"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

NowInc

Where did I say anything about free beverage service?

Oh, I didn't.

My point was that if I'm going to spend nearly $3 for a drink on top of room fees, and it's a self serve fountain soda... I would be outraged if I returned for a refill and was told my cup "expired."

Not directly..no you didn't.

However it stands the same..you are saying that the cost of your ROOM should somehow coincide with your food service fees? From MY personal experiences..the more expensive the hotel, the less likely they are to provide any sort of refill service..at all. Maybe my use of the word "free" was mis-read...what I was implying was that I read what you said as basically entitlement to a policy simply due to choosing to stay at the resort..which to me looked as in "something for nothing".

What people are failing to realize is that for MOST people..things are going to remain the same. You don't HAVE to buy the mug to get a drink, and the paper cups are going to simply be designed to basically last your one dining experience (I mean, aside from the RFID..physically a paper cup wont last long already)

rob0519

But wouldn't it be easier to change the mug design every year or every other year?

I'm just failing to see how this is a benefit for the guest. It sounds like its to give you move flexibility but really, it's making it less flexible than ever.

Today, I can only use the mug at the one resort in which I'm staying. Under the new plan, I can use the mug at any resort, increasing my number of opporutnities. Help me how this is less flexible than ever?

DTale

When someone buys a 16oz soda... and then expects that soda to magically become 32oz, 48oz, or more... without costing more. What do you call the soda beyond the size you bought?

Then it is the owner of the establishment's fault for offering a self-serve soda fountain.

I'm not saying "stealing soda" is right, I'm just saying it would be a lot easier putting drink fountains behind the counter instead of putting RFID chips in every single cup.

rob0519

Here's what's gonna happen. Those people that didn't care to follow the rules prior will now just buy one mug each trip and use it as a transfer device to a different container. I can already envision soccer mom filling her mug over and over and pouring it into her kids paper cups. It's going to be a grey area. Because technically I could fill my one mug and share that with my kids until its empty then go get a refill, so why not just pour each child their own?

Wasn't there talk about having a timing function in the RFID chip so that you would have to wait some amount of time, say 5 to 10 minutes between refills? It always amazes me how guests at WDW have no problem with paying for one size product of drink and then basically stealing as much more as they can.

ddbowdoin

Today, I can only use the mug at the one resort in which I'm staying. Under the new plan, I can use the mug at any resort, increasing my number of opporutnities. Help me how this is less flexible than ever?

18 bucks... 4 drinks a day (2 during a midday pool visit, 2 at the end of the day) over a 6 day stay is 75 cents a pop...

PLEASE, someone explain to me how this isn't a good deal!

AndyS2992

Don't forget pool hopping and Gay Days. ;) And trying to pass your 3 year old off as 2, and the never ending GAC/Scooter arguments.
you should be around disney boards longer... mugs are right up there with strollers, APs, and prices for perennial Disney threads!

You forgot the napkins! Dear me, as much as I love the details as much as the next person, I really couldn't care less whether my napkins said Disney or not, as long as I can wipe my mouth with it then does its job.

DTale

... and folks this is why we can't have nice stuff.

"I'm not saying "stealing soda" is right, I'm just saying it would be a lot easier putting drink fountains behind the counter instead of putting RFID chips in every single cup."

And this, folks, is why people should read the entire post!

AngryEyes

"I'm not saying "stealing soda" is right, I'm just saying it would be a lot easier putting drink fountains behind the counter instead of putting RFID chips in every single cup."

If you want a guest with a valid drinking vessel to have easy access to refills without additional staff and you want to keep the lowest common denominator from filling up milk jugs, RFID it is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom