Possible Frontierland expansion

Princess Leia

Adventureland also has a Jasmine M&G, just FYI.
Right. Do they have a Genie M&G anymore? I have a picture from one of my 90s trips with him, but it might have been from a character breakfast.
They could move the carpet spinner ride from from MK to Morocco in EPCOT.
Absolutely not. Nope.
I want the carpet ride to go through the tight alley ways and shops of the Moroccan Pavilion like for Donald Duck in PhilharMagic. Oh, that reminds me: There's an Aladdin presence in PhilharMagic!
I'm with you on that carpet thrill ride (Just maybe not in Epcot). When MK has Dumbo and the Astro Orbiter, it really didn't make sense to add the third. Especially now that there are two Dumbo spinners.

HauntedMansionFLA

Right. Do they have a Genie M&G anymore? I have a picture from one of my 90s trips with him, but it might have been from a character breakfast.

Absolutely not. Nope.

I'm with you on that carpet thrill ride (Just maybe not in Epcot). When MK has Dumbo and the Astro Orbiter, it really didn't make sense to add the third. Especially now that there are two Dumbo spinners.
Kidding :)

Haymarket2008

So if the Frontierland expansion that was talked about a year ago isn't happening, at least that specific iteration, what was it going to be? Posters in the know say it was for the better.

doctornick

Original Poster
I remember hearing rumors that were going to tie Fronteirland into an Oz area focused on the James Franco movie until that movie underperformed. Was that an actual proposal?
Oz and The Lone Ranger seemed to have some proposals floating about but both of those movies didn't do much at the box office such that it's tough to see Disney pursuing projects involving them.

The only other IP I remember being mentioned was Toy Story with a Woody's Roundup kind of theme. I could see it though that strikes me as a poor fit for Frontierland (even worse than Buzz in Tomorrowland IMHO because at least TL tends to have more whimsy) but it wouldn't surprise me.

If only they would bring back WRE. They have to know that fanboys would eat it up and proclaim it as the greatest thing ever.

cheezbat

There were several options considered. One was to build a ride on TSI and link it to the mainland with a permenant bridge.
While that's not ideal to me(I love Tom Sawyer island!), I could see them eventually cutting off the Fort Langhorn island and use it as a bridge to an expansion pad north of Frontierland. Eventually there needs to be some way to end the Big Thunder/Splash Mountain bottleneck...looping back around near Fantasyland or Liberty Square. That area gets way too congested.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom