Rarest Characters To Find

Cmdr_Crimson

When the sequel *The Rescuers Down Under* was released in 1990, there were updated versions of both of these characters that appeared in the Parks. There was also a Jake, ( the outback kangeroo mouse ) and a CM friend i know who collects character photos claims to have seen a photo of Frank ( the obnoxious lizard ). Not sure about Wilbur the albatross, but there was a Orville made for the orignal 1977 films release. I have seen several old photos of those 77 originals.

I just spotted a picture today...
rescuers3.jpg

Soarin' Over Pgh

Omg, MAX and Chief Louie?!?! Gah! Love that!

Thanks for answering my questions about Black Cauldron and Scar, guys. :)

And that Black Cauldron character pic is awesome!

baloofigment14

Original Poster
I've also noticed that the Disney Ice & Live tours also have really Rare characters as well...

Disney on Parade had a Henry & The Sun Bonnetts.
3224514883_98cb4163ac_b.jpg

And on Disney on Ice..

Mama Odie
6809159637_0a77d6cfd1_b.jpg

Charlotte
6808988167_abe0025a44.jpg

Ray the Lightning Bug
6809066693_62d7d1d94a.jpg

Maximus
6658713395_5fdecdf119.jpg

Mother Gothel
6827733723_a227637925_z.jpg

Wow! I never knew they had the Country Bears on parade! Do you know when this was?

emma c

The absolute rarest characters i know exsist but have yet to have found a decent photo of is The Wuzzles. Anyone here remember those colorful critters? The ONLY time i ever saw them was during the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1985, with reports of them being in the Parks around that same time. I have never been able to find a photo of any of them however....anyone here perhaps have one?
Bumblelion and Butterbear were definately there...and i think also Eleroo and Hoppo. I would love to see a pic.[/quote] God i use to love the wuzzles didt relise t hey was disney not see them for years my friend use to have bumblelion toy n i was soooo jealous!

Cmdr_Crimson

I
The absolute rarest characters i know exsist but have yet to have found a decent photo of is The Wuzzles. Anyone here remember those colorful critters? The ONLY time i ever saw them was during the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1985, with reports of them being in the Parks around that same time. I have never been able to find a photo of any of them however....anyone here perhaps have one?
Bumblelion and Butterbear were definately there...and i think also Eleroo and Hoppo. I would love to see a pic.

God i use to love the wuzzles didn't realize they was Disney not see them for years my friend use to have bumblelion toy n i was soooo jealous!

This was the Closest thing I found with a Wuzzle character. It's BumbleLion in a T-Mobile Ad..While he's wearing a jersey to cover up the fact it's a Wuzzle in disguise.;)

And this is just reference that it was BumbleLion to compare it with.
Bumblelion.jpg

Figments Friend

-
YES..! Thank you for that! I do remember seeing that ad earlier this year and absolutely freaked. I knew it was Bumblelion, and was stunned to see him. How on Earth did this advertising firm get a official costume away from Disney..? I know it is considered a defunct character now...but wow...my eyes bugged out of my head when i first saw this ad.

I have a friend who met Bumblion and another Wuzzle at a local department store appearence back when the toy line for these characters was launched in the mid 80s. Apparently Disney had these characters go on a publicity tour to help promote the new characters, tv show, and toys. They held M & Gs at a key location department store to gain some publicity for the new series.
I will have to ask him if he has a photo. I recall him saying something about having one that was taken when he met Bumblelion ( his favorite of the bunch ) at the store appearence.

I know Disney also did a department store tour of sorts with Roger Rabbit in 1989 too..which was way cool for those lucky kids he were able to go !

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney should do a retro weekend bring back all the golden oldies be great to see all the 80's people.

They are and it's a Part of the "Limited Time Magic" Promotion they are having..
Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.

MKCP 1985

I was actually talking to someone about this the other day, and Shan-Yu from Mulan came up. We both agree he is one of the best villains in the Disney catalog...sorta the "Bane" of Disney characters, if you will. Yet he is so under-appreciated.

DHS had a Mulan parade back in the day with a Shan-Yu float, but did the character himself ever make guest appearances? Maybe some year for MNSSHP mix & mingle (?)
Shan-Yu was available for photos in the 2011 Disney Marathon. So was Zorro that year. Fun times! The marathon is THE best place to get photos with rare characters and they change every year.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's not everyday you see Hanna-Barbera characters at a Disney park.

Granted Their shorts were through MGM which is the other reason why they were there. But the article states that this girl met them in 92 which meant they were there for the release of the Ill-fated Tom & Jerry movie that came out that year..Plus you can still see one of the shorts being played in the Sci-Fi Dine in to this very day.

asianway

They are and it's a Part of the "Limited Time Magic" Promotion they are having..
Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
And the characters they teased don't exactly fill me with hope

Yert3

Granted Their shorts were through MGM which is the other reason why they were there. But the article states that this girl met them in 92 which meant they were there for the release of the Ill-fated Tom & Jerry movie that came out that year..Plus you can still see one of the shorts being played in the Sci-Fi Dine in to this very day.
Well duh. It's still a weird sight even with the Knowledge of MGM being a part of the park.

bmarkelon

I used to see Friar Tuck, Robin Hood, and Prince John all the time on Main Street and in various parts of AK in 2006-2007. Haven't seen any of them since then.
So funny! My sister and I saw Friar Tuck in AK back in 2006, we just missed getting in line for autograph and picture. As he was walking away his CM was throwing acorns or something at his head. We will never forget about this moment, we laugh about it but are also so bummed that we missed him!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom