Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

raven

ThreadDerailed.jpg

Yeah that happened about 4 pages ago. :lol:

Captain Chaos

OK, can we just get Bald mountain in this FLE?? Maybe?? Maybe???

What if they dusted off the princess ride Eisner was said to have wanted but the bean counters told him no way??? Or is that just mythology???

raven

OK, can we just get Bald mountain in this FLE?? Maybe?? Maybe???

What if they dusted off the princess ride Eisner was said to have wanted but the bean counters told him no way??? Or is that just mythology???

The ride where guests had to swipe their credit cards before they boarded that went directly into his bank account? Pass.

Someone please answer this...

So the princesses may not be going to the Expo Hall for a temporary relocation but somewhere else and that will be a controversial decision?

And then the temporary location will become something brand new after the princesses move to their locations in FLE?

etgalyon

What about a combination of several of the ideas presented in this thread, with one additional concern that cropped up when the expansion was first announced…

Maybe Cinderella’s Royal Table becomes the temporary princess home. The current theme of the area would already work reasonably well for them; it’s more ornate than their current tent home. Closing the restaurant leaves a short term dining capacity problem (perhaps leading to changes/reopening of the Diamond Horseshoe, afterall, there have been Frontier land rumors floating around too), but long term the new Beauty and the Beast establishments will more than make up for the loss.

Once FLE opens, the princesses move to their permanent homes. Then what?

One of the complaints I heard about the prospect of losing toon town was the loss of Mickey and Mini’s home. The expo hall may be a suitable short term location, but it doesn’t seem worthy of them for the long term. Don’t Mickey and Mini, of all Disney properties, deserve prime Magic Kingdom real-estate?

juan

What about a combination of several of the ideas presented in this thread, with one additional concern that cropped up when the expansion was first announced…

Maybe Cinderella’s Royal Table becomes the temporary princess home. The current theme of the area would already work reasonably well for them; it’s more ornate than their current tent home. Closing the restaurant leaves a short term dining capacity problem (perhaps leading to changes/reopening of the Diamond Horseshoe, afterall, there have been Frontier land rumors floating around too), but long term the new Beauty and the Beast establishments will more than make up for the loss.

thats what I was thinking too
it seems to make sense

Captain Chaos

thats what I was thinking too
it seems to make sense

Hmmm, a M&G taking over CRT could be controversial... But then what about the part where it will reopen but not as the same thing?? Hmm, name change perhaps??? No longer a princess dining option since their M&G will be like 20 feet away??? Interesting.....

AEfx

I gotta agree here. Seriously, the original point of "too high fan standards" could be argued with other examples (maybe). But you spend all that money upgrading and improving an attraction, and it is too much BOTHER to make sure a couple of ceiling panels are in place? That says volumes to me. Get with the program. Details make the difference.

I gotta agree.

I didn't raise some big stink or complain to Guest Services, but it was pretty sad that the ceiling tiles were left open/bare and lit up after being closed for well over a year.

It wasn't something that was hard to miss (people have tried to mislead you to believing that in this thread you had to do acrobatics to see it); you just simply had to look up (not turn your head around 180 like the Exorcist or something).

I kind of feel the same way about the backside of Everest, which sticks out like a sore thumb if you come in from the parking lot (as opposed to the bus loop) - at this point I wish they just hadn't bothered with the crappy, non-working AA and just finished theming the building - or at least camouflaging it in some way.

jakeman

It wasn't something that was hard to miss (people have tried to mislead you to believing that in this thread you had to do acrobatics to see it); you just simply had to look up (not turn your head around 180 like the Exorcist or something).
I guess that person was me.

My point is that it isn't in a reasonable line of site. I never claimed you had to do acrobatics, you have to look up and back over your shoulder. That's all, however, I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect that a vast majority of guest aren't going to be looking at ceiling tiles behind them when the whole ride is in front of them.

Why wouldn't you complain to guest services? If it makes you sad and left an impression enough that you made the effort to post about it later on the internet, I would think it had a significant impact on your trip to mention it to the offending company.

lebeau

Some of you are looking for answers that aren't out there yet. The whole phase 2 is very fluid, always has been from all accounts, and will be until they start digging. This shouldn't be that surprising, as all the way through the announcements, WDI were going to lengths to keep pointing out that plans were not finalized. I'm not going to throw further fuel on the fire by throwing something out there, but I understand that the "current" plans are going to add something to the mix in FLE that I think will be to a lot more people's liking.

Uh-oh. If Pixie Hollow gets replaced by Alice in Wonderland, Hercules, the Emporer's New Groove or the Artistocats, I'm going to have a lot of egg on my face. :eek:

lebeau

Maybe Cinderella’s Royal Table becomes the temporary princess home.

I'd be very surprised if they disrupted the revenue stream that is CRT. My understanding is the BatB restaurant is supposed to allievate the demand for CRT, not replace it.

I'm wondering if there isn't an old ride who's days are numbered. (Snow White, I'm thinking of you.) That would be controversial. I just don't know how expensive it would be to gut the thing. But then again, if they are planning to turn it into something else but don't yet know what...

Basically, I have no idea. :shrug:

orky8

I'm wondering if there isn't an old ride who's days are numbered. (Snow White, I'm thinking of you.) That would be controversial. I just don't know how expensive it would be to gut the thing. But then again, if they are planning to turn it into something else but don't yet know what...

I like where you are going with this. How about this (for pure wild speculation and unbridled optimism)

1) Remove Snow White and Put M&Gs there.

2) Build new mine coaster and Snow White cottage for new Snow White/Dwarf M&G. Mine Coaster and especially the dwarfs have universal appeal and probably sell lots of merchandise (Every father/grandfather has been provided a Grumpy article of clothing at some point in time.

3) With the now available space from Snow White, replace our Pooh ride with Pooh's Hunny Hunt from TDL. Too much? Well, I can dream can't I...

4) Just for fun, put in B&TB dark ride behind B&TB M&G/Restaurant

Disneykidder

:)I really hope it is true. I have been saying it all along, ever since the expansion became public. The project is too female orientated. My boys will just walk right through Fantasyland now saying ewww the whole way. MK is my fav park. With Toontown gone what will be left for boys besides all of the pirate stuff which can only be taken soo far? I was so disappointed and saddened. I hope they think of the entire market.

NewfieFan

I'd be very surprised if they disrupted the revenue stream that is CRT. My understanding is the BatB restaurant is supposed to allievate the demand for CRT, not replace it.

Basically, I have no idea. :shrug:

Yeah, I agree... I can't see Disney closing CRT and losing that money. That meal must make them cash!!!

My thoughts have been going towards a ride as well. It would be controversial (especially around here)... people would lose their minds if we lost a ride to M&Gs.

But IF it's a ride and it's being turned into something else after... well, that has me excited!

The Princess M&Gs (and I'm assuming this includes Tink too) have to go somewhere and I have a feeling it's in FL somewhere... but where is the question...

jt04

I like where you are going with this. How about this (for pure wild speculation and unbridled optimism)

1) Remove Snow White and Put M&Gs there.

2) Build new mine coaster and Snow White cottage for new Snow White/Dwarf M&G. Mine Coaster and especially the dwarfs have universal appeal and probably sell lots of merchandise (Every father/grandfather has been provided a Grumpy article of clothing at some point in time.

3) With the now available space from Snow White, replace our Pooh ride with Pooh's Hunny Hunt from TDL. Too much? Well, I can dream can't I...

4) Just for fun, put in B&TB dark ride behind B&TB M&G/Restaurant

You know, I posted a year or so ago how this space could be converted into a dragon lair deep beneath the castle and how they could create the illusion that you were entering and descending below the castle while you are in reality entering the old SW ride building. Mainly this could be a walk through by utilizing elevator technology plus Disney magic. This could be done relatively inexpensively. They are welcome to the idea of course.:)

lebeau

Yeah, I agree... I can't see Disney closing CRT and losing that money. That meal must make them cash!!!

My thoughts have been going towards a ride as well. It would be controversial (especially around here)... people would lose their minds if we lost a ride to M&Gs.

But IF it's a ride and it's being turned into something else after... well, that has me excited!

The Princess M&Gs (and I'm assuming this includes Tink too) have to go somewhere and I have a feeling it's in FL somewhere... but where is the question...

I'm surprised more people aren't playing along with this guessing game. I figured it would be catnip to most posters.

I agree FL seems the most likely place to set up the M&Gs. I think we can safely rule out Toon Town and probably most of Main Street. When you start eliminating things that would not be "controverial" as well as things that are not going anywhere, the list starts getting pretty small.

TL - COP or TTA
FL - Snow White, Pan, would Pinoocio be controversial?
LS - I see no candidates
FL - Country Bears, TSI (which we can rule out based on logistics)
AL - Tiki Room

Unless we're using a very loose definition of controversial or we are losing something I had presumed was safe, I can't think of any other candidates.

njDizFan

:)I really hope it is true. I have been saying it all along, ever since the expansion became public. The project is too female orientated. My boys will just walk right through Fantasyland now saying ewww the whole way. MK is my fav park. With Toontown gone what will be left for boys besides all of the pirate stuff which can only be taken soo far? I was so disappointed and saddened. I hope they think of the entire market.

Hmmm..for boys in MK not much. Just all of Frontierland, Tomorrowland, Liberty Square, Adventureland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom