"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

lostpro9het

Water and ice still available at the RFID refilliable mug stations? A separate station? None? Anyone know?
Looking at the videos from the units tested at All-Star, water and ice are still free. Additionally, the coffee/tea/hot cocoa machines have not been fitted with any updated equipment. Maybe the hot beverages wont be policed??

SeasonPass2

RFID chips in drinks have been in the planning for a long time. Too many resort guests in the parks thinking they can drink all day long with a resort cup.

Funny how they start with the cheaper hotels. Why not do the Grand Floridian first!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
RFID chips in drinks have been in the planning for a long time. Too many resort guests in the parks thinking they can drink all day long with a resort cup.

Funny how they start with the cheaper hotels. Why not do the Grand Floridian first!!!

Uhh.. because the values are the ones with the food courts?? But yeah, continue with your inference...

NowInc

So I assume they're single use then?

Am I the only one seeing this as a way for Disney to squeeze every dime they can out of me? If I'm paying $500 a night I damn well better be able to get a second drink.

..not to start an argument..but what other hotel provides free beverage service?

AndyS2992

Am I the only one seeing this as a way for Disney to squeeze every dime they can out of me? If I'm paying $500 a night I damn well better be able to get a second drink.
It seems a paper cup can have four refills in the space of an hour but that is it. That's how it is at All Stars but may change.

DTale

..not to start an argument..but what other hotel provides free beverage service?

Where did I say anything about free beverage service?

Oh, I didn't.

My point was that if I'm going to spend nearly $3 for a drink on top of room fees, and it's a self serve fountain soda... I would be outraged if I returned for a refill and was told my cup "expired."

flynnibus

Premium Member

The use is whatever disney decides to define it as. One use, one refill, one hour, max 3x the ounces, whatever.
The chip is just an ID....

What you are allowed to do with that ID is completely up to Disney's pricing/product model. The point of the chip is they can enforce the policy they decide upon.

The chip doesn't define what you can do.. Disney does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom