Possible Frontierland expansion

doctornick

Original Poster
It would also work perfectly in DAK...maybe replacing Chester and Hester...Replace the temporary looking section of the park and add another much needed E-ticket ride

I don't think they should replace Chester and Hester when the park needs more rides, not replacements. That area has two of the precious few rides in the park. Furthermore, it makes sense to have a reasonably sized area dedicated to dinosaurs. If Dinorama is going to be replaced, it should be (1) with other Dinosaur themed stuff and (2) done after additions to other areas of the park.

I'd love to see Mystic Manor in DAK, but it would best be added to Asia or Africa with the appropriate change to the external theming to fit into those areas.

Last edited:

Kman101

Why would they replace Chester and Hester when the park needs more rides, not replacements? Furthermore, it makes sense to have a reasonably sized area dedicated to dinosaurs. If Dinorama is going to be replaced, it should be (1) with other Dinosaur themed stuff and (2) done after additions to other areas of the park.

I'd love to see Mystic Manor in DAK, but it would best be added to Asia or Africa with the appropriate change to the external theming to fit into those areas.

I don't get that argument. Dinorama is prime real estate. It's not like them shutting down Dinosaur for a replacement. I don't see it as the same as replacing something. Let's say they decided to replace Dinorama with the Excavator (This isn't a rumor, just saying ...). That would be a gain to me. But I do agree they need to expand instead of simply replacing what they have. I just don't think it necessarily applies to the carnival games and Primeval Whirl.

Daveeeeed

I don't get that argument. Dinorama is prime real estate. It's not like them shutting down Dinosaur for a replacement. I don't see it as the same as replacing something. Let's say they decided to replace Dinorama with the Excavator (This isn't a rumor, just saying ...). That would be a gain to me. But I do agree they need to expand instead of simply replacing what they have. I just don't think it necessarily applies to the carnival games and Primeval Whirl.
They could add a cheap coaster like Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril; the good in that is it could fit the land's theme well and it would be a huge improvement over what is there currently. That type of coaster to keep the capacity along with a new addition would be cool, but there's no point in keeping an awful temporary ride (Primeval-Whirl) for capacity. There need to be good rides for capacity.

Last edited:

doctornick

Original Poster

But why not build the Excavator in addition? My point is that DAK has land and has a desperate need for ride capacity that it seems dumb to remove some of the precious few rides the park has when you can add stuff.

Also, Triceratops spin is one of the only rides at the park that is truly all ages and okay for people with motion problems (the safari too is all ages, but even that can be bumpy and now as well tolerated by some). The Pandora boat ride would also be in that class of calmer all ages rides, it seems, so that's good.

I'm all for replacing Dinorama -- someday -- but definitely don't think it should be a priority over adding more stuff to existing lands or building another new land (Australia to the north, perhaps?).

Kman101

But why not build the Excavator in addition? My point is that DAK has land and has a desperate need for ride capacity that it seems dumb to remove some of the precious few rides the park has when you can add stuff.

Also, Triceratops spin is one of the only rides at the park that is truly all ages and okay for people with motion problems (the safari too is all ages, but even that can be bumpy and now as well tolerated by some). The Pandora boat ride would also be in that class of calmer all ages rides, it seems, so that's good.

I'm all for replacing Dinorama -- someday -- but definitely don't think it should be a priority over adding more stuff to existing lands or building another new land (Australia to the north, perhaps?).

LOL, I forgot all about Triceratop ... I do see what you mean though and definitely agree. We need additions not replacements. Badly.

Daveeeeed

You can replace rides that shouldn't even be at Disney Parks with rides that should be. Primeval-Whirl has such a small capacity even when combined with dinorama. What needs to happen is a family e-ticket comes to the land along with possibly a c-ticket coaster or dark ride. Again they shouldn't even be considered rides they deserve a spot at Six Flags where you pay a fraction of the price. Dinosaurs deserve more and with Jurassic World being huge I would expect for them to do something in the 2020's.

It's like Camp Minnie Mickey. It is TEMPORARY and therefore SHOULD BE. It is an expansion plot that they just added minor diversions like the old WDW Toontown.
It's a shame that we have to cling onto two crappy low capacity attractions rather than wanting it to be temporary.

Sundown

The future of TSI is still under discussion I believe.

Well, it would be a shame to mess with Tom Sawyer's Island.

An immersive area where kids can be fort defenders & target frontier rifles...can get brave by successfully navigating a labrynth of dark caves...can jump up and down on a wobbly wooden bridge...can explore various mysterious pathways...

This is an experience that Disney does best and should be very proud of. It has influenced so many people over the years of it's existence. They may not realize it, but in making "Pandora" and entire themed land, they're really emulating themselves with Tom Sawyer's Island (not Harry Potter at Universal).

Speedy71

This land is back on the radar for.... work. But don't expect anything for quite a while.

a136d4921c9188623c4865ac2c0f706c885369da66030a59e7cf6ef190d0ce80.jpg

Bocabear

I would love to see them dump the circus theme entirely, build a whole new show building and an expanded longer and best ever version of the Peter Pan ride, replace the Circus Train splash area with maybe A Neverland Pirate Ship splash area ( the old Disneyland Neverland Pool area) Tinkerbelle's Flight family coaster anyone (Great Goofini?)
Then that allows for a new ride in Fantasyland in the old Peter Pan building...

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I would love to see them dump the circus theme entirely, build a whole new show building and an expanded longer and best ever version of the Peter Pan ride, replace the Circus Train splash area with maybe A Neverland Pirate Ship splash area ( the old Disneyland Neverland Pool area) Tinkerbelle's Flight family coaster anyone (Great Goofini?)
Then that allows for a new ride in Fantasyland in the old Peter Pan building...
To go with the new ride that they built in the old SWSA building?

michmousefan

I disagree, simply because of the impact that nighttime spectaculars have. Rivers of Light is going to draw people to Animal Kingdom in a way that no new Epcot attraction could, simply because Epcot already has ROE.
Plus, if Pandora at night turns out to be an absolute must-see thing, that will also draw nighttime crowds away from MK. But the real issue is the disparity between closing times at MK vs the other three parks. Unless the closing time is past the 9pm of Epcot (9:30 after ROE, I guess) there will still be some kind of flow back to the MK on those nights that it remains open hours longer than the other parks. Of course, when SWE opens... I'd imagine that just to accommodate as many crowds as possible the Studios will be open a good deal later... perhaps 11pm or so? If there's only an hour or so of difference in closing times, that really reduces the late-night park hop incentive.

Bocabear

I understand Tomorrowland is next in line for what could be a major overhaul.
When they announce the Tommorland overhaul will they then build it first in Disneyland and then roll it out in Florida later like they did with Star Wars? Honestly that decision still makes no sense at all..DHS is suffering from a lack of rides, they finally announce an expansion, but build the better first version in the Disney Park that has more rides than any other...and then later opening in Florida... I don't get it. They also got Carsland and we get the value engineered Toy Story Land...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom