"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

WDWDad13

And by the way all those that poo poo'd on Disney for "wasting" money on the NextGen stuff...the payoff is beginning (for them anyways)

MOXOMUMD

So the cost is $17.99 for a 4-14 day stay but if you plan a longer stay guests can extend the mug beyond the length of stay option. How much more will that cost? $9-$12-$15?

rudyjr13

Here's what's gonna happen. Those people that didn't care to follow the rules prior will now just buy one mug each trip and use it as a transfer device to a different container. I can already envision soccer mom filling her mug over and over and pouring it into her kids paper cups. It's going to be a grey area. Because technically I could fill my one mug and share that with my kids until its empty then go get a refill, so why not just pour each child their own?

Didn't the test in 2011 lock down the ability to do this? I think I remember seeing something about this on here. Like one fill up per hour or something.

Computer Magic

Ok so what about annual passholders? Are we just supposed to buy 30 mugs a year?

I never complain but in this case this is ridiculous and I hope they have a solution for AP's. Otherwise I guess no more "mugs" at all for us anymore.
I was thinking about you when I saw this thread. I hope Disney does something for AP holders. Disney shouldn't price gouge local guests.

MOXOMUMD

If I remember correctly the mugs used for the test at Sports were the same designs but the colors were only purple and orange. I haven't seen these colors since that time. (I didn't buy one. We just were visiting friends at that resort.)

Disneyhead'71

I was thinking about you when I saw this thread. I hope Disney does something for AP holders. Disney shouldn't price gouge local guests.
Not a problem. After MM+ is in full swing there will be no local guests. No one in their right mind would pay $500 for a year of being blocked out of everything but the worst attractions on property. Disney is going to get their wish of not having to deal with FL/GA guests.

dixiegirl

First, you have to admit, Dixie Landings was probably the coolest mug ever made. Not to mention how much soda it held.

I think the issued with microwavable is the RFID chip

Glad to see the mug used at any resort. We resort hop a lot so this is great.

Question: Since it included in the Dining Plan, is good for the entire stay ie 8 days?
I so agree!! I have both the big yellow Dixie Landings mug and the one after with brer fox , brer bear and brer rabbit, yes those mugs, the best!!

DDuckFan130

Passholders receive a discount on the room, they don't need a discount on the mug. You want the mug buy the mug every visit. It was designed as a length of stay feature, not a lifetime event.

Then, we won't buy the mug. Whoop dee do. While I like the mug, I absolutely refuse to buy one every time we go. No big loss for us if we use the stupid paper cups. We receive the discount on the room, yes. But we spend more on those "discounted rooms" in one year than those who visit once a year or once every other year.

There's a reason people are not buying into the AP's anymore.

DDuckFan130

Apparently some people around here don't mind that we get gouged but whatever.

Yes there is abuse of the system. I've seen the old resort mugs and water bottles being used. And no, I'm not one of them. Hard to believe, but we don't do that. But I think some sort of compromise needs to be put in place for AP holders/locals. Again, my point is who the hell would buy 20+ mugs? I have a family of 5, with at least 3-4 of us going 5 times a year. would I do with all those? For that I'll just buy the paper cups.

DDuckFan130

Not a problem. After MM+ is in full swing there will be no local guests. No one in their right mind would pay $500 for a year of being blocked out of everything but the worst attractions on property. Disney is going to get their wish of not having to deal with FL/GA guests.

We have our reservation at Pop reserved for Labor Day Weekend. But sorry Disney. I adore you but I will be spending most of my money on that trip at Universal one of those days.

If it weren't for some of our favorite restaurants being in the parks, the whole AP thing would definitely be up in the air.

Computer Magic

Yes there is abuse of the system. I've seen the old resort mugs and water bottles being used. And no, I'm not one of them. Hard to believe, but we don't do that. But I think some sort of compromise needs to be put in place for AP holders/locals. Again, my point is who the hell would buy 20+ mugs? I have a family of 5, with at least 3-4 of us going 5 times a year. would I do with all those? For that I'll just buy the paper cups.
Sometimes I think Disney throws common sense out the window. Who needs 12 resort mugs?

Soarin' Over Pgh

I've never felt the need to buy one of these mugs for various reasons. I don't drink enough soda to justify it and carrying it around seems like a complete pain. Not to mention that you'd probably want to do a real washing between each use instead of a quick rinse.

I do however think that they're pushing it on price and on the idea that the mug is only from 12:00 A.M.-11:59 P.M., not 24hrs (5-5, 12-12, etc.). Bascially if someone checks in later or whatnot they've been gipped quite a number of hours on that day. I'm thinking that's really where the profits start to add up.

I don't drink soda. At all. Period. But I got the mug for morning coffee (which quickly became morning iced tea, the Nescafé iced coffee machine at the poly was awful) and primarily ended up using this mug during the morning, and very late in the night before and after late night swims.

I used my Brita water filter bottle throughout the day and at the parks.

So by making it a time specific deal, it's no longer a "deal" for me.

tecowdw

How about an option for AP something like this...

Add-on to AP purchase/renewal price - $XXX (insert price here) and you get a mug good everyday until your pass expires.

That seems like a good solution to accommodate AP holders. I think similar to the TIW card. Now Disney would restrict the cup to not work on holidays, of course!

DisneyJoe

Here's what's gonna happen. Those people that didn't care to follow the rules prior will now just buy one mug each trip and use it as a transfer device to a different container. I can already envision soccer mom filling her mug over and over and pouring it into her kids paper cups. It's going to be a grey area. Because technically I could fill my one mug and share that with my kids until its empty then go get a refill, so why not just pour each child their own?

In the prior testing, you couldn't refill one mug again and again quickly, there was a time delay between allowed refills to make this more difficult.

DDuckFan130

How about an option for AP something like this...

Add-on to AP purchase/renewal price - $XXX (insert price here) and you get a mug good everyday until your pass expires.

That seems like a good solution to accommodate AP holders. I think similar to the TIW card. Now Disney would restrict the cup to not work on holidays, of course!

I agree. And I have TiW and yes we're restricted on holidays too haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom