"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

DisneyDebRob

I never had headaches before this next gen stuff. Now I can't read the boards without a Aleve handy. Good thing we are skipping Disney for a year or two because if I were to try and plan a vacation now I might end up in the hospital. This stuff used to be so nice and easy....

ddrongowski

No, sorry. Not crap.

i wouldn't want someone going to jail for stealing food for her starving children, when I would say you jail a bank robber or even a bank CEO that helped cause the economic collapse.

But there is a misconception that people who bring back their 1996 WL or BC mugs are stealing. They are not.
People are starving at Disney World? How in the heck did they afford to get there?

Nemo14

*adds this one,
paranoid.gif
, for a birthday gift*

ddrongowski

I never had headaches before this next gen stuff. Now I can't read the boards without a Aleve handy. Good thing we are skipping Disney for a year or two because if I were to try and plan a vacation now I might end up in the hospital. This stuff used to be so nice and easy....
SHAME!!!!! How dare you like simple and easy! After all unless it bleeding edge and hip, it aint kewl, and thus must be destroyed on twitter, facebook, etc...

KISS principle died a long time ago... Along with the Constitution of the U.S.:oops:

pheneix

Or free breakfast, unless you pay extra for Club/Concierge level. Which means it really isn't free. ;) I noticed that the cheaper hotels/motels had more free services (but lesser toiletries) than the high end ones. At many luxury hotels, you still have to pay for wi-fi. And of course, through the nose for breakfast.

Truth. A Marriott I frequent in AMS actually just abandoned charging for wifi because it was surrounded by so many other businesses who offer it for free.

BTW, speaking of high end hotel service:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/us-money-blog/2013/jun/18/room-service-middle-class?INTCMP=SRCH

I wonder if anyone in Orlando is catching on to this trend?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I love posts like this. Really and truly. Bless your heart.

Spirit, I have the post of the thread. I have debunked this atrociously overblown topic that strikes a nerve with so many. What has happened here is simple. Some passed on the chance to purchase these lifetime refillable mugs, didn't visit while they were for sale, or lost/trashed them. This here nothing more than a case bonafide American jealousy; "I cannot do that so you shan't be allowed to either. NOT FAIR WAH WAH WAH WAH!" 'Tis the season!

pheneix

Exactly. Those syrups are darn near given to them to have Coke on property has a source of massive advertisement. "Hey, Mama Jane, remember that cherry coke little sally sue loved so much at WDW? That will make her feel like we are right back there." I would argue that one cup size full of drink is less than a nickel. Coke supplies the bulk of the machines as well.

We have a full round of the 'Ole Dixie Cups here as well. I will never forget hearing my father ask "We can bring it back on our future trips?" to managers and CMs countless times before purchasing them.

8 cents. Avg cost to Universal Orlando for a regular sized cup of soda is exactly 8 cents. At SeaWorld it used to be completely free to the company because of Pepsi's relationship with A-B but that is all ancient history now.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's what the spreadsheet will tell you.

There's also intangibles.

In another thread on this subject, I got to rambling about my own experiences with concession stand managment...

And also why I pointed out to you that guest recovery via concession is far preferable to giving up revenue. Because the scales are so far apart... I can give away stuff all day long when it's cheap to me relative to the revenue I collected. But cut off my revenue stream... and you adapt much quicker.

Just like you were conditioned... it is far more costly for you to lose the customer. Take a margin hit before you give up revenue.

Vader2112

I would prefer a bottled water plan. lol Since the Florida Water tastes and smells aweful. I was laughing the other evening at AOA watching someone cary no less than 7 mugs in his hands on the way to the Food Court. I wanted to wait and see him carry them back. Not a big soda drinker but would be worth the 2 day version now on a pool day. Somehting about soda and the July Florida sun is unappealing.

ddrongowski

I would prefer a bottled water plan. lol Since the Florida Water tastes and smells aweful. I was laughing the other evening at AOA watching someone cary no less than 7 mugs in his hands on the way to the Food Court. I wanted to wait and see him carry them back. Not a big soda drinker but would be worth the 2 day version now on a pool day. Somehting about soda and the July Florida sun is unappealing.
If you have a car at WDW (be it a rental or other), just stop at the ESSO station on your way out of MK and get bottled water. This is what we do, it is normal priced there. But everything at the ESSO station is normal priced, including beer. BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

Sorry it was the beers fault.... Really it was.

The Mom

Premium Member
I have things to do, so I would appreciate it if you all play nicely. Please stay on topic (one hot button issue at a time, please) and leave politics out of it. Also, please be respectful in voicing your opinions, even if you feel as if those holding the opposite POV are complete idiots, or defenders of "evil corporations", or even thieves.

Thank you very much. ;)

scout68

Among all the the new "news" circulating lately expansions, parades, night time shows it's really nice and refreshing to get back to the really important and gripping stuff.

reading another refill thread is like turning the ac down to 65, sipping an afternoon hot toddy, and skimming over.......

...wiring specs for my fridge :p

Yours truly,
A LIFETIME DIXIE LANDINGS MUG OWNER!!!!

ddrongowski

I have things to do, so I would appreciate it if you all play nicely. Please stay on topic (one hot button issue at a time, please) and leave politics out of it. Also, please be respectful in voicing your opinions, even if you feel as if those holding the opposite POV are complete idiots, or defenders of "evil corporations", or even thieves.

Thank you very much. ;)
But MOM!!! That's no fun mom..... and they started it first.....:oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom