News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

trainplane3

Twitter has done immense damage to the fabric of our society. Anyone who has lived through the last half dozen years can see it.

The so-called DIS Tweeter is the type of trainwreck that you can't take your eyes off of. Seriously, it has given me untold laughs over the past year when cooped up inside ...

Disney likes to think it has control of the message all the time. This individual is a great example of the fact they do not. But they won't fire him. There's barely anyone left.

I do find it amusing that people think Disney cares what anyone thinks of this horribly executed project. Unless it's a matter of wokeness that people are bringing up on Twitter, opinions are completely meaningless. No one cares what you think. ... Unless you somehow were offended by something in a film made in the 1960s or an attraction built in the 1970s, then ... if you raise enough of an uproar, then they care.

Maybe the Bobs will cancel Walt?
That side of Twitter is truly a trainwreck. I've avoided most interaction with it up until the Epcot poster releases and even that's been extremely minimal.

I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would taunt a fanbase. If I made some brash comment on what I do, who I work for, and a large upcoming thing, I'd be gone. I don't think anyone's goal is to get someone fired over a single tweet but that mindset is so disappointing and lines up perfectly with the company.

Finance manager for nearly a decade turned creative producer. Just...how...

Communicora

Premium Member
This attitude embodies what is wrong at WDI.
No empathy or ability to look beyond what is in front of them.

It is scary to think this individual could be in charge of the creative process for EPCOT’s last remaining classic attraction...
Does anyone have a screenshot? The account is locked now.

Disney Analyst

While I'd like to see them moved out from the marina daily like the ROE infrastructure was, I just can't see it happening even if the higher up's did approve it. From looking at the photos of the barges in more detail, several of the water supply pipes navigate between the three unique barges that make up the central ring barge and I can't see them bringing out each of the three barges and then bolting those pipes together on the daily, let alone the issue of wear and tear that constant connecting and disconnecting would cause. It truly is a shame.

I was going to point that out also. Hooking those up to the pads each day is not feasible.

Notes from Neverland

My current question since I'm trying to ignore how bad the barges look: Will Harmonious have any "wow" moments in the show? Currently, the lights, fountains, screens and fireworks don't seem to be raising the bar or trying anything too innovative. Epcot Forever's kites, as problematic as they were, definitely got a unique response from the crowd. Will Harmonious have an element that is a "wow" moment?

TTA94

My current question since I'm trying to ignore how bad the barges look: Will Harmonious have any "wow" moments in the show? Currently, the lights, fountains, screens and fireworks don't seem to be raising the bar or trying anything too innovative. Epcot Forever's kites, as problematic as they were, definitely got a unique response from the crowd. Will Harmonious have an element that is a "wow" moment?

Yeah I’m wondering the same thing. Also been wondering if there will be any fire effects but I haven’t noticed any flame throwers on the barges. Unless I’m not looking hard enough lol.

What about the old drone rumor? Lol

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
My impression of the show is that the wow element is going to be the vast amount of moving light fixtures. I think it will resemble a Trans Siberian Orchestra show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was going to point that out also. Hooking those up to the pads each day is not feasible.
Hooking up to the pads is feasible.

RoE used to anchor 12 barges and physically link them all.

Its not technically impossible to split the icon barge. Nor to widen the canal bend. Nor build a wider bridge. They just have to want to.

Last edited:

misfitdoll

I think this is the case with anything, anywhere... Any system will have an issue eventually, and need replacement.

I guess I just have better faith in the nighttime spectacle teams at Epcot then some on here, which is fine. I fully expect the arms to likely fail at some point, just like a show on Broadway gets cancelled for the evening due to automation issues.
Broadway shows do not get cancelled due to automation issues. They do 8 shows a week no matter what.

Thelazer

Hooking up to the pads is feasible.

RoE used to anchor 12 barges and physically link them all.

Its not technically impossible to split the icon barge. Nor to widen the canal bend. Nor build a wider bridge. They just have to want to.

It's just cables and quick disconnects, it was designed to originally be done each day.
Just more cost effective to leave it in one place.

misfitdoll

Definitely not true.

It’s rare but there have been occasions where shows have been cancelled due to automation failing.

Not Broadway, but Wicked London:

Sure, very rare things happen occasionally. But the norm is about twenty theatres performing 8 shows a week, 365 days a year no matter what. Unless you’re in a pandemic. If a Broadway show has an issue you can bet they’ll fix it, and quickly. It’s a well oiled machine.

The problem with Disney, as a comparison, is that things break and they either never fix them, or simply remove the element. Or they take eleventy billion years and committees to fix something and they finally fix it but use it as an excuse to also make it Pixar themed.

Disney Parks used to be Broadway quality—today the new parks mentality is Disney Store quality.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

I’m not defending it. It’s just all of this Epcot transformation hate is tiring.

It is about the past too. You very much are stuck on this Epcot ideal that doesn’t exist and hasn’t since maybe the 90s.

But hey be my guest and continue to be negative with every post. I certainly don’t like to live like that.
If they didn’t have negativity in their post, there would be a 95% decrease in wdwmagic forum posts 😄

TTA94

My impression of the show is that the wow element is going to be the vast amount of moving light fixtures. I think it will resemble a Trans Siberian Orchestra show.

I think there was meant to be humor in that lol. But on a serious note that would be awesome! Love TSO :). I’ve been wanting Disney to do a nighttime show with that amount of lighting and lasers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom