Princess and the Frog Restaurant?

jt04

Pending the films success, i can def see splash mountain being a perfect setting for a ride refurb.

or restaurant somewhere in AK.

I like the spirit of your idea but there is not so many mountains in the bayous of New Orleans.

My idea is they could take the ride design for the Little Mermaid ride at DCA and retheme it to TPatF at the MK's Fntasyland.

EPCOTCenterLover

Couple of thoughts-

I can't wait for the movie, I LOVE traditional animation- but I hope they keep this restaurant idea out of Disneyland's New Orleans Square. It's one of the last places that isn't tooned. Hopefully this will go to DHS.

Re the Tom Sawyer Island comment- There was another concept for Tom Sawyer's Island- and I'll be able to share about it in the future. Why the future?

Because, on my blog now, I have a piece of an interview with Imagineer Eddie Sotto. The selected segment this time is about WDI's plan for an AA Walt that was to have gone in Disneyland's Opera House.

But in the rest of the interview, he speaks of other projects for parks around the world- both abandoned attraction ideas and ideas that were left out of attractions that were built.

Lastly, just got back from WDW, and we had a great time...

DisneyPrincess5

Geez... it seems like nowadays, companies (not just Disney) are putting out merchandise, clothes, etc for movies that haven't even come out or that are brand new! This restaurant idea can't be serious... wait for the movie to come out!

Hummer1676

It sounds like a good idea. I am just curious of the placement. I wonder if they changed the plans for the terrace restaurant next to the dole whip stand. If memory serves me correct, that space is the larges eating facility at MK.

I do like the Tom sawyer island idea. No one really appreciate the Liberty square area and should have more attractions and shows. It is one of the most detailed, but underutilized.

WDW1974

It sounds like a good idea. I am just curious of the placement. I wonder if they changed the plans for the terrace restaurant next to the dole whip stand. If memory serves me correct, that space is the larges eating facility at MK.

The restaurant you speak of is the Adventureland Verandah ... one of the best places for a quick serve meal in the MK until they shuttered it in 1994 (about the same time as 20,000 Leagues) and let it sit empty, while they tore out all the A-Land shops to make seating for a location that is never open (Pirate and Parrot) except when the expanded Pecos Bill's is closed.

It was scheduled for a pirates-themed redo and buffet meals (with pirates running amok) but that has apparently died or been put on indefinite hold (like everything else).

As to this 'rumor' ... I am not sure whether it has any merit at all, but if it does happen at WDW they're going to stick it in a park (either MK or Studios) despite the fact Bonfamille's would be the perfect locale.

I do like the Tom sawyer island idea. No one really appreciate the Liberty square area and should have more attractions and shows. It is one of the most detailed, but underutilized.

It would/will NEVER happen on TSI. NEVER.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

jt04

The restaurant you speak of is the Adventureland Verandah ... one of the best places for a quick serve meal in the MK until they shuttered it in 1994 (about the same time as 20,000 Leagues) and let it sit empty, while they tore out all the A-Land shops to make seating for a location that is never open (Pirate and Parrot) except when the expanded Pecos Bill's is closed.

It was scheduled for a pirates-themed redo and buffet meals (with pirates running amok) but that has apparently died or been put on indefinite hold (like everything else).

As to this 'rumor' ... I am not sure whether it has any merit at all, but if it does happen at WDW they're going to stick it in a park (either MK or Studios) despite the fact Bonfamille's would be the perfect locale.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

I never said a restaurant could happen at TSI, just a rethemed "eatery" at Aunt Pollys. I think TSI would be very successful with a TPatF overlay. Just like PotC overlay at TSI in DL. My restaurant ideas were for RFC at DTD, HoB at DTD and I agreed with someone on the PO idea. I think the AV idea someone came up with earlier is AWESOME!:D

Ailtara

Just a thought... Boatwright's has stopped with breakfast right? Could they have stopped the breakfast so they can "re-imagine" it to fit this theme? Just a thought.
Sadly, they stopped breakfast for no reason other than they are "listening to the Guests" who apparently don't want breakfast. And as cool as it would be to have another character breakfast, the restaurant isn't layed out well for that; there isn't enough room to accommodate the characters on or offstage.

WDW1974

They stopped breakfast at Boatwright's ... one of the best at WDW these days ... simply because they wanted to save on labor. It wasn't even a question of making money as the place was always packed ... it just didn't make enough according to the people who need to cut quality to justify keeping their jobs.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

jt04

Sadly, they stopped breakfast for no reason other than they are "listening to the Guests" who apparently don't want breakfast. And as cool as it would be to have another character breakfast, the restaurant isn't layed out well for that; there isn't enough room to accommodate the characters on or offstage.

I don't want breakfast in a place that is packed to the rafters every morning with people stacked up like pancakes. Actually I rarely eat breakfast for breakfast anyway.

Hummer1676

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

WDW1974 thank you for clarifying.

I see more of a need in the MK then at the Studios. This would be a perfect fit for DL and tie perfectly with the Blue Bayou restaurant, or any other in that area. They will run with it, if it is a success.

Thats to bad that they stopped or put on hold the PoC themed restaurant as it would do massively well.

ttalovebug

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

Well that's a relief.

HATE that idea.

markjohns1

What if they made an Atlantis themed restauraunt?
That would be awesome. Such an underrated movie.

I guess using this movie would be a good test to see if this works, even though I don't agree with it. I mean, Disney will have its first African-American princess. The movie should be big. However, I do not hold much faith in the marketing lately. Like I said, adding the princess to an already established princess meal would make a lot more sense that opening a brand new restaurant.
I really would like to see them move away from tacking on elements to existing restaurants/attractions, opting instead to build something from the ground up. The core element of a PatF restaurant is that it'd be cajun-style cuisine, which could easily stand on its own without any kind of movie tie-in theme. If the quality of Bolt is any indication, PatF should be big.

I just think HoB would be more in their element at CW. And I just thought it would be nice to see a restaurant that serves Cajun and other N.O.'s eats and the seperate theater as a ticketed Dinner Show similar to what you see elsewhere. I'm not so sure HoB wouldn't jump at permission from Disney to go to Uni as Disney has limited the acts that can play there (and wisely so IMO). Win-Win-Win!
I'm pretty sure there is enough real estate in DTD for Disney to open a PatF restaurant without evicting one of their ever-dwindling lease holders. With characters involved, it will probably be at a park, but I think it'd be a great addition to POR.

jt04

I'm pretty sure there is enough real estate in DTD for Disney to open a PatF restaurant without evicting one of their ever-dwindling lease holders. With characters involved, it will probably be at a park, but I think it'd be a great addition to POR.

To have it open by the time the movie opens would require a retrofit of an existing restaurant as I pointed out earlier. Hence my ideas of where I thought they might be looking.

imagineer boy

I don't like the TSI idea either. Im not a fan of Pirate's Lair at DL, but at least it has new orleans square to complement it a little bit. WDW's is surrounded by Liberty Square and Frontierland making it feel very out of place. TSI needs to be updated, but not this way IMO. :shrug:

Anyways, if the movie is a success then the resteraunt would be a good idea though. Just depends on where it goes.

imamouse

This rumor reminds me of the pre-release hype for The Black Cauldron film, including an elaborate castle mystery tour (gone now) at Tokyo Disneyland that featured characters and story line from The Black Cauldron.

jt04

This rumor reminds me of the pre-release hype for The Black Cauldron film, including an elaborate castle mystery tour (gone now) at Tokyo Disneyland that featured characters and story line from The Black Cauldron.

TPatF will crush Cauldron. Now is the time for Disney to be a bit more ambitious with it's own products. To have the parks roll it out ahead of the movie will be brilliant if it works and this movie is the perfect vehicle to do so. Just an educated hunch.

GothMickey

TPatF will crush Cauldron. Now is the time for Disney to be a bit more ambitious with it's own products. To have the parks roll it out ahead of the movie will be brilliant if it works and this movie is the perfect vehicle to do so. Just an educated hunch.

Ambitious and Disney are not used together in the same sentence lately. And it is a damn shame too.

Hummer1676

If they are going to roll this out before the movie, they should do the same for TR2N. I don't think there is anyone out there that wouldn't die to have a Tron attraction.

GothMickey

If they are going to roll this out before the movie, they should do the same for TR2N. I don't think there is anyone out there that wouldn't die to have a Tron attraction.

As long as a Tron attraction is cutting edge and enjoyable with every ride, then fine by me. Even if the movie flops, the ride could still be spectacular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom