Ratatouille in Epcot

Magenta Panther

It's representative of Norway's history and folklore. Perfect.

New rides: Good.
Wrong ride in the wrong place: Not so good.

I don't think the fan community is desperate enough (though close) to automatically endorse just any new attraction in Epcot.

Can't believe he said that about Maelstrom. "Maelstrom" itself is a Nordic word for heaven's sake.

It's representative of Norway's history and folklore. Perfect.

New rides: Good.
Wrong ride in the wrong place: Not so good.

I don't think the fan community is desperate enough (though close) to automatically endorse just any new attraction in Epcot.

This gets all my yes.

Lee

Adventurer
Once before when new World Showcase countries were rumored, it was mentioned it might mean the new addition taking the place of an existing country. Is that a danger here, or is this possibly a true addition?

(With the realization we're probably asking questions prematurely...)
Very premature. Or maybe too late. That art is at least four years old.
Details please:)
Think...
image.jpg

doctornick

I've heard rumbles of a few projects potentially being green lit for Epcot and DHS to start construction as soon as FY2015. The idea behind the France Pavilion receiving the attraction is to build upon the world showcase and it's offerings, F&B sales, and crowd distribution in the AM and early afternoon.

Epcot in General is your food and beverage capital, it's primary duty to the suits is to produce net profits through ridiculous margins on said F&B. So one idea is to get families into the World Showcase at rope drop via new attraction(s), new breakfast offerings, and earlier entertainment.

Long term though it seems that it's very possible we see Epcot get some much needed TLC. Soarin 2.0, Ratatouille, an update to Illuminations, and a Future World cosmetic update may come to make an effort to rebrand the long neglected cash cow that is Epcot. AKA Harry Potter has got them worried...

Also FWIW, I'm merely sharing what I've overheard in a impromptu conversation. I'm not trying to create waves here as I'm known for being on the Universal side of things but rather spark conversation. For those who may of read my material elsewhere they will tell you I'm not always right but I could care less if I am or not. I'm more interested in getting the creative juices flowing and having fun.

First, I'd like to thank HTF for at least starting a new and interesting conversation. Love the idea or hate it, this has been a far more interesting thread than most of the stuff on here since (sadly) there has been little of substance to actually discuss.

Second, I know @Lee has already commented on this thread, so I ask him and other insiders: Have you heard anything about this rumor? Does it have legs as a real possibility or is this more in the realm of just "being discussed" and is far from being greenlit or being seriously considered?

I've got to say that the logic that HTF brings up above makes sense to me. Bringing more people to that corner of the park earlier in the day/longer could easily be seen by TDO as a way to generate more revenue, as well as hopefully increase attendance in general with a new offering.

lazyboy97o

Awesome post.

Although one could argue that all WS pavilions are ultimately American narratives about the countries they represent. WS France is a popular American 'story' about France, not a French story. WS showcases American popular culture, not French-German-Mexican.
You're definitely right and it is something that has always been in my mind when discussing this issue. I think though that an interpretation is different than just a setting. This is why I am still a little unsettled by characters who can clearly be described as being of a country's culture also being included in the respective pavilion. It is an additional layer of American interpretation that I think dances that line possibly a bit too much.

BrianLo

Looks like the DVC backside of SDMT with a Jesus statue instead of a coaster. Neither are really the greatest concept art in the world, the actual area being built in WDSP is actually pretty nice.

Flesh out the current countries before building more. It's like the 5th gate mentality, that will only make the other "parks" or in this case countries worse by comparison as they are left to rot. So in this case Rat gets a pass for me.

If I were really being choosy, I'd pick the Fuji Coaster, Rhine River Cruise, Canada log flume ride and Rat before getting another country.

Next Big Thing

Can we keep it more in Future World?

Seriously.... with the 6-9 months out of the year that is the drunkfests at Epcot, the last thing we need is attracting more children and exposing them to that environment.
You act as if kids don't tour WS with their parents while on vacation. You and I both know that isn't true.

It's not a strip club, it's adults drinking overpriced alcohol. If the environment is a little out of control sometimes, then that's what it is. I don't think all those kids minded when they ere waiting 5 hours for Anna and Elsa.

Lee

Adventurer
I hate to say this but that Brazillian pavilion looks terrible. The forced perspective is terribly done and the whole area looks to have bare-bones theming. Also the art looks very amateur.
It's just concept art. And today's concept are, at that.
The days of Ryman-esque art seem to be behind us.
So Peter Pans Flight over Brazil??? :)
Bigger scale.

Cesar R M

Please bring the new country...but are those people playing soccer in the concept art? Seems odd. Are these hired CMs forced to continually fake play soccer?

Concept art quality just ain't what it used to be is it?
they could be just statues of the best players in the world. (Ie, Pele, Maradona, Messi, Cristiano..etc..)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom