Post your Non Disney Layouts Here

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Angie, I'm so glad you shared these with us, they are awesome!! I love so many of them. I agree with everyone, they're so bright and colorful! The embellishments are perfect too!!

Fran, your pages are beautiful as always! I have a few of those same elements. I have the type word strip (kind, etc.) but I haven't been able to figure out how to use it. I love the way you used it, I'll have to try that.

Coree

A few simple pages I did this week.

DSC06278.jpg

DSC06279.jpg

DSC06277.jpg

Coree

Thanks, Tammy! The butterflies are rub-ons. The "FUN" rub-on was supposed to be a third butterfly, but I apparently had a brain blip and tried to rub the wrong side. That doesn't work very well.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thanks, Tammy! The butterflies are rub-ons. The "FUN" rub-on was supposed to be a third butterfly, but I apparently had a brain blip and tried to rub the wrong side. That doesn't work very well.

:lol: Well the end result looks good.

angieandtrevor

Angie, I'm so glad you shared these with us, they are awesome!! I love so many of them. I agree with everyone, they're so bright and colorful! The embellishments are perfect too!!

Thanks for the lovely comments, I am happy with how they turned out but now I am a little stumped on my next cruise album. I think we need to expand our vacations since it is tough to come up with new pages. I am so pleased that I found this website, it is great and very helpful :)

I have started doing digital pages but I still really like how 3 dimensional a traditional page looks. I have done a few pages digitally and then left some spaces to add emblishments and other items once they were printed. I get the pages printed at Costco (a Canadian version of Sam's club) for $2.50 a page and then added some extra items. So far they are turning out pretty good. I will post more when I have some completely finished.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thanks for the lovely comments, I am happy with how they turned out but now I am a little stumped on my next cruise album. I think we need to expand our vacations since it is tough to come up with new pages. I am so pleased that I found this website, it is great and very helpful :)

I have started doing digital pages but I still really like how 3 dimensional a traditional page looks. I have done a few pages digitally and then left some spaces to add emblishments and other items once they were printed. I get the pages printed at Costco (a Canadian version of Sam's club) for $2.50 a page and then added some extra items. So far they are turning out pretty good. I will post more when I have some completely finished.

We'd love to see them! I took a class once where we printed our pages and then added embellishments, and I love them!! I think it's a great way to do it. If I had that awesome Epson 12x12 printer, I'd do it all the time!:D

HollyBelle

Great pages, Coree! I just love how happy and excited your little girl looks in all of them. She's just so darn cute!

And I just love your style Fran. I like how the alien page is mostly black and white, with the exception of the picture. It really makes it pop!

I have a question for you, and anyone else who uses a lot of kits... what type of system do you use to save the papers and embellishments. I'm tossing around the idea of using kits to do a book and I've downloaded a few, but am having trouble finding a good "filing system." My OCD demands that I figure this out before downloading any more. :lol:

mouselvrmom

Holly,

I save my kits in a folder under the kit name. I have a folder on my desktop labeled scrapbook kits. Then, they are all alphabetically filed under the kit name. I have a TON of kits and I find that this system works the best for me. I totally hear you on finding something that will work for you. :lol:

HollyBelle

Holly,

I save my kits in a folder under the kit name. I have a folder on my desktop labeled scrapbook kits. Then, they are all alphabetically filed under the kit name. I have a TON of kits and I find that this system works the best for me. I totally hear you on finding something that will work for you. :lol:

That's how I have mine right now, although I'd love to have some kind of searchable filing system. A computer techie should come up with something of the sort... I bet they could make some good money off of it.

mouselvrmom

That's how I have mine right now, although I'd love to have some kind of searchable filing system. A computer techie should come up with something of the sort... I bet they could make some good money off of it.

Oh, great, another person to take my money. :lol: Although I'm intrigued by your idea. I have a feeling Sam would say that I can search the old fashioned way. :cry::lol:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I am no help. I wasn't sure how to organize what I have. Right now I've got separate folders for each thing. Papers, Buttons, Ribbons, Word Art, Alphabets, arrows, Flowers, Photo corners, etc. I do have a special folder full of Disney paper and embellishments, since I know I will use those the most. If anything could fit in either, system I saved a copy in both.

I like it so far, but I haven't been doing it very long.:)

Fran98765

Thanks for kind words about my pages. My filing system goes something like this:

explorer_organization.jpg

This is my left side of windows explorer. The 0-My Pages is the work I have completed, it is then divided into years and sometimes even months, depending on how many are there. I put the 0 in front so it would be on the top. I also name each layout with the year first, so everything done this year would be 2009xxx, where xx is a description of the layout/title. This helps in case I lose directories somehow, I will know the years of each layout, plus I do date most of the stuff, sometimes I don't add years on them, however.

I also wanted to keep my commercial use products separately, so it's a 1-. All of them can be used for any designing that I may do.

I also wanted to keep my scans and clip art downloads handy, so it's next with 2.

Then I put a folder for all major sites (well not ones I don't have any downloads from) ... I expanded NDISB (Natural Designs in Scrapbooking) because it's fairly small. Some of the other sites have a ton of designers... so under each major site, I list each designer. Under each designer, I separate by kit. If the kit has an alpha, I keep that in its own folder under the kit, since 26 or 52 plus numbers and symbols is a lot of files to ignore when you are making the page. I name that folder 'alpha'.

Now, if the kit is a collab, I do a couple of different things. If it's just 2 or 3 designers getting together on a project and I am CT for one of them, I will put the kit under her name. If I'm not on the CT, or if it is an entire store's collab (like a monthly mega), then I make another "designer" for that site called "Multiple Designers & Collabs". Under each of those, I put the name of the collab. And now, depending on the kit and how well the files are labeled, I will either make a separate folder for each designer, or just clump them all together. Usually I try to rename the TOU for each designer to match their file labeling system, to keep that together.

Sometimes designers change shops and when I realize this (sometimes years later), I will just move the whole designer to her new shop.

When I started, I did use the "put all ribbons together" filing system, but that only works for a very short term. Eventually you will find designers that name their products stupidly, there's an entire site that used to (they may still), name everything paper1, paper2, element1, element2, etc. No designer names, no kit names on them... NOTHING! Do you know how many element 1's I had??? GAH. My current system keeps kits together, so that it is simple to credit when I post. I also do a lot of CT work, so I usually stay within a kit, or at least a designer when I am doing CT layouts.

When I download, I do so directly into the correct folder. I create a new folder with the kit name as I download, so I know where to find my file and it won't get separated from its siblings. :)

BTW I opened Neverland Scraps, because she is a Disney fan and has several Disney-ish kits in her shop. :)

eagles

all these pages are awesome, and i am just going to copy them, so i don't have to think to do my pages!

and wow, that is some organizing. i will never ever be that organized with anything in my life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom