Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Rich1

Stop...not a place for senseless arguing. We've got people that are too sensitive on here. Get over a faceless person maybe/maybe not insulting you. This isnt the place for it. This is an exciting day and we are celebrating Memories.

ChrisM

To my dear friend David S.,

In a forum populated with unique personalities, you truly stand above the rest. No more need be said; you have, quite literally, said it all.

Godspeed in all of your endeavors.

David S.

Stop...not a place for senseless arguing. We've got people that are too sensitive on here. Get over a faceless person maybe/maybe not insulting you. This isnt the place for it. This is an exciting day and we are celebrating Memories.

It was definitely an insult/s.

I'm glad for you that you're excited. I am disapointed to be losing YET ANOTHER WDW favorite.

ChrisM

I still find it incredibly hard to believe that TLM won't be in a soft open mode towards the end of this year or the beginning of 2012. It just seems inconceivable that it wouldn't be.

That said, has any word come out as to when they will start foundation work on the Seven Dwarves ride?

_Scar

I still find it incredibly hard to believe that TLM won't be in a soft open mode towards the end of this year or the beginning of 2012. It just seems inconceivable that it wouldn't be.

That said, has any word come out as to when they will start foundation work on the Seven Dwarves ride?

Who said this? :shrug:

I thought that show was very very good btw, just LOSE THE PICTURES.

Was I under the wrong impression that they were doing this for all 4 icons or just the castle? :shrug:

Rich1

Well, I am excited about the announcements made today. I know some people are disappointed about SWSA closing at some point soon but you have to remember that moving forward is something that even Walt would want to happen. I truly think if he would have been alive today that SWSA would have been gone already. Walt always wanted to push the envelope, venture into new endevours and explore new things. Sometimes this means you lose the older stuff. I think that when all is said and done, it'll be sad that SWSA is gone but the new stuff will be so much better. Heck, I remember loving whenever I got my first 13" color TV in my room..I loved it and thought it was the greatest thing ever..but better things come along and I'd much prefer my flat screen today over the old TV. Just make some new nostalgic memories on the new things!

MAF

NEWSFLASH Disney, nobody wants to see a bunch of strangers faces plastered all over the castle. What a horrible gimmick...

SoupBone

NEWSFLASH Disney, nobody wants to see a bunch of strangers faces plastered all over the castle. What a horrible gimmick...

Speak for yourself....being at Disney is about all of us, not just you as an individual. I enjoyed seeing the happy faces....

Rich1

MAF...the pictures are actually a small part of the show and very tastifully placed. The Castle projections are amazing..sorry you don't like it but I think the majority will. I have a feeling that most guests will be very excited to see themselves in a "show". Perhaps you've never seen how excited ppl get just to see their pictures after they get off an attraction and that's just on a small computer screen. Imagine how they'll feel after seeing themselves on a castle. Trust me, its awesome and this is going to be a HIT.

inluvwithbeast

Well, I am excited about the announcements made today. I know some people are disappointed about SWSA closing at some point soon but you have to remember that moving forward is something that even Walt would want to happen. I truly think if he would have been alive today that SWSA would have been gone already. Walt always wanted to push the envelope, venture into new endevours and explore new things. Sometimes this means you lose the older stuff. I think that when all is said and done, it'll be sad that SWSA is gone but the new stuff will be so much better. Heck, I remember loving whenever I got my first 13" color TV in my room..I loved it and thought it was the greatest thing ever..but better things come along and I'd much prefer my flat screen today over the old TV. Just make some new nostalgic memories on the new things!

That's the thing about memories. You can't just tear down memories. So while SWSA soon will no longer physically exist in WDW, there will always be the fond memories.

Kinda like when your dog dies. All dogs die. And you're a little sad, but you had great times. Then, when you're ready, you get a new dog. That dog is fun, but he's different. So you make new, different memories with the new dog, but you don't forget the old, dead one.

There... I think I put that quite eloquently. Lol.

SoupBone

MAF...the pictures are actually a small part of the show and very tastifully placed. The Castle projections are amazing..sorry you don't like it but I think the majority will. I have a feeling that most guests will be very excited to see themselves in a "show". Perhaps you've never seen how excited ppl get just to see their pictures after they get off an attraction and that's just on a small computer screen. Imagine how they'll feel after seeing themselves on a castle. Trust me, its awesome and this is going to be a HIT.

Which is exactly why I said it's about all of us. What is it about smiling happy people do some of you not like? You may not know a soul there, but seeing myself projected onto the castle would be quite an experience. It's about US, not the individual. Good post Rich...

David S.

I don't think it would be fair to Walt for EITHER of us to claim to know what Walt would or wouldn't do.

The only other thing I would say to this is that attractions aren't like TVs, where technology means the picture on each new model gets better and better and you can definitively say "newer is better". They are more like Art, which is subjective and in the eye of the beholder. One person may look at Snow White and see 'outdated technology", but another (like me) could look at it and see the Artistic quality of the ride regardless of the technology that was used.

Or, to put it another way, the Beatles made some of my favorite pop/rock albums of all-time, but the technology used to create them (simple 4-track machines), is definitely "outdated" by today's standards. Yet, many can look past these technological limitations and appreciate them for their Artistry. If using the latest technology automatically makes newer Art better than older Art that used more primitive technology, then by that logic the latest Hannah Montana CD is Artistically superior to Sgt. Pepper by the Beatles!.

Or, that's like saying Citizen Kane, Cassablanca, and It's A Wonderful Life are horrible movies! After all, they were filmed in "outdated" black and white!

Rich1

Thanks. :) Even waiting in line to meet your favorite character, it's fun to watch peoplemeeting Woody, Buzz, Cinderella, Mickey or whoever is their favorite. I dont know them but when a small child runs into Mickey's arms, a young prince gets a kiss from a beautiful princess, or when newlyweds have that fun couples picture with Chip & Dale..it brings a smile to my face and the people around me. I love it, this is what makes Disney a special place. Guests want more of this and this is one campaign that Disney hasn't aced, despite all the doubters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom