POTC: Grafitti in the queue.

Lisalyn

Why are most here assuming it's bored children, teens or sports/foreign tour groups of some type? ...for all we know it could be one of those parents that paid thousands of dollars to be at the World. Just a thought! To pool those groups and automatically say it's their fault...not fair IMHO.

G00fyDad

Why are most here assuming it's bored children, teens or sports/foreign tour groups of some type? ...for all we know it could be one of those parents that paid thousands of dollars to be at the World. Just a thought! To pool those groups and automatically say it's their fault...not fair IMHO.

I don't care who it was that did it. I just think that whoever it was needs to be held down and have a tagger draw all over their face with a Sharpie.

erasure fan1

Let's all take out our cameras and document the problem for Disney!
Actually the picture is the result of the problem. The real problem is Disney not coming down on people doing whatever they feel like it. It seems to me that they just don't want to offend anyone because they might lose some business, even if they do deserve to be thrown out. I think a lot of people know Disney really isn't going to do anything.

"If you don't stop scratching your name into the wall, I'm just going to have to ask you again but a lot more sternly!"

G00fyDad

Actually the picture is the result of the problem. The real problem is Disney not coming down on people doing whatever they feel like it. It seems to me that they just don't want to offend anyone because they might lose some business, even if they do deserve to be thrown out. I think a lot of people know Disney really isn't going to do anything.

"If you don't stop scratching your name into the wall, I'm just going to have to ask you again but a lot more sternly!"

Disney has ejected people for things in the past, but I think that in this case it happens so often that they would be tossing people out too much so they just ignore it as best they can. Now, if you walked in with a can of spray paint and started tagging the Tree of Life..... they might get a little itchy about that.

HatboxGhost

The real problem is Disney not coming down on people doing whatever they feel like it. It seems to me that they just don't want to offend anyone because they might lose some business, even if they do deserve to be thrown out. I think a lot of people know Disney really isn't going to do anything.
God forbid if Disney should tell them to stop marking up something as the idiot doing the graffiti might sue for holding back his artistic expression. It sounds silly, but with these outrageous lawsuits, I would not doubt it.

Lisalyn

I don't care who it was that did it. I just think that whoever it was needs to be held down and have a tagger draw all over their face with a Sharpie.

My point was...folks are assuming. I didn't say I'm all for the graffiti...my point was don't assume the groups that are being targeted on here. I think they need to be held accountable also, those that are guilty.

rnese

"The world revolves around ME! I'm special. If I want to carve my initials into a wall, I'll do it! If YOU don't like it...too bad! It feels good to me, so I'll do it!" - Says 95% of kids under 25.

This is why I like the idea I've heard Disney's floating around about teens having to be with an adult.

Castle Cake Apologist

I'm pretty sure that if we caught somebody doing THAT to a queue, we could easily have them removed from the park. I've gotten people ejected for much less than blatantly defacing the property...

I don't mean for my comment here to justify this kind of stuff in any way, but like some people have briefly said, that particular graffiti has been on those walls for years and years and years. You normally can't see it because of the lighting, but this picture shows it off really well. Those walls are obviously not real stone or cement or whatever they're meant to represent, but I think some guests don't realize that and just go for the scraping graffiti they've probably done on that kind of material in other places in their lives. Those walls are fabricated out of a more hollow material than real stone, plus they are coated in a glossy finish which is very easy to scratch and flake off. I wish this kind of thing would be taken care of more regularly, but that wall has looked the same as it does in that photo since before I started working at PotC 10 years ago.

AintNoOtherMan

I just don't get why one would have a desire to do this in a place like Walt Disney World. There are more things to do there than you can do in a single trip, yet someone chooses to do this? Why? Plus, it's so disrespectful and ruins the beauty of the queue. (Maybe not here, since it's so dark, but in other places it would)

I see a lot of people saying that it may not have been a kid or teen... Coming from a teen, how many adults do you know who use graffiti?

erasure fan1

I'm pretty sure that if we caught somebody doing THAT to a queue, we could easily have them removed from the park. I've gotten people ejected for much less than blatantly defacing the property...
I'm sure they could be easily thrown out, but I doubt Disney would. That wall has been hit by many people over probably a fair amount of time if you look at how much garbage is on the wall. If Disney really thought it was a big enough problem they would have put up a camera, then throw out any jerk bag who gets caught. By the look of that wall it just doesn't seem that Disney thinks it is worth the effort to throw people out. You say you have had people thrown out for much less, but from the rampant do as I want attitude all over the parks, I would say it really doesn't happen that often.

Taylor

Listen guys we do not know who or how many person(s) did this so we shouldn't be pointing fingers at teens or Brazilians or anyone else. But like I said who did it is a disrespectful A-hole

WDW1974

Ultimately, when crap like this happens it doesn't happen at 1:31 a.m. on an EMH night with no one around. It happens at 1:31 p.m. with a full queue of people. And if everyone were to have some class and speak up, then, rest assured, this stuff would not be a problem. People just watch and laugh. And we all do pay for it, even if it takes Disney years -- in some cases-- to actually fix.

I recall the beautiful wood in the private phone booth (not that any of us could ever need a pay phone anymore!) at the WL being carved up for years about a decade ago. Finally, an important Spirit walked a top resort manager over to said booth and said ''How is this possibly acceptable?'' ... and it was fixed with all the original wood ripped out and replaced.

When you see someone attempt this, you sorta have to become a citizen Mouse officer and tell them to stop it or give them a look that says knock it off! I did at the ToT at DSP a few years ago when some teens thought marking up a railing in the queue would be a fun way to pass their time. And my French ain't great. But NO is understood in any langauge.

WDW1974

Good point.

And I'm tired of watching the very racist attacks on Brazilians (they are helping prop up FLA's economy right now!) that I see on many of the boards here that seem to slip through the cracks. Sure, groups of them can be obnoxious. Groups of any kind can be -- like the good God-fearing, salt of the earth Americans visiting WDW for a night of Christian music (and assorted drinking, drug use and fornication). Just ask the poor CMs who have worked Night of Joy at MK over the years.

lego606

MagicBandit
Good point.

And I'm tired of watching the very racist attacks on Brazilians (they are helping prop up FLA's economy right now!) that I see on many of the boards here that seem to slip through the cracks. Sure, groups of them can be obnoxious. Groups of any kind can be -- like the good God-fearing, salt of the earth Americans visiting WDW for a night of Christian music (and assorted drinking, drug use and fornication). Just ask the poor CMs who have worked Night of Joy at MK over the years.
I guess call it Night of Joy for a reason...

Sped2424

Good point.

He does have a point has anyone here been there on cheer leading tournament days? If so then I hope your ears have healed by now cause mine haven't.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I just don't get why one would have a desire to do this in a place like Walt Disney World. There are more things to do there than you can do in a single trip, yet someone chooses to do this? Why? Plus, it's so disrespectful and ruins the beauty of the queue. (Maybe not here, since it's so dark, but in other places it would)

I see a lot of people saying that it may not have been a kid or teen... Coming from a teen, how many adults do you know who use graffiti?
I'm not throwing stones here...but there used to be a part of Splash Mountains queue that had a wall that was COVERED in bubblegum. It was just as disrespectful ...not to mention GROSS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom