• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

techgeek

Not only is the tweet in question deleted, so is much of that accounts recent activity. Yesterday his bio referenced his position at imagineering and his role as producer on Epcot & SSE. Recent tweets were not only regarding Epcot and elements of the redesign, but also veered into political territory. This morning, save his SSE banner photo almost every TWDC reference has apparently been removed from his Twitter history.

WDW1974

When our Spirit @WDW1974 returns you know **** hit the fan! Welcome back 🙂

Not back. Just doing a drive by from Regions Beyond ... nothing I can add. No point. The fan community has sorta gone the direction of your 'wonderful and loving' Grandma Bev who is now wearing a Q shirt, has multiple guns and is planning for the end of days. There is no sanity, just blind faith and devotion to a brand in cult-like fashion (sorta like what is going on in Orlando at another event this weekend). Once, not long after joining this community, I got into an argument with now superstar blogger Tom 'Chicken Legs' Bricker about Disney being Walmarted and how that could never happen without doing likewise to the broader American society. I know, I know ... shouldn't argue with people who think reviewing food booth samples, shared amongst five bloggers, is a career.

The past five years have certainly proved me correct, sadly, more than I ever could have believed.

Unlike America today, this is the Disney that most fans are completely happy with. Cause nothing says Disney more than everything from The Mandalorian to Family Guy, from Nat Geo to the Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman, from Rey to the latest woke heroine Raya and her dragon.

There's a great big world out there beyond the berm. My advice: when the pandemic is over (this doesn't count in Florida as the pandemic ended there whenever Governor Mini Trump said so), go explore it. There are even some great theme parks.

trainplane3

Here’s the tweet for everyone asking. No I don’t think anybody should be fired but it’s definitely not a professional thing to say.
Not only is the tweet in question deleted, so is much of that accounts recent activity. Yesterday his bio referenced his position at imagineering and his role as producer on Epcot & SSE. Recent tweets were not only regarding Epcot and elements of the redesign, but also veered into political territory. This morning, save his SSE banner photo almost every TWDC reference has apparently been removed from his Twitter history.
Yikes. It's times like this that I almost wish I didn't notice these kind of details.

Animaniac93-98

A surprising lack of maturity on display here! All I’ll say is, someone losing their job over a bad decision and bad attitude in response to customers isn’t cancel culture. That’s getting fired because they suck at their job.

Disney, like any company, has rules about what people can say about them, or on behalf of them, on social media.

The tweet was simply not the best decision. Worth getting fired over? No, but he may have gotten a note about it from the Mouse.

the.dreamfinder

Disney, like any company, has rules about what people can say about them, or on behalf of them, on social media.

The tweet was simply not the best decision. Worth getting fired over? No, but he may have gotten a note about it from the Mouse.
The mouse only fires you for social media posts after multiple warnings and a gentle talking to from Pedro Pascal!

flynnibus

Premium Member

Sounds like someone got called to the principal’s office...

TalkingHead

Especially when he didn’t have the usual “opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer” disclaimer. Amateur hour at WDI. Sadly, not surprising.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Regarding the.... tweet. At least anyone in the company who weren’t aware of the backlash will be now.

The balls in their court now for what it’s worth.

“Too big to fail....” thinking tho.

What’s the best possible outcome at this point? Rol style where you push forward with bounded hands to address the fundamentals and then have the whole thing scrapped after a few years.

I just don’t know what sacred cow that could possibly left that this could threaten that would lead to real change. Unless this thing is some sort of death trap it seems like forward is their only option

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
“Too big to fail....” thinking tho.

What’s the best possible outcome at this point? Rol style where you push forward with bounded hands to address the fundamentals and then have the whole thing scrapped after a few years.

I just don’t know what sacred cow that could possibly left that this could threaten that would lead to real change. Unless this thing is some sort of death trap it seems like forward is their only option
I don’t expect anything to happen. Of course the right thing would be to hold their hands up, say they made a mistake, and start to address the issue of being out in the daytime. Any potential issue with actual content remains to be seen but starting to show some humble pie would work wonders for a company that over the last few years has had a small but growing disenchantment with its fan base.

But that’s so 1997.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom