• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Ratatouille in Epcot

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Advertisement
The "parade" is something that would only happen in the Brazil area.
The statue....maybe, maybe not.

These days? When people think cloned toon rides are a good idea for Epcot? Probably slim.
I'd definitely take a new country over toon rides.

CDavid

Ok.
I wasn't gonna put this out there, but what the hell...

Two pieces of concept art. One for the Rat ride, the other for an as yet un-built country.
Which one does Epcot need more?
Which one better fits with the mission and purpose of Epcot?

How you answer that will determine whether or not you "get" Epcot.

I also have a feeling opinions may be skewed a bit by age....

(Enjoy the photo. Good chance I'll get told to pull it.)

View attachment 53414

View attachment 53415

Brazil. No question about it.

And the statue is an absolute must.

doctornick

Ok.

Two pieces of concept art. One for the Rat ride, the other for an as yet un-built country.

View attachment 53414

View attachment 53415
Does this Brazil pavilion have a ride included? If not, I'll take the Rat.

WS needs rides. Especially the west side. Do I think Rataouille is the ideal option? Absolutely not -- I'd rather have a Mt Fuji ride in Japan or a Three Musketeers ride in France or a Driuid/Stonehenge ride in UK, etc.. IOW, I would totally agree with the consensus that there should be rides in WS that are based on cultural heritage and not IP synergy -- more Maelstrom (which I love!) and River del Tiempo and less Grand Fiesta Tour.

But what WS really needs, much more than new places to eat and shop, is rides and other attractions. And not just simple movies or street entertainment (though those are good things to also have, in addition to the rides and higher quality shows (like the American Adventure)). So, yes, as much as I don't love how Remy and company fit into the WS, I'd gladly take it to enhance the Epcot experience over more countries. I find it somewhat odd that people seems willing to give TDO a pass in regards to WS because they view it as having a nice theme or consistency, while railing against them for how they treat FW. The stagnation and lack of attractions in WS is reprehensible; at least they've tried to update FW over the years (we can slam the results, but at least there was effort).

Communicore

So while I like the idea of EPCOT getting love, I really wish they would focus on fixing the eyesores they have rather than adding buildings and plugging in movie characters.

I have no doubt that if they put in a Pixar based ride in the French Pavillion that it would be successful. But it's another nail in the cartoonified coffin of a once intelligent and fantastic park.
I'm all for the cartoonization. Once Character Spot was established that's the final straw. That's what people like, and that's what will bring in the profits so why not?

aladdin2007

Brazil PLEASE. I'd rather explore a new country done in the old EPCOT Center style than a toon based attraction.
Agree, though WS needs a new ride..... But I can't see the statue making it into the pavilion as much as I would like it. Question is are there sponsors involved?
wow their concept art skills have become more and more toonish.

Last edited:

StarBurst

and for the record i'd love to see brazil in WS..im all for culture...

id also like to see more attractions at any of the parks like we all would

dont matter to me where they go:)

CDavid

I would take both. Spend the big bucks!
Why can't they do both?
Because one is perfectly true to the purpose, theme, and vision for Epcot and World Showcase, and the other...well, isn't any of those things.

These days? When people think cloned toon rides are a good idea for Epcot? Probably slim.
If toons had never been inappropriately placed in The Living Seas or Mexico, then maybe people today wouldn't have the mistaken impression that character-based attractions are appropriate for Epcot. The very worst thing that could be done is to exacerbate the problem with the wrong placement for what is probably a very good attraction - for the Studios.

PhotoDave219

I'm all for the cartoonization. Once Character Spot was established that's the final straw. That's what people like, and that's what will bring in the profits so why not?
Can we keep it more in Future World?

Seriously.... with the 6-9 months out of the year that is the drunkfests at Epcot, the last thing we need is attracting more children and exposing them to that environment.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Ok.

View attachment 53414

View attachment 53415
That's a joke, yes? Is either of these a real possibility? And if it's one or the other, how can those making the decision possibly need more than 5 seconds to realize which one fits Epcot better? Put the Rat clone in Pixar place along with a new restaurant, which DHS needs.

tl77

My parent's first took me, my brother, sister, and grandmother to WDW in the early 1980's, and while we could do "most" of the things at MK together, we could do "everything" in EPCOT. At the time both parks were an equal draw for us, and we probably preferred EPCOT a little more than MK. Today 30 years later, my parents are now the grandparents, and we a planning a trip for the whole family this fall, and Epcot is the one park we will probably skip, for the simple reason that there isn't enough to do there for us as a family.

I don't know that the Ratatouille ride is the best addition to the park, but we're probably not the only family that feels Epcot is skip-able, and given how many hotels and DVCs they have in WDW, how all the advertising, meal plans, and ticket deals are geared towards "families" ...having a park that no longer appeals to families is probably a big problem, and I prefer they found a way to fix that problem that doesn't involve any more movie stars or cartoon characters

CDavid

It does. An old school one.
Once before when new World Showcase countries were rumored, it was mentioned it might mean the new addition taking the place of an existing country. Is that a danger here, or is this possibly a true addition?

(With the realization we're probably asking questions prematurely...)

aladdin2007

Once before when new World Showcase countries were rumored, it was mentioned it might mean the new addition taking the place of an existing country. Is that a danger here, or is this possibly a true addition?

(With the realization we're probably asking questions prematurely...)
I think a new addition, it would cost more to take one out and replace it....Lee whats the percentage estimate of either the pavilion or rat happening at all. Im feeling 80% rat, 20% pavilion.

Top Bottom