Possible Frontierland expansion

Kman101

I absolutely refuse to get my hopes up about any of this. I really really (I really do!) want to but I've had the rug pulled out from under me. Look at the so-called DHS expansion. They can't even update their 20 year old shows, and before they moved Star Wars I feel like we would have gotten a heck of a lot more ...

At least we'll get SOMETHING for the 50th I suppose but I'll believe it when construction starts LOL

Obviously I trust our insiders but we know how this company operates their Florida parks.

ToTBellHop

Wouldn't a "shareable" cupcake just be a cake?
IMG_3108.JPG
$59.95

EricsBiscuit

I bring good news. The Liberty Belle has a new boiler ready for install next year. So if they're willing to invest in that plus the revenue of the ice cream parties coupled with the cost of filling in ROA and demolishing TSI, the ROA's attractions are going nowhere. They will most likely expand between Pirates and Splash or where the Splash Mountain exit is now.

deWild

Frontierland expansion would be nice, but I would agree with many and say that Tomorrowland needs it more. That being said, anyone hear anything about another Space Mountain overhaul? I love Space just as much as anyone else, but frankly it gives me a headache now more than it ever has before. Is it within the realm of possibility that Orlando's Space Mountain can get a single, launched track like Paris?

Kman101

You'd think Space would be a top priority and maybe it's included in the TL "overhaul" "planned" but it didn't sound like it?

Tomorrowland needs a makeover and a new theme, badly, and a change of attractions. An expansion would also be nice but Space also needs work. The speedway also either needs an overhaul or to be taken out for something else, that's prime real estate. So yeah, TL needs help the most, but I'd say Adventureland could use that expansion as well, and in a park that needs all the walking space it can get, moving of the flying rugs would be nice. FL should be last on the list. Heck, Fantasyland needs their tents removed and Peter Pan needs an overhaul.

They better get moving ;)

Ripken10

You'd think Space would be a top priority and maybe it's included in the TL "overhaul" "planned" but it didn't sound like it?

Tomorrowland needs a makeover and a new theme, badly, and a change of attractions. An expansion would also be nice but Space also needs work. The speedway also either needs an overhaul or to be taken out for something else, that's prime real estate. So yeah, TL needs help the most, but I'd say Adventureland could use that expansion as well, and in a park that needs all the walking space it can get, moving of the flying rugs would be nice. FL should be last on the list. Heck, Fantasyland needs their tents removed and Peter Pan needs an overhaul.

They better get moving ;)
You expect an awful lot of money to be spent for something that will not see the same money returned on investment. Sure they will do some things, but one has to step out of their fan shoes to realize they are still a business, and putting money in just cause without possible return isn't going to keep you employed for very long. Sure I would love to see it too, but money spent in other places has a lot more potential for return on investment. Thus why you don't see stuff done at the MK as often as any hardcore fan would like.

Kman101

Thanks for telling me Disney is a business! I had NO idea ;)

I didn't need to be told that's fan wishing. Obviously it is and what I see as a problem I know they don't. I do live in the real world.

I'm also not sorry I want the parks to be the best they can be. Heaven forbid they commit some money "just because" ...

drizgirl

I bring good news. The Liberty Belle has a new boiler ready for install next year. So if they're willing to invest in that plus the revenue of the ice cream parties coupled with the cost of filling in ROA and demolishing TSI, the ROA's attractions are going nowhere. They will most likely expand between Pirates and Splash or where the Splash Mountain exit is now.

Well that explains a lot. Disney obviously did not have the cash for the needed repair, so that's what the ice cream party was for. :cautious:

Mike S

Thanks for telling me Disney is a business! I had NO idea ;)

I didn't need to be told that's fan wishing. Obviously it is and what I see as a problem I know they don't. I do live in the real world.

I'm also not sorry I want the parks to be the best they can be. Heaven forbid they commit some money "just because" ...
So weird how at MK these things can't be done but at other castle parks around the world updates here and there are par for the course. Isn't MK the most attended, and by extension makes the most money? So weird...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So weird how at MK these things can't be done but at other castle parks around the world updates here and there are par for the course. Isn't MK the most attended, and by extension makes the most money? So weird...
You kind of answered your own question.

MK is the most attended and one of the more profitable locations in the Disney empire and it is doing that with very little CAPEX past basic maintenance. For those that are making the "should we spend this or that" decisions, there is no real reason to put money into something that is performing so well without it. The potential for more ROI exists by putting the money into parks that are not performing as well essentially turning MK into an ATM for the company.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that jazz.

Mike S

You kind of answered your own question.

MK is the most attended and one of the more profitable locations in the Disney empire and it is doing that with very little CAPEX past basic maintenance. For those that are making the "should we spend this or that" decisions, there is no real reason to put money into something that is performing so well without it. The potential for more ROI exists by putting the money into parks that are not performing as well essentially turning MK into an ATM for the company.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that jazz.
My point was that people act like they don't have the money to do these things. They do. Just because the other parks need more attention doesn't mean things can't still be done at MK. There's no excuse for Space Mountain's ongoing track conditions, why they couldn't add the new effects from DL to BTM in its latest refurb, or why Peter Pan has still seen no kind of update like what has happened to pretty much all the other versions. Just some examples.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My point was that people act like they don't have the money to do these things. They do. Just because the other parks need more attention doesn't mean things can't still be done at MK. There's no excuse for Space Mountain's ongoing track conditions, why they couldn't add the new effects from DL to BTM in its latest refurb, or why Peter Pan has still seen no kind of update like what has happened to pretty much all the other versions. Just some examples.
Sure they have the money, but their thinking is why spend it if it will not produce a return. This will continue to be the standard operating procedure until people start voting with their wallets.

Given that MK is often bursting at the seams, an attendance drop might actually be a welcomed thing.

EricsBiscuit

Peter Pan doesn't need much because it always has a long line. Same for Space Mountain. If it's not broken why fix it? I'd rather have them use their money on EPCOT or one of the other parks. The only thing I think they need to do is update Buzz Lightyear. I also think the Tomorrowland theme is great. They can't feasibly have a futuristic themed land due to the need for constant updates which would drain money from other parts of the park. The Jules Verne theming I love. Maybe replace the speedway.

Back to FL, I think the expansion pad between Splash Mountain and Pirates is a great opportunity. Just move the Adventureland border down and add like a Sinbad water ride at Disney Sea or a Moana boat ride. Then another attraction could be made behind and between Splash and BTMRR forming a triangle. For further expansion, bridge the canal and add New Orleans Square or something between the Indians and BTMRR. The only problem with that is that it would have to be either a draw bridge or rotating bridge because the Liberty Belle needs to go through that canal once every few years to get to the dry dock for repairs. Just my thoughts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom