POTC: Grafitti in the queue.

HatboxGhost

This is why we can't have nice things. A new generation of idiot guests who trash the place they spend big $$ to get into.
@ Monothingie.......This has nothing to do with this post but I LOVE CROW AND MST3K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just thought I would say that. BTW, my wife and I always sing the song from Pod People............"Idiot control now......sack of monkeys in my pocket and my Sisters ready to go" LOL!!!!

alphac2005

Some people have such low self esteem that they put permanent graffiti on their bodies in the form of tattoos. They don't respect themselves so it's unlikely they'd be inclined to respect public property or the private property of others.

Body art=low self-esteem? Wow. Not even going to touch that. My wife has plenty of class and yes, body art.

G00fyDad

Let's not get into an all out war here about body modifications. However, the two are no where even the in the ball park of each other. Graffiti is ignorant defacing of public or private property. Body modifications, while I feel can be extreme at times, is no more than altering your own property. That's all.

Clever Name

Let's not get into an all out war here about body modifications. However, the two are no where even the in the ball park of each other. Graffiti is ignorant defacing of public or private property. Body modifications, while I feel can be extreme at times, is no more than altering your own property. That's all.
According to Marie Randle of Liverpool Hope University:

"Regardless of the reason for getting tattooed, people with three or more tattoos had significantly lower levels of self-esteem and, for these people, rebellion and group affiliation also tended to predict low self -esteem. For people with fewer tattoos, self-esteem was lowest when they had a tattoo for aesthetic reasons."

http://www.tricitypsychology.com/tattoos-are-a-mark-of-low-self-esteem/

dman1373

"Regardless of the reason for getting tattooed, people with three or more tattoos had significantly lower levels of self-esteem and, for these people, rebellion and group affiliation also tended to predict low self -esteem. For people with fewer tattoos, self-esteem was lowest when they had a tattoo for aesthetic reasons."

I dont have have any tattoos and i have extremely low self esteem, so im going to the stitch ride and see what i can do to make that ride salvageable with some spray paint.

Oh yeah and by the way
DONT FEED THE TROLL

Goofyernmost

One needs to stop referring to everyone that has an opinion different from their own as a TROLL. Look and see how long they have been a member and how many posts they have had. If none and they say something many of us disagree with then one might be able to make a case. Otherwise you're just angry because someone is putting up an idea that you don't agree with. I don't in any manner agree with this particular post, but they have a right to present it and you have a right to disagree, not accuse.

G00fyDad

For every psychologist with a viewpoint (keep in mind that is exactly what that is because it cannot be truly quantified.) there are five more with differing opinions. ;)

Clever Name

For every psychologist with a viewpoint (keep in mind that is exactly what that is because it cannot be truly quantified.) there are five more with differing opinions. ;)
A significant number of studies have come to the same conclusion to wit:

"Low self esteem has been linked to poor health behaviors and harmful life style choices in adolescents. The purpose of this study was to determine how self esteem differed between adolescents engaging in body art and those who do not. A non experimental, descriptive research design utilizing the Coopersmith Self Esteem Inventory was used to evaluate self esteem in a group of 53 tattooed/body pierced, and 53 non-tattooed/body pierced high school students. Results indicated that a significantly lower self esteem was characteristic of the body art group."

http://digitool.fcla.edu/R/V9TFHIDY...find_code=WCT&request=Kuniansky, Nancy Koppel.

Of course, that is not to say that all people with tattoos suffer from low self esteem.

Sped2424

The problem is when you take something like A group of writing on a wall and then blame and offend a group of people for doing it and then calling them crass or having no class. No matter what you are going to step on a few toes so its best to refrain from things like that. The graffiti has got to go simple as that.

CDavid

Some people have such low self esteem that they put permanent graffiti on their bodies in the form of tattoos. They don't respect themselves so it's unlikely they'd be inclined to respect public property or the private property of others.

Hmm, so if a person has a tattoo...say, maybe of Horizons...they're more likely to deface property in Walt Disney World? Really?

Such person may joke about bulldozing Mission Space, but then that would be an improvement, not vandalism. :)

dman1373

hes baiting people into an arguement that has nothing to do with this thread. Its also going to get an agressive response because of the prejudice undertones. thats exacly what a troll is.
and if anyone wants to stop me from fixing stitch, look for the guy with no tattoos and 3 cans of spray paint.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Well, Disney cannot control your purchasing gum before you get there, so it will still be around, but they are not trying to make money off the sale of gum. Probably hasn't occurred to anyone yet. Until now.

The fact that they do not sell it or MCO hardly selling it is irrelevant. If you let items like that stick around on the props and scenery then it promotes more to do the same.

G00fyDad

The fact that they do not sell it or MCO hardly selling it is irrelevant. If you let items like that stick around on the props and scenery then it promotes more to do the same.

I agree. Kings Island (Yes, I know KI is not Disney) had a tree in the queue for their raft ride (I forget the name) that had chewing gum stuck all over it. It became some sort or tradition to stick the gum to it. It was nasty and disgusting. They finally cut the tree down, but it was "right there beside you" for the longest time. :confused: If Disney sold gum this very same thing would likely happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom