at the photos of the barges in more detail, several of the water supply pipes navigate between the three unique barges that make up the central ring barge and I can't see them bringing out each of the three barges and then bolting those pipes together on the daily, let alone the issue of wear and tear that constant connecting and disconnecting would cause. It truly is a shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom