Rarest Characters To Find

Yert3

Bogo & Lulubelle appear in The Muppets At Walt Disney World Special
Bongo_Lulubelle.jpg

Jose & Panchito do exsist..
5944256113_a4eee9e975_z.jpg
Wow... I'm pretty sure it's safe that say that's the only time Bongo and Lulubelle have ever made an appearance. Shame too, since Fun & Fancy Free is my favorite of the package films. And yes, José Carioca and Panchito are in the Soundsational(sp?) parade, which is what that pic is from, but they've rarely been seen before then.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wow... I'm pretty sure it's safe that say that's the only time Bongo and Lulubelle have ever made an appearance. Shame too, since Fun & Fancy Free is my favorite of the package films. And yes, José Carioca and Panchito are in the Soundsational(sp?) parade, which is what that pic is from, but they've rarely been seen before then.

During the opening of the Gran Fiesta Tour at Epcot they Had all three Cabs doing M&G's then it fizzled down just to Donald which is a shame..This is Jose & Panchito's former versions before their facelifts at Epcot..
3caballeros.jpg

Powerline

Furry characters are the ones who take the biggest losses because it costs more to upkeep them than regular face characters.

The only non face characters that have disappeared off the top of my head are Meg, Esmerelda and Hercules.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Shan-Yu used to be in a castle show, so they would occasionally do M&Gs with him, I think if the show had to be canceled.
Regarding Launchpad, you'll see him if they're training a LOT of tall character performers, and Meg if they need a new friend for her in Fant! Herc, though, hasn't been seen since they stopped filming a certain wrestling program nearby... Or so I've heard.

baloofigment14

Original Poster
I must say that José and Panchito look better in the parade picture. They look like they just hopped out of the movie. That is the great thing about Disney Characters.

asianway

Bongo & Lulubelle did do meets with guests in that time frame. Toad did exist at one point in the 70s, but all three of then probably fall on the impossible list.

Panchito & Jose got a refresh and WDW did get them. They were at last years marathon and out on Halloween. Unofficial Disney character hunting guide has pics of their recent appearances. They are far from impossible

asianway

Furry characters are the ones who take the biggest losses because it costs more to upkeep them than regular face characters.

The only non face characters that have disappeared off the top of my head are Meg, Esmerelda and Hercules.
As mentioned twice so far in the thread, Meg does not only have several performer friends she is in Fantasmic nightly and occasionally appears at Epcot.

Agree on Herc & Esmerelda they would need new friends at this point.

MissM

Some day, I still want a picture with Darkwing Duck. He's exceptionally rare and only shows up as a random pop-up character apparently only when there's a new friend in training.

Tinkerbell 8

Back in 1997 I met a lot of rare characters, when they use to roam the parks. I wish that Disney would have different characters in different parks now, I'm tired of seeing Stitch/Fab 5/Princesses at all the parks, they should have characters at the parks that they are similar to, ex Princesses at MK, more of the animal characters at DAK, retro characters at EPCOT, and popular movie characters (past and current) at DHS. This way you don't end up meeting the same character multiple times and it might make people visit the other parks more if they want to see a different, more rare, character. The only "rare" characters I've seen since the 90's are the 7 dwarfs during the MNSSHP. Here's some pics from 1997, sorry about the quality I had to take pictures of the pictures since my scanner is not set up.

DSCF8444_zps73b09c21.jpg

DSCF8443_zpsd2bb08cf.jpg

DSCF8442_zpsaf6b6365.jpg

DSCF8440_zps059c18fe.jpg

DSCF8439_zpsefd34302.jpg

DSCF8438_zps26da695c.jpg

DSCF8437_zps52108277.jpg

DSCF8436_zpsc0934c93.jpg

DSCF8435_zps5712b92a.jpg

bdearl41

Dont know if they are all that rare, but Baloo and King Louie can be found in between Africa and Asia in the morning at AK. They are my favorite two characters, usually its not crowded either.

asianway

Some day, I still want a picture with Darkwing Duck. He's exceptionally rare and only shows up as a random pop-up character apparently only when there's a new friend in training.
Not anymore-only at special events like a marathon

pixiesteno

I have photos with King Louie and Baloo, Turk at AK in 2005. A distance shot of Goofy and Max, the three little pigs from a parade in 1976, "Brother Bear" bears from AK in 2005. Danced with Rabbit during a m & g in 2010 at AK . I'll have to look through my older photos to rememeber more. I think I have one of Orange Bird from 1972.

bdearl41

I have a picture with Darkwing and Launchpad from back in the day!!! I also wish Roger Rabbit still made appearances, however, the one I miss the most is The guy with the Figment puppet that used to come up at the jumping fountains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom