"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

YankeeMouse

Cannot find an answer to my previous post on this one. I drink mostly water and have used my refillable mug with the water feature at the fill fountains. Will there still be a water and ice choice or must I request water and ice at the food courts and use a paper cup they provide? I know this is really getting down to the tiny details but if someone knows, I'm just curious since it applies to my situation.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Cannot find an answer to my previous post on this one. I drink mostly water and have used my refillable mug with the water feature at the fill fountains. Will there still be a water and ice choice or must I request water and ice at the food courts and use a paper cup they provide? I know this is really getting down to the tiny details but if someone knows, I'm just curious since it applies to my situation.
Water is still free.

pax_65

Water is still free.

How about coffee, hot chocolate and iced tea? Am I correct in understanding these items are not regulated by the "Rapid Fill" technology since they are not part of the soft drink machine? I expect these items still need to be purchased (not free like water)...

To keep my calories down I've replaced soda with unsweetened tea and water. I'm tempted to still buy the mug when I'm down, but $18 for unlimited iced tea seems pretty high. I may just buy "Cold Brew" tea bags and help myself to the ice water for them.

MOXOMUMD

The old mugs work with water and ice.

Goofyernmost

Obi Walt Kenobi said:
Hmm.... At that price I might bring my old mug and buy a couple of two liters and rapidly refill the cup myself.
edited for clarity.

And let's stop with the jumping to conclusions and name calling/insults. Save it for "that" thread. ;)
Took it upon myself to add two letters to carry it one step closer to clarity! :happy: Happy to be of help! :)

JR864

Checked in today at Allstar music beginning a weeklong split stay ... 2 nites at asmu.... 2 at pofq.... And 3 at WL. Tried to buy a length of stay mug, but that blew the cashier's mind since I was only staying 2 nites.... Mgr tells me other resorts aren't turned on yet so just buy 2 nighter at 11.99. In case the others turn on while I'm here this week, he assured me that they can upgrade me for the difference....

Also they both volunteered that mugs are good across resorts, yet the small print on the mug says otherwise.

Took my new mug to the first station where it failed.... No one around so had to track mgr down again

On a related note, the soda mix at music is wayyy off! First time flat, second time bitter ( like it was Florida frog water)

Poly mix much better... And they aren't turned on yet.

Joe

FigmentsFangirl

Currently using a Rapid Fill mug at Port Orleans Riverside, and I must admit, it actually is worth it. Refills through 2/9/2013 {Sept 2nd 2013}. I can see how Disney Company wants to eliminate stealing of their drinks from the beverage stations {get the mug as part of your dining plan ? GREAT! Refill it here only please-thanks!}

I just hope they do not put this on the DCL

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Currently using a Rapid Fill mug at Port Orleans Riverside, and I must admit, it actually is worth it. Refills through 2/9/2013 {Sept 2nd 2013}. I can see how Disney Company wants to eliminate stealing of their drinks from the beverage stations {get the mug as part of your dining plan ? GREAT! Refill it here only please-thanks!}

Everyone gets "free" soda on the cruises so there is no need.

cspencer96

That's what he means - hoping they don't change to mugs instead of free soda
I doubt they would. The 'free' and unlimited soda (and food on the pool deck) perk is one of DCLs trademark offerings (like the split bathroom setup) - not that many other cruise lines offer anything like it, and it's something that almost everyone mentions in their reviews of DCL.

tissandtully

I doubt they would. The 'free' and unlimited soda (and food on the pool deck) perk is one of DCLs trademark offerings (like the split bathroom setup) - not that many other cruise lines offer anything like it, and it's something that almost everyone mentions in their reviews of DCL.
Yeah, looking forward to my first DCL cruise in January. I'm gonna gain so much weight. Thank goodness there's a fitness center!

Goofyernmost

That's what he means - hoping they don't change to mugs instead of free soda
Just for historical purposes...in the 90's soft drinks on a cruise ship were not free. Coffee was and Tea was, but not soft drinks. So in a couple of decades that changed to free. Try not to be shocked when it goes back to the way it was.

I suppose the theory was if you are going on a cruise just for the free drinks then perhaps you would be better served with staying at home with a glass of Pepsi, a bathtub and a plastic boat.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just for historical purposes...in the 90's soft drinks on a cruise ship were not free. Coffee was and Tea was, but not soft drinks. So in a couple of decades that changed to free. Try not to be shocked when it goes back to the way it was.

I suppose the theory was if you are going on a cruise just for the free drinks then perhaps you would be better served with staying at home with a glass of Pepsi, a bathtub and a plastic boat.

Dcl started the trend when they started business. Again, Disney was leading instead of following when creating their family focused product

Goofyernmost

Dcl started the trend when they started business. Again, Disney was leading instead of following when creating their family focused product
Yea, I don't think it is a bad idea on a ship that is supposedly all inclusive, in fact it was a point of bitter discussion when I went on the cruise. At the time the cost of coffee was way over the top, bad crop or some other made up reason, yet, coffee was free and my addiction was cola...but that cost me.

Also just between you and me, and whatever number of folks that read this post. I think it could be argued that there is a considerable difference between a couple thousand people on a cruise ship and 10's of thousands of people in a Disney Park.:happy:

Tinkerbella16

Didn't read through the entire thread, but we are staying at POR in November. So they have started the Rapid Refill and have the new colors available? We will be on the DDP so we are getting them with that, but I wanted to have a new color to choose!

rodmansju

without reading through the whole thread, we were there from 8/15-8/25, and the rapid refill mugs were given to us with our reserved spaces at TL and BB. it was funny when the woman @ TL told us we can't microwave or dishwasher clean them as it would kill the RFID chip.

I ran em in the dishwasher before we left-to clean them, not because i am paranoid about RFID.

the only pain-and it only happened once-was it has a refill restriction of 2 minutes on a given cup, but the one mug i was filling the machine only filled the cup like halfway.

liked the green. wished the orange had been available with the regular dining plan mugs though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom