"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

ToTBellHop

I notice they are quietly raising the price for length of stay...again.

I am pleased that they work at any resort and that I will no longer see Dixie Landings mugs at Pop Century.

Have the mugs always been non-microwaveable? Oops.

Finally, I hope this means we'll get a new design finally. I'd be a bit peeved if I have to get the same strange pool picture "Let's pick on Goofy because he's special" motif that I have bought twice since January 2012...

muteki

So what is the regular rate for the old refillable mugs? I have only gotten them included in a dining plan. It was 15 or so right?

So they basically jacked the price up a few dollars?

Soarin' Over Pgh

I'm confused. Over a mug. So what's wrong with the resort refillable mug that it now needs a RFID chip and you have to buy days vs. the current refillable mug that you spend $17 on day one and use it through out your stay?

I'm missing something here.

Mr Bill

- What's the difference between the current Resort Refillable mugs and the Rapid Fill mugs?
The Rapid Fill mugs offer Guests flexibility by allowing them to choose one, two, or three days of refills or for their entire length of stay. The RFID (radio frequency identification) chip installed in the mug alerts Guests as to how many days they have remaining on their mug. The program was tested in 2011 at Disney’s All Star Resorts and is similar to the technology currently used in mugs sold at Disney water parks.

They're offering guests flexibility by making use of the mug less flexible? That's some incredible spin.

nepalostparks

I'm confused. Over a mug. So what's wrong with the resort refillable mug that it now needs a RFID chip and you have to buy days vs. the current refillable mug that you spend $17 on day one and use it through out your stay?

I'm missing something here.

The short answer is that Disney must see abuse of the system as an issue. The refillable mug program, as it stands now, is only for length of stay at the resort you are staying at. But, people bring back their mugs from previous trips, use their own mugs, etc, which apparently is a big of enough issue that Disney is now limiting the ability to use the refill stations to these RFID enabled mugs.

Computer Magic

I notice they are quietly raising the price for length of stay...again.

I am pleased that they work at any resort and that I will no longer see Dixie Landings mugs at Pop Century.

Have the mugs always been non-microwaveable? Oops.

Finally, I hope this means we'll get a new design finally. I'd be a bit peeved if I have to get the same strange pool picture "Let's pick on Goofy because he's special" motif that I have bought twice since January 2012...
First, you have to admit, Dixie Landings was probably the coolest mug ever made. Not to mention how much soda it held.

I think the issued with microwavable is the RFID chip

Glad to see the mug used at any resort. We resort hop a lot so this is great.

Question: Since it included in the Dining Plan, is good for the entire stay ie 8 days?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom