Rarest Characters To Find

Cmdr_Crimson

I swear you have the best pics going way back when and makes me wonder why I took so long to first visit WDW...

Most of these pics I found digging deep through the belly of the web..With the exception of the KH sora, Elliot pics which are mine..I'm just a big fan of characters and sure enough if you type right thing on google..You'd be surprised what can pop up on this wild and wacky web of ours..

216bruce

Rarest one we ever saw was in '95 (I think) and we have an autograph in my daughter's (now 27) autograph book- Davey Crockett. He was in Frontierland. No one recognized him, bothered him or asked. Wish I'd have taken a picture. Also had Emperor Kuzco in AK a few years later.

Cmdr_Crimson

More I found...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Jim Henson's Dinosaurs..
tumblr_lqkhx0jOoY1qla11zo1_1280.jpg

Another Ninja Turtle Shot
tumblr_lx9gb7Owcs1qlc8dbo1_500.jpg

Kermit & Miss Piggy
2897000984_99ba3895bf_z.jpg

Mole,Princess Kida & Milo Thatch from Atlantis: The Lost Empire
tumblr_lfp2opyy031qg77cko1_500.jpg

Mittens, Rhino & Bolt
3221145251_7c6407a346_z.jpg

Figments Friend

I must agree that you do hear more about some Disney films than others. Philotetes is a pretty cool looking character too! Here is a picture of him at Disneyland Paris.
http://www.charactercentral.net/C385_DisneyCharacters_RecentStars_Philoctetes.aspx#
-
Sweet photo...thank you for that!
The Hercules Victory Parade that used to run daily at DHS was great fun...and the animatronic version of the character done by Garner Holt was awesome. Check it out on YouTube sometime...

Figments Friend

Character costumes were made at the time of the movie's release, in another thread I posted this picture:

53480314295486350_9kxLov4T_c.jpg

On the DVD image gallery there's more too, but I can't confirm if they were used in the park. Gurgi was alegedly.

I really need to scan the photo i have of Gurgi.
I cannot confirm he was actually used in the Parks, but he DID appear at press events that were held for the release of the movie, i believe in CA only.

I had no idea Taren and the Princess were availible. That is awesome ! ( great photo, by the way! )

Figments Friend

What about Bernard and Miss Bianca? I'd love to see them. I know they've made appearances before when The Rescuers was new, but I doubt it will ever happen again. :(

When the sequel *The Rescuers Down Under* was released in 1990, there were updated versions of both of these characters that appeared in the Parks. There was also a Jake, ( the outback kangeroo mouse ) and a CM friend i know who collects character photos claims to have seen a photo of Frank ( the obnoxious lizard ). Not sure about Wilbur the albatross, but there was a Orville made for the orignal 1977 films release. I have seen several old photos of those 77 originals.

Figments Friend

Once a character reaches a certain age, well stuff happens. At that point, the character may receive a facelift - each of the five resorts may choose to pay for that or not. In the case of the Rescuers, Tokyo paid, FL did not. The alternative is for the character to make sparse appearances, like say Darkwing.
-
Ah..thanks for that insight. This explains why Bernard and Bianca shown in Paris look like re-furred 1977 originals.
I could have sworn in 1990 they made completely new versions...with the newer, smaller heads and less obvious ...er....ventilation holes..

Yert3

When the sequel *The Rescuers Down Under* was released in 1990, there were updated versions of both of these characters that appeared in the Parks. There was also a Jake, ( the outback kangeroo mouse ) and a CM friend i know who collects character photos claims to have seen a photo of Frank ( the obnoxious lizard ). Not sure about Wilbur the albatross, but there was a Orville made for the orignal 1977 films release. I have seen several old photos of those 77 originals.
-
Wow...these look a lot like the 1977 originals, just re-furred.
Hmm...i wonder...( time to go look at old photos....)
I don't know why Disney can't get their own character's colors correct either. Miss Bianca is a white mouse, but in those pics she's gray with a pink hat instead of purple. Bernard was brown in most of the first movie and gray in some scenes, but gray the whole time in down under. Why couldn't they make up their minds?

Figments Friend

I don't know why Disney can't get their own character's colors correct either. Miss Bianca is a white mouse, but in those pics she's gray with a pink hat instead of purple. Bernard was brown in most of the first movie and gray in some scenes, but gray the whole time in down under. Why couldn't they make up their minds?

Agree regarding the color schemes. When you compare the look of the characters between the two films, i can easily see why Bianca was colored more grey then white. Also, as all *friends* of characters know...white fur is so difficult to keep clean. Perhaps Bianca was allowed to remain light grey in a effort to combat upkeep expenses.

Both characters are great...but i agree that a lot of the original *looks* to characters in the 70s left a lot to be desired in the color department. Thus why i love seeing these old photos...it is really a trip to see what was accepted back then!

:)

Figments Friend

I've seen him with Goofy when on the Disney Cruise Line, Recently on the Fantasy they were golfing together on the mini golf so that's a vacation to see him.

Rare characters, Hard for me to tell if i've met any...

I have a friend who adores Max...a gent in his 50s i have known for years.
He loves meeting Max and collects merch associated with him, so for his Birthday one year i painted him a Max t-shirt based on this very photo. He loved it, and ended up wearing it during his next visit to The World. Well would*nt you know, that while watching the day parade that afternoon, Goofy spots his shirt from way atop a float. He gestures and points to the shirt, and my friend aknowledges. Goofy then rocks his arms back and forth, as if holding a baby...saying *That*s my boy!*. It was a awesome interaction for them both.

Probably the rarest character i personally saw was Davy Crocket in December of 1989, who was at that time part of the western themed float in the day parade.

The absolute rarest characters i know exsist but have yet to have found a decent photo of is The Wuzzles. Anyone here remember those colorful critters? The ONLY time i ever saw them was during the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1985, with reports of them being in the Parks around that same time. I have never been able to find a photo of any of them however....anyone here perhaps have one?
Bumblelion and Butterbear were definately there...and i think also Eleroo and Hoppo. I would love to see a pic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom