Possible Frontierland expansion

flyerjab

I asked around and apparently this is now our big 50th project. Plus parades and fireworks of course. Hope it sticks. I like this more than the 50th Frontierland ride proposal.

Are you talking about TL or FL? I am getting twisted around in this thread since it is about FL yet we are also discussing TL overhauls. :confused:

I can't keep up with everything that is going on anymore.

doctornick

Original Poster
I understand Tomorrowland is next in line for what could be a major overhaul.

I realize you can't say, but I wonder what that would entail? Just cosmetic stuff like paint and external theming? Renovating or updating attractions? Replacing the attractions (rumored for SGE at least, perhaps others) with new ones?

Would it be conceivable that they would actually use one of the many available expansion pads in Tomorrowland to *gasp* build something new? Naw, I didn't think so either.

Kamikaze

When they announce the Tommorland overhaul will they then build it first in Disneyland and then roll it out in Florida later like they did with Star Wars? Honestly that decision still makes no sense at all..DHS is suffering from a lack of rides, they finally announce an expansion, but build the better first version in the Disney Park that has more rides than any other...and then later opening in Florida... I don't get it. They also got Carsland and we get the value engineered Toy Story Land...

The decision makes plenty of sense. DLR will spend money to get what they want. TDO won't unless they have to. So the money they are saving in having DLR do the initial build out and the R&D makes the delay worth it to them.

So..... Announcement sometime before the end of this decade for a grand opening in 2021? Or are we looking at this being announced in 2021?

If it was going to be the '50th project' then it would have to be open for the 50th.

You do realize the Jurassic Franchise is owned by Uni right?

I believe he just meant that since JW did well, Disney should use dinosaurs, not the Jurassic franchise.

Disone

When they announce the Tommorland overhaul will they then build it first in Disneyland and then roll it out in Florida later like they did with Star Wars? Honestly that decision still makes no sense at all..DHS is suffering from a lack of rides, they finally announce an expansion, but build the better first version in the Disney Park that has more rides than any other...and then later opening in Florida... I don't get it. They also got Carsland and we get the value engineered Toy Story Land...
I think TSL will be better then previous attempts at HKDL and Paris. That said, I hate that term "value engineering" because it really is budget cutting. They are not adding value in any way shape or form, nor are they fooling anyone, but they are damaging the brand. Disney is no longer the undisputed theme park leader in quality around the world and this is because of WDW's practice of "Value Enginneering" everything they do. They need to go back to "knock your sock off Enginneering".... you know... OMG that's great, but how do we make it even more amazing?

ToTBellHop

So..... Announcement sometime before the end of this decade for a grand opening in 2021? Or are we looking at this being announced in 2021?
Who knows? This is Disney and this is a plan. By the time they actually commit, it could be a churro stand expansion for Adventureland. I will say this: there continues to be an understanding that they must go big for the 50th. Imagine 24" churros and shareable cupcakes!

Chef Kronk

Who knows? This is Disney and this is a plan. By the time they actually commit, it could be a churro stand expansion for Adventureland. I will say this: there continues to be an understanding that they must go big for the 50th. Imagine 24" churros and shareable cupcakes!

One more question for you. A little while back there was talk of TL getting a name change to Discoveryland or something along those lines. Is that happening or was it just rumor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom