Ratatouille in Epcot

tirian

Ok.
I wasn't gonna put this out there, but what the hell...

Two pieces of concept art. One for the Rat ride, the other for an as yet un-built country.
Which one does Epcot need more?
Which one better fits with the mission and purpose of Epcot?

How you answer that will determine whether or not you "get" Epcot.

I also have a feeling opinions may be skewed a bit by age....

(Enjoy the photo. Good chance I'll get told to pull it.)

View attachment 53414

View attachment 53415
Brazil. I want Brazil. Fix Imagination and put the trackless tech there. World Showcase needs another country, not a ride based on a cartoon (although Rat looks like an incredible attraction).

Lee

Adventurer
You'll have to talk to @Lee . Maybe he has a picture of a model of the Brazil Pavillion.
No model photos.
I have a little more art, but I should probably not put it out there right now.
I remember seeing concept art for a Venezuela pavilion for World Showcase that also had some kind of gondola lift type of ride as well. Sounds like the Brazil idea would have been similar.
8420.P2WS_2D00_3.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg
Yeah, kinda.

Sam Magic

Ok.
I wasn't gonna put this out there, but what the hell...

Two pieces of concept art. One for the Rat ride, the other for an as yet un-built country.
Which one does Epcot need more?
Which one better fits with the mission and purpose of Epcot?

How you answer that will determine whether or not you "get" Epcot.

I also have a feeling opinions may be skewed a bit by age....

(Enjoy the photo. Good chance I'll get told to pull it.)

View attachment 53414

View attachment 53415
My reaction:
tumblr_li6mh3cMJi1qeplj6o1_400.gif

Were (possibly) getting Rio! I know where I'm spending my vacations...at the
4x17GulityPleasures-Copacabana.jpg

Sam Magic

The "parade" is something that would only happen in the Brazil area.
The statue....maybe, maybe not.

These days? When people think cloned toon rides are a good idea for Epcot? Probably slim.
The statue is like the Eiffel Tower to France, or Sydney Opera house for Australia. It's essential, it does not matter if people find it 'offensive'. If they find that offensive then I can't wait for the Rio Olympics!

the.dreamfinder

@Captain Neo some things,
1)WDI pitches so many proposals to management and that means showmanship gets thrown away because it is too time consuming.
2)The firings of folks like Tim Delaney and other masters should tell you WDI does not value good artists or nurturing future masters.
3) To your point, good work is still done, and a lot of it will only be seen in coffee table books. However, the fact that Burbank and TDO didn't say ask for more polished concept art for FLE should tell you they don't care like they used to.
4) That Avatar art was done by one of Jim Cameron's production designers, not WDI.

Sam Magic

From what I understand it was a placeholder for a Japan attraction back when WS was placed by the T&T center. Not sure if it was developed further. Someone may know more.
The plan was to create High Speed Bullet train ride inside Mt. Fuji towards the back of the Japanese pavilion. It was on the table for a really long time too. So much so that they made a model back in the 80's:
epcot-mountains_web.jpg

In the ride you would have sped through Japanese landscape. That picture also contains basically what was WS Phase 2, it has the Italy ride and Swiss pavilion. @Lee is the Italy expansion still on the table? Or Mt. Fuji?

longsaber

Yes I will enjoy my macaroni and cheese and Ratatouille ride. True French culture AT ITS FINEST. I seens it on the T.V. so I knows its good.

France is far to different for my taste, a little too "controversial" with all that smoking and eating snails. I hate these pavilions that attempt to showcase culture; I get a little scared and it reminds me of school, which I didn't like cause I'm smarter than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom