"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

wdwfan22

Ok so what about annual passholders? Are we just supposed to buy 30 mugs a year?

I never complain but in this case this is ridiculous and I hope they have a solution for AP's. Otherwise I guess no more "mugs" at all for us anymore.

Passholders receive a discount on the room, they don't need a discount on the mug. You want the mug buy the mug every visit. It was designed as a length of stay feature, not a lifetime event.

maxairmike

I'm confused. Over a mug. So what's wrong with the resort refillable mug that it now needs a RFID chip and you have to buy days vs. the current refillable mug that you spend $17 on day one and use it through out your stay?

I'm missing something here.

Here's what you're missing: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Soft drinks are ridiculously cheap and major profit centers for any concession.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The short answer is that Disney must see abuse of the system as an issue. The refillable mug program, as it stands now, is only for length of stay at the resort you are staying at. But, people bring back their mugs from previous trips, use their own mugs, etc, which apparently is a big of enough issue that Disney is now limiting the ability to use the refill stations to these RFID enabled mugs.

But wouldn't it be easier to change the mug design every year or every other year?

I'm just failing to see how this is a benefit for the guest. It sounds like its to give you move flexibility but really, it's making it less flexible than ever.

nepalostparks

But wouldn't it be easier to change the mug design every year or every other year?

I'm just failing to see how this is a benefit for the guest. It sounds like its to give you move flexibility but really, it's making it less flexible than ever.

They originally did change the mug design year to year. They just never enforced the rule that has already existed. This will automate that process.

Black Pearl

Step 1: Implant RFID chip into hand
Step 2: control RFID chip to work endlessly
Step 3: drink endless amounts of sugar and fake sugar out of hands ala the pioneers
Step 4: rinse and repeat

maxairmike

Local, AP Holders, and old Dixie Landing ( ;) ) mugs are the issue. That and most of the CMs at the QSRs with the stations can't always see (or don't care to look) who is using the station to try and make sure it isn't being abused by old (different design) mugs, personal cups, etc.

doctornick

I'm confused. Over a mug. So what's wrong with the resort refillable mug that it now needs a RFID chip and you have to buy days vs. the current refillable mug that you spend $17 on day one and use it through out your stay?

I'm missing something here.

What's the difference? Currently, people can buy the mugs and use them forever. This method works out better for Disney by forcing people to buy refillable mugs each stay.

djkidkaz

Here's what's gonna happen. Those people that didn't care to follow the rules prior will now just buy one mug each trip and use it as a transfer device to a different container. I can already envision soccer mom filling her mug over and over and pouring it into her kids paper cups. It's going to be a grey area. Because technically I could fill my one mug and share that with my kids until its empty then go get a refill, so why not just pour each child their own?

TinkerBelle8878

I've never felt the need to buy one of these mugs for various reasons. I don't drink enough soda to justify it and carrying it around seems like a complete pain. Not to mention that you'd probably want to do a real washing between each use instead of a quick rinse.

I do however think that they're pushing it on price and on the idea that the mug is only from 12:00 A.M.-11:59 P.M., not 24hrs (5-5, 12-12, etc.). Bascially if someone checks in later or whatnot they've been cheated quite a number of hours on that day. I'm thinking that's really where the profits start to add up.

LucyK

Ok, dumb question: if the mugs are standard with the Dining Plan will I stay have to buy days or is it already included?

WDWDad13

I also have to wonder if this is to make the refillable mugs more attractive to those staying less at Disney and some days at Uni with the pay per day method now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom