Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

jt04

We will likely be recording our next show with Jim Hill and aim to question him on Pixie Hollow/Fantasyland. I don't think he knows what's coming to replace Pixie Hollow otherwise it would have been in his article.

What I'm looking to do is get him to clarify some of the points of the article.
  • Who is upset about the girl slant in Fantasyland? Is it just Tom Staggs or is it others as well?
  • Was the budget for Pixie Hollow already approved? Is that budget staying in Fantasyland or is it going elsewhere in the park (Frontierland)
  • Are the dueling Dumbos on the bubble? Your article says just Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are definites
  • Where are the meet and greets going?

He said the M&G's were not happening when they obviously are as seen in the construction photo. That would be a good place to start IMO. Fantasyland will not have a "girl slant" anymore than Frontierland has a "boy slant". The entire story is BS. If PH was canceled Steve would have told us by now.

lebeau

He said the M&G's were not happening when they obviously are as seen in the construction photo. That would be a good place to start IMO. Fantasyland will not have a "girl slant" anymore than Frontierland has a "boy slant". The entire story is BS. If PH was canceled Steve would have told us by now.

We've had enough of our "insiders" confirm that PH is cancelled to convince me. Also, I always had my doubts about Phase 2 ever happening. There never seemed to be much weight behind it anyway.

I am pretty positive Tink will still get a M&G. But beyond that, the insiders here have me convinced PH is currently a no-go.

(And I've defended PH till I was blue in the face.)

*I bolded currently because anything can change in an instant. At one point Eo's return to Epcot was dead too.

tirian

IMO, the status of PH can't be announced until Disney makes up its mind what is happening with that area, whether that's PH or something else.

tirian

We've had enough of our "insiders" confirm that PH is cancelled to convince me. Also, I always had my doubts about Phase 2 ever happening. There never seemed to be much weight behind it anyway.

There wasn't. That's why Disney only had a magic tree concept painting to show at D23.

I am pretty positive Tink will still get a M&G. But beyond that, the insiders here have me convinced PH is currecntly a no-go.

(And I've defended PH till I was blue in the face.)

She's still getting a M&G, and phase 2 hasn't been completely planned anyway. Neither has phase 1, for that matter.

wizards8507

IMO, the status of PH can't be announced until Disney makes up its mind what is happening with that area, whether that's PH or something else.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The general perception seems to be that TDO is always scheming and has a definite course of action, just that we haven't been told about it yet. It's entirely possible that they're taking a "wait and see" approach and are just as uncertain about the future as we are. This, IMHO, is responsbile business practice. There's no need to be set in your ways if your ROI isn't going to be sufficient on a project.

lebeau

There wasn't. That's why Disney only had a magic tree concept painting to show at D23.

She's still getting a M&G, and phase 2 hasn't been completely planned anyway. Neither has phase 1, for that matter.

That's more or less what I always figured.

Dang, I was right twice in one day! :sohappy:

tirian

Everyone should pour a cup of coffee and wait for more official announcements.

In the meantime, there are more important developments. I've got a juicy rumor to end all others, and it's the new direction WDW is heading. Have you heard about Disney's best-kept secret?

:lookaroun

SeaCastle

It's been mentioned a few times before, but putting a M&G in the Fantasyland Skyway station seems like a great idea. Not only was there a concept for it years earlier, but it will utilize otherwise wasted space in an area with proximity to Peter Pan's Flight.

jt04

Tink and PH represent a franchise. Iger likes franchises. He is the boss. He makes the final decision. OK, I think that about sums up this thread. Might as well lock it down. :wave:

SeaCastle

Tink and PH represent a franchise. Iger likes franchises. He is the boss. He makes the final decision. OK, I think that about sums up this thread. Might as well lock it down. :wave:

"Born to Run" and "Hungry Heart" represent great songs. Bruce Springsteen writes great songs. He is The Boss. He makes the final decision.

Animaniac93-98

Is there truly enough space within the plot of land reserved for PH to build a C-Ticket attraction? Looking at the model and the blueprint leaked, it looks like a tight fit when you factor in the need for queue space and for paths for guest traffic to go through.

I'm also sure the following questions are begin looked into when it comes to a possible replacement:

- Is it as cost effective to build?
- Do we have enough space?
- Will it produce as much revenue?
- Will it satisfy guests' needs as much?

When it comes to question three, I doubt anything except another princess section (Jasmine, Snow White or Tiana) would be anything close to the revenue generator of PH, and even then it probably wouldn't be as much.

They might as well do PH right IMO, for all the reasons lebeau has beaten that dead horse for.

jt04

"Born to Run" and "Hungry Heart" represent great songs. Bruce Springsteen writes great songs. He is The Boss. He makes the final decision.

I'll listen to brucie again when he starts paying his employees a "living wage".

Now can we get back to the topic of WDW. :cool:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Some of you are looking for answers that aren't out there yet. The whole phase 2 is very fluid, always has been from all accounts, and will be until they start digging. This shouldn't be that surprising, as all the way through the announcements, WDI were going to lengths to keep pointing out that plans were not finalized. I'm not going to throw further fuel on the fire by throwing something out there, but I understand that the "current" plans are going to add something to the mix in FLE that I think will be to a lot more people's liking.

jt04

Some of you are looking for answers that aren't out there yet. The whole phase 2 is very fluid, always has been from all accounts, and will be until they start digging. This shouldn't be that surprising, as all the way through the announcements, WDI were going to lengths to keep pointing out that plans were not finalized. I'm not going to throw further fuel on the fire by throwing something out there, but I understand that the "current" plans are going to add something to the mix in FLE that I think will be to a lot more people's liking.

Wow, This and 2 hours of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" on A&E tonight!

Nirvana. :)

raven

Is that the "something" in Phase 4 that I know about? :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom