Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

RSoxNo1

NEWSFLASH Disney, nobody wants to see a bunch of strangers faces plastered all over the castle. What a horrible gimmick...

Let's face it, its a novelty that will wear off very quickly.

I wasn't optimistic, but the video looked impressive. I'm definitely going to be giving this show a chance in a month and a half.

Also of note--Eric Jacobson did confirm that there will be a height requirement and that the thrill level would be a step up from the Barnstormer.

Any word on what will be inside the dwarfs cottage?

When did he mention the height requirement?

acr123

Circusland

I am really excited about what was confirmed yesterday at the press event. I think the changes that were made to the original plan are all for the best. The thing that has me the most curious now is what they are planning to put on all that property reserved for Circusland?! That seems like an awful lot of space to be used for just the dumbo ride.

Can someone "in the know" shed some light on what is going to go in the repurposed tents and PLEASE tell us we can expect at least one more attraction for that large seemingly barren area. :shrug:

alik9221

Summary?

due to this thread getting rather big could someone please post what was roughly covered at the event please.
Or give links to highlights or the full thing.
thanks

NYwdwfan

I think the castle projections are amazing. And for the haters - at least it is temporary. Would you rather they do something like this:

Thrill Seeker

Ok, I have to admit this was really cool. I watched the highlight video and have to say I am impressed. Projecting guest photos on the castle is still tacky, but it's done here in a very tasteful and quite impressive way. I really hope the tech used for this show remains for a very long time and is incorporated into the fireworks somehow.

WorldKey

Did you not hear what was said in the press announcement? Disney researched kids and asked them personally what they wanted from a vacation. Riding the attractions with their parents and siblings rated pretty high. The mine coaster is in Fantasyland which is geared for younger guests. Why make an intense ride, that younger kids can't go on, smack in the middle of a place like that?

Another time, another place for that.

Well said Raven. I seem to hear a lot of complaining here.....the entire FLE is pretty cool. Everything is not for everyone but there is a lot to please a large majority of people. I'm just jealous that they don't spend this kind of money on something in EPCOT like a new country or two!

Rich1

I'm pretty certain that there is a certain person in here (I won't name any names) that would find a way to complain about anything. I'm pretty sure, he'd get mad if they announced they were removing Sounds Dangerous and replacing it with the Monsters Inc. Coaster. I'm pretty sure he'd get mad if the Carpets of Aladdin were replaced with something INCREDIBLE. Honestly..mad about ToonTown going? REALLY? I Just think some ppl like to be negative and bash TDO for the sake of arguing.

Krack

I'm pretty certain that there is a certain person in here (I won't name any names) that would find a way to complain about anything. I'm pretty sure, he'd get mad if they announced they were removing Sounds Dangerous and replacing it with the Monsters Inc. Coaster. I'm pretty sure he'd get mad if the Carpets of Aladdin were replaced with something INCREDIBLE. Honestly..mad about ToonTown going? REALLY? I Just think some ppl like to be negative and bash TDO for the sake of arguing.

You're trolling.

Mickey_777

The show is much better than what I thought it would be. To me it has a similar "feel" to World of Color. It's not as impressive as a screen of water but the essence is there...

T-1MILLION

I have to give credit where credit is do. The show was fantastic. It is nice to FINALLY see something on this level at the Magic Kingdom when similar things have been done in other parks. Like thers, my big hope is they keep this and continue to perfect it for different customizable shows in the future.

Fantasyland had some downpoints for me but overall they are doing SOMETHING new. I can appreciate that in some sense overall. I also feel it is a shame to lose Snow White instead of upgrading it and putting love back into it. Many attractions around the world in different parks both Disney and beyond get that. They could of gotten that ride the love the HM got on a smaller scale and really made it fantasticly charming. I hope they do that for Peter Pan's Flight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom