"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

G00fyDad

I got my money's worth on my mugs back in the 90s. It isn't a question of that at all. It's forcing a company to stand up to its word and to make policies clear and visible and not backtrack over a decade later because they simply want to make more money. I will never buy another WDW mug again ... unless they somehow come out with some incredible design for one of my favorite resorts and we know that ain't happening.

Now this I can agree with. If Disney stated as much and sold the mugs on this premise then they should honor that deal and issue those that can show proof of the old "free for life" mugs a card to reuse for new mugs or refills on the old mugs.

WDWchewy1

Will you have to purchase the mugs at check in now or will you continue to purchase them in the food courts? I am an AP holder and travel around 4-5 times a year. We only stay on property 2 of those times. The other times are at other places or rented homes. We always have a car with us and love to eat at the resorts. Because of this, we purchase mugs. (We don't get them every trip, only the ones when we will be in town longer than 3 days) We do purchase new mugs every time. We also choose to purchase the mugs when we are not staying on property bc we spend a lot of time at the various resorts, eating and shopping, etc. (No, not swimming!) Will one still be able to do this if staying offsite?

baymenxpac

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!

Just be glad that WDW isn't in New York. If it was this would be a mute discussion because the elected officials would make soda/pop illegal to consume.

good one. as a new yorker, with the most coastal elite bravado i can muster to properly express my indignation, i say: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

also, the word you're looking for is "moot," not "mute".

lebeau

And also why I pointed out to you that guest recovery via concession is far preferable to giving up revenue. Because the scales are so far apart... I can give away stuff all day long when it's cheap to me relative to the revenue I collected. But cut off my revenue stream... and you adapt much quicker.

Just like you were conditioned... it is far more costly for you to lose the customer. Take a margin hit before you give up revenue.

We gave refunds too. Our company was very concerned about the customer experience. This was back wehn TQM was all the rage. Actually, we used to cite Disney as an excellent example of customer service done right. I wonder if they still do that.

lebeau

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!

Just be glad that WDW isn't in New York. If it was this would be a mute discussion because the elected officials would make soda/pop illegal to consume.

My newspaper didn't carry the story when soft drinks were banned in NY. Must be defective.

NormC

I am going to take my HT (handie talkie) that records RF signals. Then when someone uses their mug, I will just retransmit the code and watch soda pour out of the machines. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! RF is your friend, if you know how to manipulate it.:D
So your handie talkie can tell you what I just texted to my wife while I was standing behind you?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Haha. Well I've certainly see all the later. I just must have missed the mug threads before. Makes me so sad I've missed out on the fun ;)

Hey... no worries. Just like WDW...not much changes.. So what was all the rage 15 years ago.. you can relive it here as often as you like. Come back every year and it's all the same :D

vinnya1726

How about an option for AP something like this...

Add-on to AP purchase/renewal price - $XXX (insert price here) and you get a mug good everyday until your pass expires.

That seems like a good solution to accommodate AP holders. I think similar to the TIW card. Now Disney would restrict the cup to not work on holidays, of course!

Sounds fair.

baymenxpac

Why not both, must it be either or?

yeah, it pretty much does. especially you consider the make up of the human mind and the agendas at play. corporations would much rather distract you with the small stuff (where you, the common person spending thousands on a disney vacation -- which is far less of an experience and a value than it was 15-20 years ago -- end up stumping for corporate profits), while they increase their margins everywhere by cutting quality. spirit talks about this a lot, but it was DL fans' ability to see past the trivial stuff and call for real change that resulted in the renaissance in anaheim that made it the best domestic disney park by far.

yes, there was once a time where people on boards like this laughed about DL maintenance and quality.

olinecoach61

People are getting awfully worked up over a mug. It costs 5-7 grand when we hit the world, a couple of bucks more for a mug and having to wait five minutes before I can refill wont kill me. I don't enjoy paying more but the company needs to make money, that is their objective after all.

And stealing is stealing, you can validate your behavior with any rationalization you want, but your still taking a product without paying for it.

baymenxpac

People are getting awfully worked up over a mug.

agreed!

It costs 5-7 grand when we hit the world

indeed.

a couple of bucks more for a mug and having to wait five minutes before I can refill wont kill me.

i would hope not.

I don't enjoy paying more

totes!

but the company needs to make money, that is their objective after all.

but...whaaaa?

And stealing is stealing, you can validate your behavior with any rationalization you want, but your still taking a product without paying for it.

#your

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
So as a local AP holder, I would need to buy a mug if I wanted a fountain drink with my favorite resort meal (say I was really craving the tie dye cheesecake at Pop)....I don't like the bottled Coke products, so I guess I would have to buy an overpriced mug for that meal if I wasn't staying there. Boo hiss. Part of the fun of being a local is the ability to end a day at the parks with a quick drive over to a resort quick service food court & we can soak in that resort's "vibe" for a moment & then head home.

Or... you can purchase a fountain drink in a paper cup.

I am an AP holder too, purchase mugs for each visit but typically stay 10-16 days at a time, once or twice a year so the mugs have "value" to me. If I was only visiting for an hour or two for a quick bite, then I would purchase a soft drink if I wanted one even at Disney's high prices. The existing mugs are clearly advertised as current length of stay, not every time you visit so they are not taking away anything that you were supposed to be getting today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom